Notices

Toyota Tundra CrewMax Spotted!

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2006, 10:47 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i'd just like to throw out that GM is scared... flat out. anyone seen the new GMC canyon... it looks like a nissan titan...
Old 12-16-2006, 03:05 AM
5 Year Member

I spent today at the Portland Expo Center flogging 07 Tundras and their competition....well...if you want to call them that. Toyota has definitely pulled their hole card...and it's an ace. Everything about this truck is BIG...from the brakes to the door handles. The Limited models are far more upscale than that of the current model, especially the leather surfaces. The really paid attention to the details, and they have definitely done their homework. Everything about this truck screams TOYOTA, it's bold looking, yet sleek (the high belt line is pure sex). The tailgate has a shock damper hidden inside the left rear stake pocket so that it doesn't drop shut and it aids in closing it as well. It drives great, the 5.7 has some serious go (the 4.7 and the 4.0 V-6 move to mind you). I came away impressed...this is what I have come to expect from Toyota, and if I was a domestic engineer for a Big3 company, I'd be sweating bullets.

Mark
Old 12-16-2006, 09:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Sushi
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scion Evolution

The true question, now that everything is up to par (or better) on the new Tundra, will pricing be competitive?
Old 12-17-2006, 03:28 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by scionlife
...and now Toyota announces the truck...

December 5, 2006 – Torrance, CA - Toyota Motor Sales (TMS), U.S.A., Inc. will stage the world premiere of the all-new 2007 Tundra CrewMax full-size pickup at a press conference at the 2007 North American International Auto Show in Detroit. The four-door CrewMax will offer the most room, versatility and storage in the Tundra lineup.

Larger in every dimension than the model it replaces, the 2007 Tundra is available in 31 model configurations, with a choice between 4x2 and 4x4 drivetrains, and towing capacity of more than 10,000 lbs. This second-generation Tundra offers three cab styles, three wheelbases, three bed lengths, three engines, and three trim levels.

The next-generation Tundra was designed and engineered in the United States and will be assembled exclusively at the company's truck plants in Texas and Indiana.

The press conference will be held on Sunday, January 7 at 12:10 PM Eastern Time in the Riverview Ballroom in COBO Center and simulcast live to the Toyota display area at the show. A video clip of the press conference will be available for viewing following the event on the Toyota.com website.
I've knowen about this detail for a wile Now and I'll be there to take all photo's and aneswer any questions you guy's may have on the Crewmax . I'll be posting my main information from Cobo Jan 13th for Plublic days at Nais on ts your welcome to review that site or ask me any question for photo's or post my information on your own site (scionLife) if your reading Ts which i figured you might be . I know for sure I am bringing a Measuring tape to show the rear leg room since Most of the Guy's on ts have asked me to show that Im 6'2 so hopefully the legroom is pretty ample for most people I am also taking dital video clips on the crewmax which should be usefull if your wanting to see it up close and personal..

Cheers and have a great Holiday all
ERIK M
Old 12-17-2006, 09:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

its all about competition with other truck makers
Old 12-20-2006, 02:38 AM
5 Year Member

I got to drive the new tundra last week along with the ram, silverado and titan and omg it is great. Leeps and bounds above the competition
Old 12-20-2006, 02:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

OK...so, I'll have to park beside the size-insecure brother in-law's Titan for Christmas, with him thinking all is well with Nissan? Unless....they bring the wife's Bonneville....such fine machines in that garage...LOL
Old 12-20-2006, 03:11 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by AnimalCracker885
I got to drive the new tundra last week along with the ram, silverado and titan and omg it is great. Leeps and bounds above the competition
really how is that possible there not even out till feb 07 right Now Toyota is giving Media and a few others that chance to test them for review..
Old 12-20-2006, 03:23 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by yamahatundrav8
really how is that possible there not even out till feb 07 right Now Toyota is giving Media and a few others that chance to test them for review..
They have sent dealer owners and 'Truck Champions' out to Texas to visit the new plant and drive, and I was on the ride and drive last Friday here in Portland, Or. They always have prelaunch training days for sales staff and dealer operations managers so that they know what they're selling, and how it stacks up against the competition. We were not allowed to use our cell phones (cameras) while in the presence of the CrewMax...they're playing their cards pretty tight. Still no numbers on HP, TQ, MPG, and towing rating on the 5.7l V-8...can't let the competition know what's really happening. These trucks are sweet...hands down a class leader. All the domestic 1/2 Ton truck owners need to do is drive it once and they will understand what a inferior product they drive.
Old 12-20-2006, 01:07 PM
5 Year Member

I work for a Toyota Dealership so I got to goto a ride and drive
Old 12-20-2006, 02:04 PM
5 Year Member

I doubt it any of you got to drive the Crewmax Toyota Tundra D cab Toy has been very very quiet about it's Jan 7 Introduction at Detroit Im sure you have seen it But No official test drives . This picture below was taken from somebody not turning in there cell phone camera at a Toyota showing.Toyota will be informing us all information on the 5.7 liter iforce v8 @ detroit..

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k1...g?t=1166626980
Old 12-20-2006, 02:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

so...when should we expect to see the first Diesel? i looove Diesel trucks.. and here the plan to make a Nissan Titan Diesel.. a small truck like that.. with that option would be crazy..
Old 12-20-2006, 02:18 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by PakanaHerruus
so...when should we expect to see the first Diesel? i looove Diesel trucks.. and here the plan to make a Nissan Titan Diesel.. a small truck like that.. with that option would be crazy..

