Notices
Scion tC 1G Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

*Yanki01's HID Retro Fotoshoot! 56k....?*

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 02:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Premium Member

Originally Posted by 808tC
hey yanki, for your e46 shrouds, does the chrome also reflect light?
as in seeing through them when holding them in the light, NO. I have the replicas and actually preferr these since ive had about 3 pairs of the OEM E46 shrouds and the chrome is so delicate to the touch it rubbs off and light can pass through if the projector is not fully covered with something. their made with non-clear hard plastic as the OEM ones are clear plastic. they were actually half the price of the OEM ones and love these. these actually feel better and are made a bit more sturdier than the others. i bought mine here from The Retrofit Source, great guy to buy from...

http://store.theretrofitsource.com/p...5a1fed63af3bad
Old 10-16-2008, 02:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Yanki01
Originally Posted by 808tC
hey yanki, for your e46 shrouds, does the chrome also reflect light?
as in seeing through them when holding them in the light, NO. I have the replicas and actually preferr these since ive had about 3 pairs of the OEM E46 shrouds and the chrome is so delicate to the touch it rubbs off and light can pass through if the projector is not fully covered with something. their made with non-clear hard plastic as the OEM ones are clear plastic. they were actually half the price of the OEM ones and love these. these actually feel better and are made a bit more sturdier than the others. i bought mine here from The Retrofit Source, great guy to buy from...

http://store.theretrofitsource.com/p...5a1fed63af3bad
so did you clip the shrouds on or did you have to custom mount it?
Old 10-16-2008, 02:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Premium Member

i think Lightwerkz used some silicone to attach them to the projector? Not sure on what he did?
Old 10-16-2008, 02:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i think Lightwerkz used some silicone to attach them to the projector? Not sure on what he did?
ok thats what i thought...he prolly used epoxy cuz thats wut I used
Old 10-16-2008, 03:16 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by tcality
why, there is a big gap in the top corners. infiniti projector housing fitment doesn't seem so perfect with our stock headlight housing. sorry, not feelin that dude.
thats the shroud that doesnt fit "perfect" but its the best non-custom shroud out for the tC to fill the gaps. If you want ZERO gaps you will not be able to adjust the cutoff using the stock adjustments in the back of the headlight for the beam to become level which is different in each vehicle. the gaps are minimal compared to some people not even having a shroud to expose the whole projector, nuts, bolts, screws, jbweld, ect. btw, it has nothing to do with the infiniti fx projector and obviously the projector fits inside our housing. to each their own, but hands down this is the best lighting mod one can do!
since you have those gaps there why not go further and actuate the projector assemblies to automatically angle itself left or right when you make left & right turns like the lexus ls model hd lights. i can understand having gaps for that purpose but the gaps just don't look clean that way when the projector is dead set fixed. my .02 cent.
Old 10-16-2008, 03:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i really want to get this done!
Old 10-16-2008, 03:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Trader
SL Member

why, there is a big gap in the top corners. infiniti projector housing fitment doesn't seem so perfect with our stock headlight housing. sorry, not feelin that dude.
thats the shroud that doesnt fit "perfect" but its the best non-custom shroud out for the tC to fill the gaps. If you want ZERO gaps you will not be able to adjust the cutoff using the stock adjustments in the back of the headlight for the beam to become level which is different in each vehicle. the gaps are minimal compared to some people not even having a shroud to expose the whole projector, nuts, bolts, screws, jbweld, ect. btw, it has nothing to do with the infiniti fx projector and obviously the projector fits inside our housing. to each their own, but hands down this is the best lighting mod one can do!
since you have those gaps there why not go further and actuate the projector assemblies to automatically angle itself left or right when you make left & right turns like the lexus ls model hd lights. i can understand having gaps for that purpose but the gaps just don't look clean that way when the projector is dead set fixed. my .02 cent.
there is no way around it, and what your refering to is called AFS, and its not just a motor, its a whole computer on its own that measures speed, angles, motion, etc etc close to being impossible to implement on a tc retrofit.

as for gaps, you must be the most **** person ever, lol, doesnt get any better then that without custom shrouds and very limited adjustment
Old 10-16-2008, 03:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Premium Member

i have no clue how much those would cost and have yet to see anything like that in the HIDPlanet.com forums. it would probally be too much work since the shroud i preferr (which is what i used) there's no space to move a couple MM's to get them to turn. i dont think its a simple fix either, i think those go along into your ECU on when to turn when you turn your steering wheel and is probally a small computer. we seriously have no room in the back of the housing for anything which is actually why i opted not to go with angel eyes. IMO, i see PLENTY of light on the sides to where i dont need them to turn, although if it came with it i wouldnt complain. these FX projectors did come with an auto leveling motor but too much work to make it work proper and i can adjust them manually behind the housing which of course wasnt hard. i understand what your saying about the "gaps" but seriously, the only way to find a shroud to fit out housing is impossible unless you make your own which i didnt want. our housings are not made to have custom shrouds put in so of course they dont make any to fit perfect, these are near that. Its not noticeable when focusing on the projectors and shrouds. Even if you try to look around the gaps, you cant see anything beyond them because the projector/nuts and bolts are covered by the shroud. you can only see the back of the stock reflector.
Old 10-16-2008, 03:34 AM
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

SPEECHLESS!!!
Old 10-16-2008, 03:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Premium Member

Originally Posted by tsecctx
SPEECHLESS!!!
ha ha, where've you been man! I told you, you need to come by and check em out soon. Let me know, give me a call or something?
Old 10-16-2008, 03:41 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by chicotunner07
there is no way around it, and what your refering to is called AFS, and its not just a motor, its a whole computer on its own that measures speed, angles, motion, etc etc close to being impossible to implement on a tc retrofit.

as for gaps, you must be the most **** person ever, lol, doesnt get any better then that without custom shrouds and very limited adjustment
im sure there are ways to interface that system. also it does not have to be as complex as lexus. you probably can tee into the pwr steering pressure switch for those inputs to determine angles.

and dude you don't know me to even start callin me ****. way to make yourself lookin like a dick on someone's opinions, LOL. don't waste my time fool. I wasn't even talking to you.
Old 10-16-2008, 03:45 AM
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

I WILL OR IF NOT, I'LL TAKE THEM FROM YOU LOL
Old 10-16-2008, 03:48 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yanki - props on the project and on trying to make the best of it. at least you got the cutoffs aligned right.
Old 10-16-2008, 03:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Premium Member

Originally Posted by tsecctx
I WILL OR IF NOT, I'LL TAKE THEM FROM YOU LOL
lol, if their missing ill know who to look for. you stick out like a sore thumb!
Old 10-16-2008, 03:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Premium Member

Yanki - props on the project and on trying to make the best of it. at least you got the cutoffs aligned right.
thats the one thing im glad of and my biggest fear is that i would get them back and the cutoffs would be wack!
Old 10-16-2008, 03:56 AM
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

that's the cleanest retro fit i've seen!!!
Old 10-25-2008, 05:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Premium Member

one month later and still rockin!
Old 10-25-2008, 03:27 PM
Banned
SL Member

dang that looks dope..only if I had the money...
Old 10-25-2008, 03:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^Word man.

Clean setup tho!
Old 10-25-2008, 03:39 PM
Banned
SL Member

yo do you have any pictures of the retrofit for the o8 heads on a tC?

Quick Reply: *Yanki01's HID Retro Fotoshoot! 56k....?*