Notices

Rumored 400-500 Scion tC Tuner Editions

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2006, 08:01 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Well for a tuner car it should be VERY bare with out the SUpercharger and all so that people can do what they want. But if they are going to make a tuner car, it needs to be all out with weight reduction. No power windows, locks, no a/c, no stereo, no rear seats, cut back sound deadening.

A tuner car (and the EVO RS is a good example) is meant to be able to be worked on and get rid of unneeded things. Things that a totally tuned car wont have.

People that go all out, will replace the stereo, so why have a factory one in the first place? Most people will replace the steering wheel, seats, wheels, lighting, and all. So if the skimp and make those parts cheap or non existent, they can lower the price tramadically.

I myselk have parts laying around that I would have been netter off if they never came with the car. I could have saved money on purchase by never having payed for 17 inch alloy wheels. If I put new seats in, then who cares if they equip the car with ratty seats.

If they want to make it a tuner, they need to go all out.
Old 02-21-2006, 08:02 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

scion made a
Old 02-21-2006, 08:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS
Team ScioNRG
DelMarVa
Scion Evolution
Scion Tuners

me/Perruzzi aren't guessing on the ones we've listed
we were told, by Scion what they had planned/decided to put on/take off this vehicle

some minor changes may be made most likely, but thank god it hasn't gone into production yet
Old 02-21-2006, 08:03 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by Serialk1llr
I mean, without actually seeing the full spec list, we're just guessing here. But judging from what we've gathered the Tuner edition isn't mcuh different. Sure, cheap wheels because we'll just pitch them anyways for something different. There's 1500 right there i'd think.

A lot of what I hear is lose the glass roof to save a lot of weight. Okay, so we still have a glass roof?

Okay we're gonna yank the stock seats to put in more sporty seats (sometimes), so why go with special fabric or whatever?

Maybe yank the back seats altogether as someone suggested.

No passenger door key hole? Not really something most of us worry about?

Limited color: well, yeah some of us repaint so i can kinda see this as being a better idea.

I mean, for a 1500 drop not much has happened in significant changes, and its the big ones IMHO that make a difference.
You got it all typed in before me I agree completely
Old 02-21-2006, 08:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS
Team ScioNRG
DelMarVa
Scion Evolution
Scion Tuners

HOPEFULLY, they read this thread
take some ideas, write them down and get rolling with something better
Old 02-21-2006, 08:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

This is a pretty dumb idea... I can see them removing the 17" rims to cut the price down for people who want to buy their own rims, but losing the keyless entry and maybe even the passenger side key hole?

And if they're gonna make one with no moonroof, give it a regular hard top, not fixed glass.

Just by losing the moonroof and 17" rims they should be able to lower the price $1500 or whatever. The primer ideas, and no keyless enty are just stupid.

Here's an idea... Offer a supercharged tC with no glass roof, no radio, on steelies, that costs as much, or slightly more than a stock tC. THAT is more like a "tuner" edition.

-THE DON
Old 02-21-2006, 08:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
OhioScions
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

You know what would be badbutt and probably never gonna happen? Scion Strips their "Tuner Edition" down and budgets us an "allowance" to spend on aftermarkets up front which the dealer buys for us, so we can pitch the ratty seats for Birdi or whatever, ditch the stock shifter for a TWM SS, etc etc etc. That way what we REALLY want is financed, bla bla bla. I could se that as a MUCH bigger draw than just stripping out a few things.

Or maybe a version of that?

Or maybe I'm a flaming idiot!
Old 02-21-2006, 08:14 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Well i dont really like the idea of having a credit type thing..because then you will have to many people with a modded tC that havent put any hardwork and money into it. Its kinda like the toyota matrix. A hooked up looking car for someone that knows nothing.
Old 02-21-2006, 08:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
OhioScions
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Thats why you limit them to like super low quantity. Even more rare than a RS. *shrug*
Old 02-21-2006, 08:31 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

true. But limited quantity drives up supply and demand...and you will quickly see these costing ALOT.
Old 02-21-2006, 08:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS
Team ScioNRG
DelMarVa
Scion Evolution
Scion Tuners

this car upsets me more by the second, when they first told us i sat with my mouth closed, cuz i had nothing good to say. i had tried to clear this from my head, but now im upset again.....
Old 02-21-2006, 08:37 PM
5 Year Member

SL Member

I was talking to some big wigs from Scion about this run last year. They talked about cutting in down even further (cruise control, leather wrapped stearing wheel, keyless, roof, wheels, possibly ABS, and still debating on other power equipment like windows and mirrors.) Sounded good at the time with a significant change in starting price to be able to do power and performance upgrades and aftermarket wheels on limited budgets.