Toyota makes a Diesel with Hino in other countries and there has been some Talk Toyota will partner with isuze on the Diesal on the Tundra planned for 2008 /2009 but for right Now that is all consirdered Talk and future plans if they decide to go in that direction. I do Know Toyota is working on a Hybrid Engine on the New Tundra about the time im ready to trade my Tundra on one I've never liked Diesal but Hybrid engines are the way to go once they worked pasted the problems with them on full sized trucks...
Old 12-20-2006, 02:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well i mean i just love the output a diesel can do.. like some of the motors produce around 800 tq.. and dont burn gas like these new one.. a friend of mine has the chevy silverado durmax, gets 23 mpg.. and truck is pretty good off the line
Old 12-21-2006, 12:56 AM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member
N.G.S.O.

I doubt it any of you got to drive the Crewmax Toyota Tundra D cab Toy has been very very quiet about it's Jan 7 Introduction at Detroit Im sure you have seen it But No official test drives . This picture below was taken from somebody not turning in there cell phone camera at a Toyota showing.Toyota will be informing us all information on the 5.7 liter iforce v8 @ detroit..

I got to drive 2 Crew Max's with the 5.7L at the Indiana production facility in September. One was a red one with a disguise and one was a grey undisguised one. I also drove a D cab, a D Cab long bed 5.7L, and Standard Cab V6 short bed.

And we shouldn't be concerned with diesels. How many diesel F150s did Ford sell last year? How many diesel Sierra 1500s were sold? How many RAM 1500 diesels were sold? 0.

The new Tundra is going after the 1,875,000 Full Size Light Duty NON DIESEL pickups sold in this country last year. When we make a diesel, it will be our super duty truck - but let's walk before we crawl. First thing's first.
Old 12-21-2006, 01:02 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by JUMBO

I got to drive 2 Crew Max's with the 5.7L at the Indiana production facility in September. One was a red one with a disguise and one was a grey undisguised one. I also drove a D cab, a D Cab long bed 5.7L, and Standard Cab V6 short bed.

And we shouldn't be concerned with diesels. How many diesel F150s did Ford sell last year? How many diesel Sierra 1500s were sold? How many RAM 1500 diesels were sold? 0.

The new Tundra is going after the 1,875,000 Full Size Light Duty NON DIESEL pickups sold in this country last year. When we make a diesel, it will be our super duty truck - but let's walk before we crawl. First thing's first.

Crewmax D cab doesnt have a Long bed option yet My source at Toyota has mentioned that. Crewmax is on a short bed 5.5 foot bed size..I think you drove a double cab Long bed .
Old 12-21-2006, 07:16 AM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member
N.G.S.O.

The Crew Max and the D-Cab are two completely different body styles. The terms D Cab and Crew Max are not interchangable, as you have them. There is no such thing as a 'Crew Max D Cab' as you have said. Those are two different things.

If you look at my post, I distinguish between the fact that I drove two different Crew Max trucks, and two completely different D Cab trucks.

The 2007 Double Cab (D Cab) is not the Crew Max. The Crew Max is not the D Cab. Our new truck has three different body styles: Regular Cab, Double Cab, & Crew Max. The details of the Crew Max measurements will be out on the first day of NAIAS. But they already exist. And I have driven most of the body styles already.

Sorry.
Old 12-21-2006, 08:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Sci-Tech
SL Member

Good gawd thats big. From the side the front of the truck reminds me of a honda ridgeline. Ewww...
Old 12-21-2006, 10:13 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by JUMBO
The Crew Max and the D-Cab are two completely different body styles. The terms D Cab and Crew Max are not interchangable, as you have them. There is no such thing as a 'Crew Max D Cab' as you have said. Those are two different things.

If you look at my post, I distinguish between the fact that I drove two different Crew Max trucks, and two completely different D Cab trucks.

The 2007 Double Cab (D Cab) is not the Crew Max. The Crew Max is not the D Cab. Our new truck has three different body styles: Regular Cab, Double Cab, & Crew Max. The details of the Crew Max measurements will be out on the first day of NAIAS. But they already exist. And I have driven most of the body styles already.

Sorry.

My sorce has informed me these are the code name and I beleive him over sales people anyday who are often misinformed about a lot of thing's. Crewmax(d) doesnt have a Long bed option like you suggested Toyota will have 3 bed sizes On (B) reg and C Cab's(double cab)..

Tundra (B) is the 07 tundra reg cab

TUndra (C) is the 2007 tundra showen at Chicago I saw

Tundra (d) is the Crewmax that is going to be at Detroit I'm seeing..

I also have a Toyota suppplier site proving this information Im stating is correct look for yourselve these are codenames Not bed size

http://www.donlen.com/buildstart_toyota.asp
Old 12-21-2006, 04:19 PM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member
N.G.S.O.

Where in my post does it say that I EVER drove a Crew Max Long Bed? I know that there isn't one of those, and never will be.

It seems that you are arguing about something that I am not. Please re-read my posts carefully and understand that I am speaking like someone in the know.

I'm not just a salesperson, I'm the Truck Champion at our store, which means that I know more than you do about this truck, by design. I spent three days at the factory in Indiana, and have been inside and out of the truck. You are working off of a 'source' and 'speculation'. I am working off of fact and my own experiences. I have already seen and driven the new Crew Max with the 5.7L V8.

So, to reiterate: I never said that there will be a Crew Max long bed. There won't. I said that I have driven most models of the new Tundra, including the D-Cab, the D-Cab Long Bed, and the Crew Max. I have.

I appreciate the fact that you have a 'source' in Toyota, but when it comes to this new truck, the Truck Champions have more info because Toyota wants us to. You'll like the Crew Max at Detroit, I'm sure of it. I liked it in September when I took it through the slalom, the drag strip, and the skid pad.

Quick Reply: Toyota Tundra CrewMax Spotted!