Notices

Scion May Break Promise, Add Fourth Model?

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2007, 09:29 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Anybody remember the VW "truck" of the late 70's early 80's? It was a rabbit with a bed. HOPRRENDOUS!
Old 05-30-2007, 11:08 PM
5 Year Member

ok guys what it really should be is a rebadged bugatti veyron with sport cloth seats and a single cd player but they should leave everything else and call it a Scion xA!!!
Old 05-30-2007, 11:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Now this here is a Scion truck

Old 05-31-2007, 02:16 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Got_Root
Anybody remember the VW "truck" of the late 70's early 80's? It was a rabbit with a bed. HOPRRENDOUS!
It's still made! http://www.volkswagen.co.za/models/pickup/

Old 05-31-2007, 04:39 AM

Default 4th car as a two seater with a v6!

Originally Posted by amdforever
I personally love the tC, but I feel it time they move on. The reason...too many are being sold now for just the general public as "cheap cars". The main thing about this would be the after market. Would it stop because they aren't making anymore or would the aftermarket for Scion stop completely because Scion would be changing lines every 4-5 yrs. If so, that could greatly hurt Scion in the long run, but a line can only last so long IMO. I like this write up here http://www.autoblog.com/2006/11/12/s...sales-in-2007/ Helps our resale value a little on retention. I'd say the new xB is van-ish enough, the xD is small enough, now they need something to replace the tC and I'm not digging another suv/van type vechicle. Maybe making something towards the line of the FUSE concept. Two seater coupe with v6 maybe...with a 6spd m/t 5spd a/t maybe? Starting around 18k, sounds like it could be a seller to me. The future awaits and Scion is full of surprises
I am not too big on the idea of replacing the tc, but I like the idea of the 4th being a two seat coup with a v6 for 18k! I would kill to get one of those!
Old 05-31-2007, 04:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah, but see scions are NOT ugly like V-Dumps (volkswagons) or V-Sucks (hondas)
Old 06-01-2007, 05:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I love and own a TC but with a family I do wish it was a 4 door. So I would like a 4 door model.
Old 06-02-2007, 04:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

they already have a scion truck...bring over the open deck!!!
Old 06-04-2007, 11:32 PM
Jon
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

I would like them to produce a 4-door sedan, RWD with an inline 6.

Hmmm...I just described an IS300.
Old 06-05-2007, 02:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Agree, scion should have made the xD a hybrid.

I like scion because it doesn't have a suv. I'm sick to death of suvs. Trucks with really bad mpg try'n to fill the roll of a wagon. Besides the xB fills the suv (wagon) roll better than any suv.

A 6 cylinder is not entry level. Hell the 2.4 fours are powerful and get bad mpg as is.

Trucks should be for only hauling large and or heavy items by 1 or 2 people. Trucks shouldn't fill in as entry level vehicles.

A jeep like vehicle sounds good. Except it should be scionish, not jeepish. More like a buggy. $17,000, two door, four seats, high clearance but low to the ground, water proof interior, removable & storable top, 4wd and the tC/xB's 2.4 four tweaked for more torque.
OR
A scion MR2 with a removable hard top and real, useable storage for about 18grand. Something quick and very tossable.
OR
A reallly fun to drive, tossable hatch truely like the original Mini. (not a mini bmw with 3000 lux options) Turn the xD into a hybrid.
Old 06-05-2007, 05:18 PM
5 Year Member

Default Re: Scion May Break Promise, Add Fourth Model?

This is something i have a fairly strong opinion about. they dont need to make more models. they need to make better use of the models they have. i would offer a hybrid version of the xD. i would offer an all wheel drive version of the xB. and most importantly, the tC needs to be rear wheel drive. if they made those changes, the company would double the market they apply to over night... but thats just my 2 cents .

Originally Posted by archangel
http://www.autoblog.com/2007/05/25/s...-fourth-model/

When Toyota's youth brand was born, there was an unwritten rule that it wouldn't grow beyond three models. Years later, Scion is an unqualified success having sold 170,000 units of the xA, xB and tC last year, which has Toyota execs wondering if just a few more units could be sold with a fourth model. The Car Connection got Scion's corporate manager Steve Haag to admit his brand does need to expand. Haag told TCC, "We have to offer more products, (though) we want to remain small."

Though a fourth vehicle, if produced, would still have to be an entry-level model to be called a Scion, Haag hinted that it would likely be something bigger and more expensive than what Scion currently offers. Haag also acknowledged that despite the green image of parent company Toyota, Scion models aren't fuel efficient enough to attract environmentally conscious car shoppers. As such, Scion could get its own hybrid as a fourth model.

The question is can Scion sell 200,000 units a year with its current three-model lineup, which includes the redesigned xB, all-new xD and tC, or will a fourth be needed to break through the ceiling? What type of model do you think Scion should sell next, or should it nix a fourth car and concentrate on improving the three it currently sells?
What do you think? Should it be a larger car or like someone posted on autoblog an aygo based car
Old 06-05-2007, 07:45 PM

Default 4th model

as a scion salesperson i feel like the 3 model lineup is perfect. it doesn't overwhelm buyers in the least bit and each model has unique features that seperate it from the rest of the family. introducing a hybrid model would be nice to get a demographic with more change in the pocket but scion is all about affordable and custom cars for buyers age 16-35. i dont know many 18 year-olds on a hybrid budget however im not completely anti-4th model. i do think that having an 08 xb, 08 tc and 08 xd is gonna do wonders for toyota/scion sales in the late summer months like august and september when it all lands at dealerships.