I tried to get limited edition paint job with racing stripes or two tones to set it apart at a glance. But the problem with toyota a lot of the time, is they don't like to mess with something that works. And the tC works for them.
Old 02-21-2006, 08:56 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

well then why are they trying this in the first place??
Old 02-21-2006, 09:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Well if you come to Peruzzi I offer big name brands like TEIN, HKS, AEM, WeaponR, DC Sports, Strup, Greddy, Apexi, Tanabe, Axis, Konig, TSW, Katzkin, and many others. You can basically walk outta my dealership with a show car if you wanted...

I dont like the idea of giving people a credit to get all those options.
Old 02-21-2006, 09:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS
Team ScioNRG
DelMarVa
Scion Evolution
Scion Tuners

Originally Posted by PeruzziScion
Well if you come to Peruzzi I offer big name brands like TEIN, HKS, AEM, WeaponR, DC Sports, Strup, Greddy, Apexi, Tanabe, Axis, Konig, TSW, Katzkin, and many others. You can basically walk outta my dealership with a show car if you wanted...

I dont like the idea of giving people a credit to get all those options.
this is why u were a Scion Champion
Old 02-21-2006, 09:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well, I think that they should figure out what they mean by "tuner". Does it mean totally stripped down, lightweight vehicle (ie, evo RS), or does it mean tricked out show car?

if they want to do stripped down race vehcile (great idea, btw), ditch anything that ads weight (and cost). power door locks, power windows, glass roof (entirely, just make it out of steel or something), all the sound deadening material (and supposedly there's a LOT in the tC), maybe even ditch the rear seats. hell, ditch the A/C, cruise, etc, and offer up a FACTORY BUILT supercharged tC at about the price of a normal tC. (or add LSD and price it $1000 more) tune the suspension better (shorter springs don't cost anything more to produce, and how expensive could the TRD shocks cost?), and you'd have a factory-built race car, 25-2700lbs (or less), 200+ horsepower and would cost pretty close to where the tC is now. see Evo RS and Miata Club spec.

however, if they mean "tuner" as a show car, then you need the power stuff, you need the glass sunroof, but you probably don't need the wheels/tires/stereo/etc.

the stripped down race vehicle is a GREAT concept, that really is what the muscle cars used to be; basically stripped down economy cars with HUGE engines shoved in them.
Old 02-21-2006, 09:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
OhioScions
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

I wonder how far from Cincinnati OH you are, Peruzzi. But more importantly, how competative are you aftermarket part prices. I shop around ;)

And why would you have a problem cutting a check back to someone at the end of a deal? I mean, you sell a car, they get a car + money to blow on mods they want? Unless, they blew it on drugs, but again, have the buyer(s) specify what they want and from where.

But back on topic, I agree with gjpjr84. WHy are they doing this concept then?

Come to think of it, this happens ALL THE TIME when buying a house. Cash back at closing. I'm on to something HOT here.
Old 02-21-2006, 09:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

What a disappointment. Definitely not what you picture when you picture "Tuner Edition". I was thinking something more along the lines of the Jada tC.
Old 02-21-2006, 09:44 PM
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by dante
well, I think that they should figure out what they mean by "tuner". Does it mean totally stripped down, lightweight vehicle (ie, evo RS), or does it mean tricked out show car?
That's the problem.... each buyer is different with different plans for their car. Some people dream of stereo customization, others performance mods, and some people are all about visual mods. Scion wants a car that people can justify the extra accessories and add on's because of the lowered price.

They offer the car and the buyer creates the car that they want out of it.
Old 02-21-2006, 09:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

i want a hardtop

Quick Reply: Rumored 400-500 Scion tC Tuner Editions