Notices

Scion iQ Spy Shot

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 06:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Eh, see that's just way to much for something that small, Toyota or not. Nobody will buy something that small and yet you can get a Yaris or a xD for 1k more and have more room.

The same thing is happening with the Smart ForTwo, too expensive for something so small.
Old 04-03-2009, 06:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

i cant wait to see how this car turns out
Old 04-05-2009, 04:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

if it comes in that green or black cherry pearl, ill be happy. keep it under 11 toyota!!!!!
Old 04-05-2009, 05:05 AM
jct
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

keep it under 9K would be way better
Old 04-05-2009, 02:32 PM
Banned
SL Member

Dont get too attached to it. It is after all a 5 Axis concept. Much like the Miami xB2 and the xD, they would never come to be. The best we can hope for is a Kenstyle lip kit and the same drab colors that Scion currently offers.
Old 04-05-2009, 02:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I've seen the JDM colors and they are very drab. whites, silvers, red, black and pale greens. pretty Scion to me
Old 04-05-2009, 03:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member
Scinergy
Team ScioNRG
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by Macster
Eh, see that's just way to much for something that small, Toyota or not. Nobody will buy something that small
Your wrong. This current tC owner will have his car paid off by launch and I've got every intention of getting into one of these little guys. You may not like it, but I for 1, do.
Old 04-05-2009, 04:37 PM

I've been waiting a year for more info on this little guy. I cancelled my smart reservation too. However if this thing is more than 13,000 sticker, then I will go back to a smart orphan. I can get a fully loaded smart for $14, 000 out the door. I only need one seat in my car, and am leaning towards this one since it is a Toyota and has ready available parts. I have three smart dealers within an hour from my house. I can't wait to hear what they say next week.
Old 04-05-2009, 04:44 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC

SL Member

Even if this was up to 13 or 14k, I would still buy it. It's a toyota, it will last me 10+ years and never fail on me. I'll spend the little extra for that piece of mind.
Old 04-05-2009, 04:47 PM

I agree.
Old 04-05-2009, 05:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Wagonistas
SL Member

I'll take mine in green...Call it the iQ RS1 Edition...I've had the RS2 xB, currently own an RS1 xD, and would take that green one if they left it alone and made it a RS...Those rims are sick, remind me a little of something you would find on a Lexus or BMW...
Old 04-05-2009, 05:19 PM

Yup, lime green as is for me too.
Old 04-05-2009, 07:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Personally if this car happens to be $14k which I dont think will happen (since its suppose to be cheaper than a yaris). I would just go for a convertible orange smart fortwo.
Old 04-06-2009, 01:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ih8civx
Eh, see that's just way to much for something that small, Toyota or not. Nobody will buy something that small
Your wrong. This current tC owner will have his car paid off by launch and I've got every intention of getting into one of these little guys. You may not like it, but I for 1, do.
Um, I never said anything at all about not liking it. My only beef is the expected price. I love the car, the concept is hot, what you can do to the car is awesome but just like the Smart, you can't expect it to be a hot seller when it is nearly the price of a Corolla, Yaris, xB, etc. They need to be wise about how they price in. If they expect it to be an "intro" car in the Scion line, they need to price it as such.
Old 04-06-2009, 01:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

saw an artocle about the Power Enterprise SC kit for the JDM one. toodled the rollers to 63HP @ the wheels. killer
Old 04-06-2009, 06:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by JDMJim
saw an artocle about the Power Enterprise SC kit for the JDM one. toodled the rollers to 63HP @ the wheels. killer
i think were getting the 100hp version

but i mean even that is slow

this is just like the smart cars, now that gas has gone down and people realise how ___ they look driving such a small car the smart lots are filled with smart for 2's

if you live in toronto or NYC and its just you or you and your wife then this would be a good car to putt around in

if they price is near the yaris or XD then theres no contest to what people are going to buy

in this economy you might get a few fan boys rushing to buy them but most people who are not into modding cars will go with the yaris / XD /XB2

i wouldnt be surprise to see them selling the same way as smarts are to a very select market
Old 04-06-2009, 09:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

we'll see how it pans out
Old 04-06-2009, 09:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member
Scinergy
Team ScioNRG
Scion Evolution

Um, I never said anything at all about not liking it. My only beef is the expected price. I love the car, the concept is hot, what you can do to the car is awesome but just like the Smart, you can't expect it to be a hot seller when it is nearly the price of a Corolla, Yaris, xB, etc. They need to be wise about how they price in. If they expect it to be an "intro" car in the Scion line, they need to price it as such.
I assumed you didn't like it, you said its way too small and that no one will buy something that small. I think your terribly wrong, I think your going to see cars continue to get more and more economical in size and fuel consumption. I mean, we both have our own opinion, but I just think alot of people are going to buy into this new super-sub-compact style.

I do agree however that 14 would be a little over priced. I hope they don't expect to sell a more economical car at the same price of something twice the size and power though. I would think pricing would be more similar to a motorcycle then a Corolla, purely based on how much "less" you get with a car this much smaller.
Old 04-06-2009, 11:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I assumed you didn't like it, you said its way too small and that no one will buy something that small. I think your terribly wrong, I think your going to see cars continue to get more and more economical in size and fuel consumption. I mean, we both have our own opinion, but I just think alot of people are going to buy into this new super-sub-compact style.

I do agree however that 14 would be a little over priced. I hope they don't expect to sell a more economical car at the same price of something twice the size and power though. I would think pricing would be more similar to a motorcycle then a Corolla, purely based on how much "less" you get with a car this much smaller.
i might have to disagree with you on the basis of what has happened to Smart

as long as gas stays around this price, subcompacts wont be the hottest sellers

look at how many Smart Orphans there are now on the lots

also with the into of the Nissan Cube, i cant really see the IQ doing too great UNLESS gas goes up to 4 dollars again and people panic

everything i have been reading is stating that is going to start at 15K, and the IQ has been getting really bad reviews for some reason

i cant see it being a great value when there are so many better choices out there in that price range
Old 04-07-2009, 02:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

The iQ will do great,it is unlike anything offered in the US market,people are looking for new funky designs in cars.......and if it has the 1.5 motor it will do well,pretty good motor that lasts forever.

I love my HB Yaris but would trade it for an iQ just to have something small and fun to drive around that no one else has,I love the Japanese type cars we are finally gettign to see come to the US.......about time.

Quick Reply: Scion iQ Spy Shot