Notices

Scion May Break Promise, Add Fourth Model?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2007, 09:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I think they should just stick with the 3 they have and see how they so for a couple of years.
Old 05-28-2007, 10:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If they made a 4-door tC i'm pretty sure i'd shoot myself...

or just sell my tC and buy something (anything) that is a coupe without a 4-door option.
Old 05-28-2007, 10:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
TOCC
SL Member

good luck there aren't many, if any, coupes without a 4 door option out there other then the tc

that seat 4 people
Old 05-28-2007, 10:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Options I'd like to see:

1) 2 door roadster (yes, miataesque)

2) mid engine roadster (gen 4 remasculated Mr. 2 mini-Ferrari?)

3) hybrid

4) little truck like the old r/c original toyo trucks

5) tight little sport sedan. Not exactly a tC sport sedan, but similar dimensions/ride/feel.

I'd like to see rear drive and/or hybrid on any of these 4 options.
Old 05-28-2007, 11:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Midengine 2AZ powered roadster. Double wishbone front and rear suspension.

or

Mini truck... open deck xB2? Raised and 4RZ powered. It'd be pretty motivated little truck imo.

This is fun.
Old 05-29-2007, 01:02 AM

I'm really interested in seeing an alternate fuel Scion. A Hybrid that sells for under 20k would be a nice sight to see. Another neat option would be to see one that runs off bio fuel or E85.
Old 05-29-2007, 02:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
TOCC
SL Member

why not a desiel scion? maybe use a 4 banger desiel motor? then you can use the biodesiel in it sell that for under 25k, and it would be the first desiel toyota
Old 05-29-2007, 02:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by Tomas
Please don't ever expect to see the OpenDeck brought over here. That was based on the old bB (our original xB), and not only was the OD a short-run special edition, the entire production line for that series of vehicle has been dismantled and replaced by the xB2 production line.

The xB1 production line NO LONGER EXISTS at Toyota. Gone. Finis. Kaput. Terminado. Concluso. 終了される

Tom
Sure--rub it in Tomas!!
Old 05-29-2007, 03:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
tC squad
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

i think a min-suv would be a great add
Old 05-29-2007, 03:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by bronxblaza117
i think a min-suv would be a great add
Eh, if they want an SUV, why not just add AWD to the xB? There's your SUV right there.

I still think a small sedan, if styled just right, would be a solid seller and further the Scion line.
Old 05-29-2007, 01:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by jwaj2002
why not a desiel scion? maybe use a 4 banger desiel motor? then you can use the biodesiel in it sell that for under 25k, and it would be the first desiel toyota
You might notice that there is only one diesel car for sale in the US at the moment, a Mercedes. There's massive change going on with low sulfur diesel fuel at the moment, and the diesel cars will be returning sometime next year, possibly.

And I think what you mean is "first diesel toyota sold in the U.S."
Old 05-29-2007, 01:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

im just happy with my xb and if they do decide to make a 4th modle i think it would be cool if the made a bB open deck but 2 door. or just offer the open deck in america cause i would buy it i love them.
Old 05-29-2007, 03:49 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I would hope for a rear wheel sports car for the line up. Something with a turbo stock and a bit of power. Scion has room above the tC in the brand to work with.

Hybrids, SUV, Pickups, etc really don't fit in the Scion brand. It's meant for enthusiasts who want to personalize their cars, add HP, redo the suspension, do crazy mods. It's what the brand was designed for. I suppose if they made one really unique enough it might fit.
Old 05-29-2007, 04:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Im all for a pickup, like a chevy s10 size pickup, available in a hybrid and with the tC motor
Old 05-29-2007, 04:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Are people on this website actually asking for a Scion SUV? What's the world coming to???

I'd be all over a 4-cylinder RWD mini-truck. Scion showed a model version of the new xB with an open deck last year, but that's not what I mean. I'd like to see a real short bed, mini pick-up.

A low profile, bodykit, nice wheels... Something that looks like a baby X-Runner.

Sadly, by the looks of the '08 models, I don't expect anything exciting.

-THE DON
Old 05-29-2007, 04:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I actually like the mini truck idea and it is something I would consider purchasing.

The other option would be if Scion/Toyota came out with a rear wheel drive vehicle that would do really well especially if it was priced right.

A 4X4 or all wheel drive option would be nice too.
Old 05-29-2007, 05:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by scionofPCFL
You might notice that there is only one diesel car for sale in the US at the moment, a Mercedes. There's massive change going on with low sulfur diesel fuel at the moment, and the diesel cars will be returning sometime next year, possibly.
There's also the Jeep Liberty CRD. A bit pricey, but still.

