5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Toyota's N. American growth expected to exceed forecast

bow:
Bon
Allscion -- an e-commerce website with news and accessories for your Scions
http://www.allscion.com/store

http://www.iht.com/articles/2007/05/...ness/bxatm.php

TOKYO: Toyota, wary of trumpeting its success while U.S. automakers shut plants and cut jobs, is playing down its sales outlook in North America, analysts and investors said.

The company's sales in the region will grow as much as five times faster than what the carmaker is predicting for the year ending next March 31, according to analysts' estimates. North America accounts for about 60 percent of Toyota's operating profit.

"Toyota has spent decades winning the hearts and minds of U.S. consumers," said Yasuhiro Matsumoto, a senior analyst at Shinsei Securities in Tokyo. "They don't want to gloat when the U.S. Big Three are having so much trouble."

Toyota's prediction - that its North American sales growth will plummet to 1.6 percent this business year from 15 percent last year - comes as the company is poised to surpass General Motors in annual worldwide sales.

The maker of Camry sedans and Prius hybrid cars has said it is concerned about criticism as it takes away sales from GM, Ford Motor and DaimlerChrysler's Chrysler unit.
Old 05-30-2007, 05:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

CNBC--the business channel--will be running a special report by David Faber next week on Toyota. The report will tell how and why Toyota is beating the pants off of the American car makers. I believe the first airing will be on June 6th. The snipit they show has a Toyota spokesman saying basically that they are in closer touch with the American market than are the American car makers.
Old 05-30-2007, 06:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

i will be in front of the tv on the 6th
Old 06-01-2007, 03:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Dynasty
SL Member

yes iw illbe watching that... i hope. if not can someone record it and stick it up on youtube????? i work from 4:30-1 am on that day... =(

but i relly respect the japanese in this. they don't gloat, they are very respectful of competition! i wish americans were that way. however toyota in the US are respectful of it's origins and are following the example of the Japanese.....

THis is why i love Toyota so much, lots of respect, best cars, and always looking out for others and willing to collaborate with the world. Go toyota!
Old 06-02-2007, 11:49 AM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by OldYeller
CNBC--the business channel--will be running a special report by David Faber next week on Toyota. The report will tell how and why Toyota is beating the pants off of the American car makers. I believe the first airing will be on June 6th. The snipit they show has a Toyota spokesman saying basically that they are in closer touch with the American market than are the American car makers.
I have 3 little words for you ... United Auto Workers. Thats what is killing the domestic auto sales.