Notices

Scion to Launch Innovative SCRATCHER Ad Campaign

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2006, 08:31 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by XBdntusee
So Scion is coming out with some new cars? Like the one they show in there pamplet. I would like to see the Xb with 2.4L at least. My mom and brother both really like my Xb and I told them both to wait till the new line comes out. When do you think they will be releasing them?
There arn't going to be any more "xb" scion cars they will bring out a new crazy looking car like the "asdfg" or some thing
Old 08-06-2006, 01:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well see what happens I suppose. As long as they produce another cool vehical thats cool with me. I bet when the new line comes out there will be alot of people that like them. Probably a few that dont. I just wish they would fregin hurry up so my mom can get her new ride.
Old 08-08-2006, 02:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by BeQuietAndDrive
First off, that's all speculation. I highly doubt Toyota will launch something "exciting".

What's exciting about the new Camry? The V6 is a nice engine, but still a boring family sedan.

The new Yaris? It weighs 400 lb's more than the old one! Plus, it looks mostly like crap?

Wow, the FJ crusier..just what the world needs, ANOTHER SUV.

A RAV4 with 270 hp..ANOTHER SUV.

Where are the sports cars like the MR2 and Supra? Where are the small, lightweight, nimble cars (at least we get the xA and xB) like the Starlet Glanza, and Vitz? The only sports coupe we get is the tC, which is not too shabby.

Where are the 4AG's, the 3SGE's, the 2JZ engines enthusiasts used to love? Hell, even the 4EFTE was a sweet little motor.

As long as Toyota continues down the path they are on, I won't plan on buying a Toyota again anytime soon.
x2!
Old 08-10-2006, 07:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by TheMeb
I believe you have to pull over, get of your car, and scratch off the billboard with a Yaris-sized nickel.
Old 08-11-2006, 11:34 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by PeruzziScion
Originally Posted by flintgauge86
I wish Toyota would stop making stupid ad-campaigns and go back to making cars to be excited about...
I second that!
Scion in the next few months will be launching some of the most exciting cars we've seen in a while. Just wait for it. Youre not excited about the all new Tundra? That truck is amazing!
First off, that's all speculation. I highly doubt Toyota will launch something "exciting".

What's exciting about the new Camry? The V6 is a nice engine, but still a boring family sedan.

The new Yaris? It weighs 400 lb's more than the old one! Plus, it looks mostly like crap?

Where are the sports cars like the MR2 and Supra? Where are the small, lightweight, nimble cars (at least we get the xA and xB) like the Starlet Glanza, and Vitz? The only sports coupe we get is the tC, which is not too shabby.

Where are the 4AG's, the 3SGE's, the 2JZ engines enthusiasts used to love? Hell, even the 4EFTE was a sweet little motor.

As long as Toyota continues down the path they are on, I won't plan on buying a Toyota again anytime soon.
I'd love to see a new true to form sports car from Toyota but alas these cars are what makes money, not the Supras and MR2's of the world.
Old 08-12-2006, 06:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^Exactly, and that's why companies like Dodge will never compete, because they put their money into Hemi powered vehicles such as the SRT's that although are fast, the masses don't care one bit about. I mean look at Chevy, the Corvette is an awesome car imo but how many do you see compared to the old caviler? I'd love to see a true sports car from Toyota too but I'm honestly just happy to get a pretty decent car to START from. No they're not always exciting, although I would have to disagree on the views of some about the new camry and fj not being awesome vehicles, but what they do keeps my favorite car company and imo the best car company in the world on top.
Old 08-13-2006, 12:10 AM
5 Year Member

First off, that's all speculation.
No, it isn't. You might not know any industry insiders, but others do.

The cars are coming, whether you believe it or not.

Where are the sports cars like the MR2 and Supra?
Funny you should mention the Supra...hint hint.