I guess we need to focus on what they mean by filling out the line and putting scion over the top. Assuming they're still targeting the same audience as a few years ago, the current lineup would be like this:

xD - sensible 4 door / s/w type vehicle like the Mazda 3
xB - van/suv
tC - coupe / sporty car
4th? - probably a pickup.

I can't see them making a dedicated rally car. I can see the next iteration of the tC being a vehicle that comes in a rally package - I think Suzuki is planning that for next year for the SX-4 (rumored WRC package w/ factory turbo).

The tC's successor will probably be in that same vein.

I've yet to see Toyota just go nuts on one particular vehicle. After the first xB, all the other vehicles (and the xB's successor) have been conservatively styled (relative to the U.S. market) and there's been a lot of parts reuse to keep the cost low.

There's also brand identity. (I don't think) you can make a RWD sports car and keep it in line with the price points that they're offering the other cars currently. I'm sure the next Supra will be badged as a Lexus.

It's like VW and Audi. VW was the regular line, and then there was Audi, the high end luxury market. When VW released the Phaeton, it was a hard sell to convince people to spend that much money on... a VW. It didn't work out, so they stopped selling them after 2006. It probably would've done (a lot) better as an Audi.

As for the pickup, a smallish FWD P/U based on the tC's engine in the size of the older tacomas or the S10s would be a great addition.

EDIT: The more I think about it, the more this makes sense. It would make it easier to spin off the Scion as its own dealership in way Lexus is its own brand. Scion could compete with Kia/Hyundai, Toyota with everyone and their mother, and Lexus as it is, currently.
Old 05-29-2007, 05:39 PM
5 Year Member

They've already supersized the xB - why not go all the way and add a 6/7 seat version?

http://www.nissan.co.jp/CUBE/CUBIC/top.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_WISH
Old 05-29-2007, 05:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by mtxblau
Originally Posted by scionofPCFL
There's also the Jeep Liberty CRD. A bit pricey, but still.

I guess we need to focus on what they mean by filling out the line and putting scion over the top. Assuming they're still targeting the same audience as a few years ago, the current lineup would be like this:

xD - sensible 4 door / s/w type vehicle like the Mazda 3
xB - van/suv
tC - coupe / sporty car
4th? - probably a pickup.

I can't see them making a dedicated rally car. I can see the next iteration of the tC being a vehicle that comes in a rally package - I think Suzuki is planning that for next year for the SX-4 (rumored WRC package w/ factory turbo).

The tC's successor will probably be in that same vein.

I've yet to see Toyota just go nuts on one particular vehicle. After the first xB, all the other vehicles (and the xB's successor) have been conservatively styled (relative to the U.S. market) and there's been a lot of parts reuse to keep the cost low.

There's also brand identity. (I don't think) you can make a RWD sports car and keep it in line with the price points that they're offering the other cars currently. I'm sure the next Supra will be badged as a Lexus.

It's like VW and Audi. VW was the regular line, and then there was Audi, the high end luxury market. When VW released the Phaeton, it was a hard sell to convince people to spend that much money on... a VW. It didn't work out, so they stopped selling them after 2006. It probably would've done (a lot) better as an Audi.

As for the pickup, a smallish FWD P/U based on the tC's engine in the size of the older tacomas or the S10s would be a great addition.

EDIT: The more I think about it, the more this makes sense. It would make it easier to spin off the Scion as its own dealership in way Lexus is its own brand. Scion could compete with Kia/Hyundai, Toyota with everyone and their mother, and Lexus as it is, currently.

ok first off who cares what suzuki makes???? they make crap cars and the company will never amount to anything!!!!! second the phaeton didnt sell not bc it was a over priced vw!!!

com on now im a dealer and i tell you what toyota has some expensive cars!!!! a fully loaded 4 runner is like 45k then you have the sequoi and the land cruiser!!!!! they go for way over 50k!!!!

ok i no u didnt say scion , kia and hyundai in the same sentence !!! you should have your scion taken away for that statment!!!! scion is far better then kia or hyundai!!!!!! i dont even need to say anything else about that!!!!
Old 05-29-2007, 06:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by fullFXtc

ok i no u didnt say scion , kia and hyundai in the same sentence !!! you should have your scion taken away for that statment!!!! scion is far better then kia or hyundai!!!!!! i dont even need to say anything else about that!!!!
Actually the quality and reliability of the Kia/Hyundai products has greatly improved. I just had a rental a few weeks ago and I was actually very comfortable in the Kia Spectra. If you look at price point Kia/Hyundai are defiantly direct competitors and they are coming out with highly customized versions of their vehicles next year similar to how Acura has the S type line of vehicles. The 100k mile warrantee is a great plus for them.

I rather have my Toyota or Honda product, but in a few more years they will defiantly have a different image and their brand will be seen in a better light than it currently is.

Quick Reply: Scion May Break Promise, Add Fourth Model?