Toyota Tundra CrewMax Spotted!

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2006, 07:27 PM
Founder
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Default Toyota Tundra CrewMax Spotted!

Thats right people, I know that I was confused for a reason. When the Tundra was fiurst unveiled I was under the impression that it was the replacement for the Access Cab, or extended cab, variant. But as time passed it seemed that the 2007 Tundra that everyone has been exposed to was going to be the "big dog". We were wrong.

As you can see from this anonymous cell phone user's snapshot there is going to be a larger Tundra announced soon. The front and rear doors are about 48" in length. That makes for one huge cab! Dodge Mega Cab? Get outta here!

Old 11-29-2006, 07:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That big beast is going to be available with a slightly longer than 8' bed too!
Old 11-29-2006, 08:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sweet, I tundras.
Old 11-29-2006, 09:25 PM
Founder
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Here was a spy shot taken some time ago...

Old 11-29-2006, 10:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by Deuce Bigalow
That's a HUGE B***h!
Old 11-29-2006, 10:34 PM
5 Year Member

Default crewmax

Originally Posted by scionlife
Here was a spy shot taken some time ago...

Nice to see my Picture linked from my profile(tundrav8georgia) allthought the California member spotted it.

Since this site seems to have a good layout and seem's like good overall source of information ill provide some detail's on the Tundra and get my brothers to join since they both own 2006 scion tc's .

The names to call the Tundra are the following

Tundra B which is the regular cab
Tundra C which is the Double Cab (replacement for the access cab)
Tundra D Crewmax which is the Biggest Tundra with 4 door's (picture above)..

5.7 liter iforce v8
4.7 liter iforce v8
4.0 liter Vvti V6

5speed and 6 speed transmission with _ and + technology .......
Bluetooth navi..
advanced side airbags....

I've also been to the Chicago show and Im going to see the Crewmax at the Detroit auto show Jan 13th when Toyota debates that to the media Jan 8th the crew max...
If you have any questions about the crewmax or want me to take pictures of area's your intrested in seeing let me know.

tundrav8georgia@yahoo.com
Cheer's Erik
Tundrav8georgia
for More general information and my pictures please visit www.tundrasolutions.com and view 2007 Tundra
Old 11-29-2006, 10:51 PM
Founder
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Thanks Erik, the info is helpful.
Old 11-29-2006, 11:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey, looks like my photo chop...

Maybe toyota was paying attention to the reaction here at scionlife.
Old 11-30-2006, 12:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You could put a fat rear tire on that and hit up the tractor pulls!!!
Old 11-30-2006, 12:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

We're comin' for ya Ford!
Old 11-30-2006, 12:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Whoa, talk about Big Bertha! And the CrewMax tends to look sporty unlike the Ram Mega Cab where it looks all huge! I like the CrewMax! way to go Toyota!
Old 11-30-2006, 12:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm just wonderin if these Tundra will be available at the other side of this world.
Old 11-30-2006, 01:22 AM
5 Year Member

Default Why??

What is the purpose of such a huge truck? Probobly less than 20% of truck buyers actively use their trucks for their intended purpose. I consistently see teeny little woman driving big HEMI rams around town for the hell of it. I'm appaled by such waste and disregard for natural resources.

As far as the Tundra goes, yeah, it looks nice and promising, but is it necessary? This is totally out of character for Toyota, they would have never done this if Ford and GM didn't have their behemeths.
Old 11-30-2006, 01:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If they build it, people will buy it. It's simple business.
Old 11-30-2006, 01:31 AM
5 Year Member

Actually it's not that simple at all my friend. Truck buyers are very loyal to the domestic brands. Toyota was very unsuccesful at pentrating the truck base with the first gen Tundra. They rethought their game plan to redesign the second gen Tundra with more cab options, engines, wheel bases. Although their efforts are admirable, I doubt it's going to do much for sales.

Many, many truck buyers wouldn't ever consider buying an import brand. They feel it is unpatrotic to buy 'jap junk' as they say, plus, the Confederate flag doesn't look that good on Toyota. Could you imagine a baby boomer bubba climbing out of a Toyota?
Old 11-30-2006, 01:38 AM
5 Year Member

Default Re: Why??

Originally Posted by xbboxjdm
What is the purpose of such a huge truck? Probobly less than 20% of truck buyers actively use their trucks for their intended purpose. I consistently see teeny little woman driving big HEMI rams around town for the hell of it. I'm appaled by such waste and disregard for natural resources.

As far as the Tundra goes, yeah, it looks nice and promising, but is it necessary? This is totally out of character for Toyota, they would have never done this if Ford and GM didn't have their behemeths.
Yea I agree on behemeth but you know what I drive a tundra based on safety it's a far cry from a small Mini cooper see my First gen 2000 Tundra was totalled middle of the intersection t boned at 45 mph and for me driving around metro Atlanta the Tundra is a safer Pick and I wouldnt have any other way.The Truck market is indeed a different group of people.

To your questions is this 2007 Tundra crewmax needed My reply is "Yes" Toyota needed to fill the larger gap on the pickup market and having the right attitude and towing cap of 10,000 pds is how Toyota is going to achieve that. With Toyotas goal on selling 200,000 Tundra's on it first year it's going to happen esp with the New plant In Texas allready making the new gen Tundra. You will see the Crewmax at your Detroit show check it out for yourself ....
Old 11-30-2006, 01:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

While it is very cool that this vehicle will be taking even more sales from Ford, I just have to ask why this country is still convinced that bigger is better.

I passed a pre-Tacoma truck the other day on the interstate. We need small efficient vehicles with truck beds.

Sorry guys, just my two pennies.
Old 11-30-2006, 02:04 AM
5 Year Member

Default Waste

Bubble2Box,

I entirely agree with you. The only reason America still lives with the bigger is better adage is due to cheap gas prices. I'm personally in favor of increasing the gas tax such that the per/gallon cost is $4.00. Americans need to rid of their imperial attitudes and realize that we are all here to share one supply of hydrocarbons. While the US constitutes for only 5% of the worlds population, they consume 25% of the world’s collective resources. As a good contrast, the state of California consumes more carbons per day than the entire country of Japan. It comes as no surprises though, just look at the Japanese people and culture; they have efficiency and smaller is better written all over their society.
Old 11-30-2006, 02:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

OMG....this could get into a big discussion. Watch the movie "TUCKER" if you wanna see taking on the BIG THREE. I do not want to Thread Jack here......
Old 11-30-2006, 03:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Sushi
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by xbboxjdm
Actually it's not that simple at all my friend. Truck buyers are very loyal to the domestic brands. Toyota was very unsuccesful at pentrating the truck base with the first gen Tundra. They rethought their game plan to redesign the second gen Tundra with more cab options, engines, wheel bases. Although their efforts are admirable, I doubt it's going to do much for sales.

Many, many truck buyers wouldn't ever consider buying an import brand. They feel it is unpatrotic to buy 'jap junk' as they say, plus, the Confederate flag doesn't look that good on Toyota. Could you imagine a baby boomer bubba climbing out of a Toyota?
The Tacoma seems to be doing plenty fine with its respective market. I don't see why the Tundra can't do the same, since it is now apples to apples with the big three.

Quick Reply: Toyota Tundra CrewMax Spotted!