Having said that, those cars don't make money. They're never big sellers.
Old 08-18-2006, 06:36 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS
Team ScioNRG
DelMarVa
Scion Evolution
Scion Tuners

Default commercials

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...mmercial&hl=en

i like these
Old 08-18-2006, 06:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

right, yeah, um, don't mean to inturrupt, but how bout that scratcher ad campaign? any info on how it really works? is there actually something to win, or is it a pure teaser campaign?
Old 08-19-2006, 07:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Default Re: commercials

awesome commercials, that 2nd one is great
Old 08-19-2006, 07:22 AM
5 Year Member

redo the mr2...
the 90's styling for the mr2 is still my favorite...

:/

so wait, they are putting more hp into the xB? would you recommend to hold off on buying a new xB right now then?
Old 08-19-2006, 01:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I was under the impression that the XB is going to go through some changes and may not be called an XB any more. To me though it is still an XB and they are going to put a TC engine in there. Could be wrong though.
Old 08-19-2006, 03:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by PeruzziScion
Originally Posted by flintgauge86
I wish Toyota would stop making stupid ad-campaigns and go back to making cars to be excited about...
I second that!
Scion in the next few months will be launching some of the most exciting cars we've seen in a while. Just wait for it. Youre not excited about the all new Tundra? That truck is amazing!

sports cars/suvs are selling like they used. with gas prices the way they are and everyone being a tree hugging hippie right now the manufactures are concerned about getting the most MPG and best emissions. Not about power/looks, although the NEW camry does look ALOT nicer then the past models. And the NEW Rav 4 does avg about 22-23mpg which in my eyes is pretty damn good for a SUV. Now I will admit there really wasnt a reason to bring back the FJ although it is nice looking.
Old 08-21-2006, 12:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Umm, check this out, scroll to the bottom http://www.thecarblog.com/asian_impo..._in_action.php
Let the drooling begin.
Old 08-21-2006, 04:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I think it's a mistake to use the G35 for the new skyline. I mean, why bother bringing it back at all if you're gonna take the easy way out?

And that sucks we can't get a better pic of the supra. From that shot, it kinda looks a bit like the NSX. (which is fine with me!)
Old 08-21-2006, 04:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Defined3
Scikotics
SL Member

well we will see... nissan brought back the z/g35 with GREAT success... they will soon be bringing back the Skyline... Mitsubish has a brand new EVO coming out... Dodge has serious powerhouse retros on the chart for 2009... if they make $$$, it is only a matter of time till toyota gets back to building supras...

my take... i think america needs to stop caring about gas prices like we did in the 90s b4 toyota brings us back some kick booty engines
Old 08-21-2006, 01:17 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by SkaTG2k3
well we will see... nissan brought back the z/g35 with GREAT success... they will soon be bringing back the Skyline... Mitsubish has a brand new EVO coming out... Dodge has serious powerhouse retros on the chart for 2009... if they make $$$, it is only a matter of time till toyota gets back to building supras...

my take... i think america needs to stop caring about gas prices like we did in the 90s b4 toyota brings us back some kick booty engines
Yeah Ok, we'll stop caring about gas prices when they stop going up faster than inflation.
Old 08-21-2006, 04:51 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS
Team ScioNRG
DelMarVa
Scion Evolution
Scion Tuners

I heard that the drivers couldn't keep the supra on the track till they added the bigger wing on the back of it... if thats true then she was smokin the track big time
Old 08-21-2006, 06:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ok this is WAAAAYYYYY off topic!!! Get it back on or its gonna be locked....and somone get more deatails about the scratch off ad dealy please.
Old 08-21-2006, 10:01 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS
Team ScioNRG
DelMarVa
Scion Evolution
Scion Tuners

Default on topic

If i get it right..(since the moderator doesn't like us just talking to each other about scions... go figure) the scratcher ad is not a game like lottery... it is a concept that DAAAAAAAAAAAAAA you can't find any two alike because (drum rool please) every owner is different so since its a build it the way you feel like it car you will never find 2 alike thats it. no prizes to money just conceptual genius