Notices
Scion tC 1G Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

A** hole smashed in to my car

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 02:25 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default A** hole smashed in to my car

driveing to the gym and this guy smashes in to the front end of my car. i had just changed the steering wheel so no air bags went off. i also didnt have my seat belt i smashed in to the steering wheel and its bent really bad chipped a tooth hands hit the dash my hand is busted open also knee. i dont know what to say im in shock this happened less then an hour ago. i dont have a drivers lience and the car is under my moms name and she has full coverage. can some one help me an tell me if the insurance will still pay. im sorry about not writeing this right but im in so much stomach pain its crazy.
Old 04-06-2011, 02:37 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

Trader
SL Member

If i was your insurance company i wouldnt give you anything seeing as you dont even have a license.

Chances are they will find out you were driving the car due to the extent of damage your describing and the fact that your mother will be in perfect physical condition. If they do figure it out im sure they will deny all claims seeing as you dont have a drivers license which means your are prob not insured on that vehicle either.

Even if you were insured on the vehicle they can still deny all medical claims due to the fact you installed parts which removed OEM airbags.
Old 04-06-2011, 02:39 AM
5 Year Member

Default Sorry..hope you are all right!

Laws vary from state to state, the fact you dont have a license will make things complicated....I do hope you feel better. It will be worse for your mom because her insurance will drop her. She can claim she did not know you had the car and that you do not use it. Unfortunately, insurance companies are out to protect themselves (regardless of which one) so it is just a waiting game at this point. MAIN THING IS that you are not dead.We ALL make mistakes and learn from them........just glad you're alive!
Old 04-06-2011, 02:42 AM
SL Member

F*ck, dude, hope you're going to be alright. From what you've said so far, it sounds bad.
Though it is deemed "full coverage," the actual coverage will vary depending on the exact terms. Basically, nobody on here will be able to tell you whether or not you're covered because we don't have access to your mom's insurance policy.
At the minimum, I see her premiums/insurance rate skyrocketing.
Get a license.
Once again, hope you'll be alright.

http://www.carinsurance.com/kb/content39625.aspx
Old 04-06-2011, 02:45 AM
Hix
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

What yellow said. Medical will be denied and so will car. Also since the damage to you was done in an accident your health insurance will not cover the medical, and if you try to do it and they find out they will sue you and charge you with insurance fraud (jail time plus fines)

One more thing, I wouldn't even tell the insurance because if they find you were driving without a license they can have you arrested because you were in an accident. This again can lead to jail time plus large fines plus you can be made uninsurable for 7 years (Texas dunno about your state) and you will not be able to get a license for 3-5 years (not like it matters since you cannot get insurance)
Old 04-06-2011, 02:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

You don't have a license you should not have been driving. That is the honest truth. Even if the other guy is 100% liable his insurance wont pay up because you should not have been driving to begin with. There is also the chance to make matters worse that your moms insurance wont medical/vehicle expenses either because you where not registered under her insurance and no license.

Hate to be a jerk, but it best you know what to expect if that ends up being the case. It's just one of those situations that not good to be in. Hope you feel better.
Old 04-06-2011, 02:52 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

ill have the car tomorrow and will be putting the steering wheel on before they come to look at the car. i just dont know what to do i just want the car fixed all the pain im going threw and thats all im thinking of.
Old 04-06-2011, 02:58 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

Trader
SL Member

If the car is as bad as you describe they will know that the airbag shouldve deployed. Theyre not stupid, they deal with this stuff thousands of times a year. But GL trying to scam an insurance company.

Your wasting your time. You dont have a license or insurance, so why would people who youve never given money to, give you money in return?
Old 04-06-2011, 03:08 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i dont care about my self and or medical all i want is my moms car fixed.
Old 04-06-2011, 03:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

So what happened to the other driver? If I was him I would have called the cops. just saying cause if I was at fault it would get me off the hook and my car fixed to boot. If he let you go, consider yourself lucky it wasn't me.

I'm not going to aid you in fraudulence toward your insurance company my advice, take care of yourself. Walk away from the car and find a way to settle it with your mom.

Like Yellow said, if you keep going trying to pass this off the next advice you'll be getting will be coming from a lawyer.
Old 04-06-2011, 03:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Name:  Face_Palm.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  11.2 KB
Old 04-06-2011, 03:19 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

sorry guys im just talking stupid im just scared and worried and in tons of pain
Old 04-06-2011, 03:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I would have kept the steering wheel with airbags...

or rode my bicycle to the gym, or ran, that would have been a good cardio workout

Gl with the insurance company.
Old 04-06-2011, 03:40 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

yea... ugh
Old 04-06-2011, 03:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Or put a seatbelt on. Seriously, you aren't cool for not taking 2 seconds to buckle up and keep yourself from flying out the window to be some highway decoration.
Old 04-06-2011, 03:43 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by midnight_scion
driveing to the gym and this guy smashes in to the front end of my car. i had just changed the steering wheel so no air bags went off. i also didnt have my seat belt i smashed in to the steering wheel and its bent really bad chipped a tooth hands hit the dash my hand is busted open also knee. i dont know what to say im in shock this happened less then an hour ago. i dont have a drivers lience and the car is under my moms name and she has full coverage. can some one help me an tell me if the insurance will still pay. im sorry about not writeing this right but im in so much stomach pain its crazy.
I'm calling shenanigans on this one... Who the (expletive) gets into an injury wreck and then logs onto Scionlife for insurance advice while that mashed up?!? Get off the Internet and go get checked out, take responsibility for your actions!!! You and people like you are the reason the rest of the responsible people on here pay higher premiums. The other guy isn't an @$$hole, it was an accident. You're the @$$hole driving with no license... Ugggg!
Old 04-06-2011, 03:49 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

yea i know.... i am taking responsiblity ok i ready to take w.e ok so no need for you to run your mouth. all i want is my moms car fixed period im not worried bout anything else i wont be going to sleep tonight ok im going to the docs first thing in the moring not now because i cant oford it.
Old 04-06-2011, 04:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Don't bother scamming the insurance company. I have friends in the biz, its not like they don't deal with this stuff everyday. My advice is to man up to the situation. Easier said than done, I know. I say you really got lucky with the other guy. I'd have screwed you over, no offense, its just the facts of life. Why does he pay a ____ ton for insurance, then hit an uninsured, unlicensed driver and it becomes his fault and his rates go up? Just man up and call out your mistake. There's a lot more respect there. Also, dont put aftermarket steering wheels on a tc... Only race/drift/cars w/harnesses deserve that.
Old 04-06-2011, 04:31 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

ok i wont be doing anything i was just panicing when i said that stuff im sorry guys ok. i have a bit more of a clear mind and know it was stupid to say that. like i said im just scared only for my moms car thats it thats all im worried about the rest i can handle and will handle.
Old 04-06-2011, 04:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Dumb for swapping out Steering wheel and not wearing a seatbelt and not having a DL and ur 20?!?!. thats like walking into rival gang territory alone, youre gonna get hurt..

Quick Reply: A** hole smashed in to my car