Notices

Lexus GT500 Gets Green Light at $170,000

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2006, 08:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TcDepo
why dont u go tickle ur @sshole with a pink feather $hitbag ******.
!!!
Not my style. Seems more like your kind of thing. Keep your interests and hobbies of that manner to yourself, you don't hear me encouraging you to get a girlfriend and get laid right?
Old 03-10-2006, 09:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by R2D2
WooH!!!! Chill out both of U!!!
...europeans are by far are the best built cars in the world
European built cars are known as premium performance vehicles, but NO WAY can u call them the "best" cars in the World.
It truely depends on what u define as "best".
Is best meaning optimal performance but shiety reliability/durability? Or vice versa?
I know first hand that some Euro-mobiles aren't & haven't been in any sense realiable, infact they've had scheduled breakdowns.
In my book, if a car is "scheduled" to eatshiet, that rules out its chances of the in "best" catagory. On the same token, there are the ultimate machines tuned for perfection (like Ferrari, Rolls, McLaren, etc...), however from my experience the more performance oriented the car is, the more unreliable it becomes @ the same time the more reliable a car is, the less performance tuned its geared towards (not true in every single case, just from my overall experience).
And to say:
...japanease cars will never be the fastest cars in the world...<--
~ I respond with: NEVER SAY NEVER.
These are the points i've been trying to get across all along. Thank you very much
Old 03-11-2006, 01:48 AM
5 Year Member

Personally, I'm saving money for another baby...

With better design then GT500
http://www.toyota.com/vehicles/future/volta.html
Old 03-24-2006, 06:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

+

= Super Car
Old 09-16-2006, 12:51 AM
5 Year Member

Five words. Porsche 911 Turbo for $120,000. The 911 Turbo will probably kill the GT and its got heritage. Ferrari and Lamboghini are $170k plus cars because they have been top of the heap for decades. I love Toyota, but you don't just walk into that circle. They would do better targeting the volume that the 911 sees rather than the price that the Ferrari gets. When you think about it, they could adopt the same system that Porsche has in the 911, and Audi will probably use in the R8. Make one car and put a series of engines in it. The base GT should be under $100k with the 4.6L engine, but if Toyota wants to make a profit on this venture, they need to stay out of the Ferrari price range for a couple generations. A Lexus doesn't have the wow factor of a Ferrari or Lamboghini. It would have to be the most strikingly beautiful Lexus ever crafted to be worth $100k. Too many people would opt for a 911 variant, an M6, or a Corvette. They need to not use the same type of grille that they use in the IS or no grille, as it is in the LF-A. I would rather have something like the grille of the current SC. Horizontal lines are more appealing than vertical ones to me. They don't need a grille though if its a mid-engine set up.
The Ford GT was a great car, but it was priced beyond its brand. All the cars that are priced between $150k-200k that have been successful are an entry level to an exotic brand. Lexus will be more successful than Ford, but it might not make it to a second generation if they aren't careful.
Old 09-16-2006, 01:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

This thread was soooooooo 6 months ago.
Old 09-16-2006, 06:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

boy im tellin you.
Old 09-16-2006, 02:48 PM
5 Year Member

Sorry, I'm new. It just seemed to me like there were some obvious points that weren't being made. People who are truly rich don't care about price or even reliability. Those people are not Toyota/Lexus/Scion customers. There are other people that would have this as their dream car because of their undying loyalty to Toyota, but many of these people buy Toyotas because they are reasonably priced, high quality cars. At $170k, neither one of these groups gets served. It should be priced so that people making $100k a year or better could afford it. Lastly, no Toyota product should be a car that you have to be afraid of getting jacked for.
Old 09-16-2006, 03:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^x2
Old 10-04-2006, 04:48 AM
5 Year Member

Wow. I stumbled across this a little late i think. Just want to say a few things.

1. Stop worrying about Ferrari, Lambo, Bentley, MB. Lexus does not give two ____s about them with this car and neither should you. This is a LOW VOLUME car that is nothing more than Toyota showing that they can produce a high performance "exotic" with its F1 technologies, and still keep its luxurious "feel" if you will as a Lexus. Toyota is not releasing this car saying "I hope the price tag is ok, I really want to steal sales from Ferrari" Maybe later on, right now this is a car that is being released just as a Halo car, to show what Toyota F1 and Lexus are capable of.

2. The Bentley Continental GT is almost 5300lbs. Your comparing apples and Oranges in terms of what is being built by each company.

3. This is a Lexus supercar. People who own exotics buy them because they are rare and special. This is the first "supercar" to be produced by Lexus/Toyota, and even larger possibly the first Japanese Exotic to be produced. I dont think there will be much trouble selling these cars. Never underestimate the power the word "first" can have. It being the first often means, with time the value of the car will only go up. Assuming the quality is there. Thats a big key, and my 4th point.

4. Alot of people here are stating that Ferrari and Lambo will be faster, better performing and whatever else cars. ALso very much disregarding the amount of technology that Toyota/ Lexus possess. Sure Ferrari and Lamborghini have been making high performance cars for longer, but that in no way means Toyota is unable to make a car that can rival them. Toyota has more money than even they know what to do with, if you dont think that money cant buy the same skilled engineers Ferrari has, your very wrong. Just because Toyota has only recently got involved with F1 and high performance racing dont disregard the amount of technology they have.

5. Personally, if i had the kind of money to buy this car id buy it as soon as i could. I would buy it over a Ferrari, Bentley, Lamborghini. Why? Because it would turn heads, people would see this car and say what the hell is that, and then they notice the Lexus logo. That reaction would make it worth it for me everytime. But im different, i dont need a status symbol like Ferrari to make me feel comfortable.

6. The design of the car IMO is beautiful. Sleek and aggressive yet simple and non abrasive. I personally dont like what alot of the exotics have turned into. The people saying its not WOW factor enough i think are missing the point here. Lexus wants this car to fit in their new L-Fineese ideals. Hence the front end being recognizable to the IS250/350, it keeps the Lexus look to it, which is one of the main reasons this car is being made in the first place, to raise the value and prestige associated with the brand.

End Rant.