Notices
Scion tC 1G Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

07 Scion TC HID's (Yes I Have Searched)

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2006, 06:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default 07 Scion TC HID's (Yes I Have Searched)

Ok before I get ripped apart for not searching, I did search all last night and this morning! But I am still very confused. There are so many options to go with that I dont know where to start! I will try and describe what I want to do and maybe some of you can point me in the right direction and help me find the right product to purchase!

1.) I love the factory headlights and want to keep my ride clean and semi-stock.
2.) I want HID's to get that LUXURY car headlight look.

So my question is...is there any plug and play light housing I can buy with HID's already installed, a change of bulbs for the stock housing? Or do i have to buy a new housing like angel eyes/demon eyes and put HID's in those?
Old 12-01-2006, 06:06 PM
5 Year Member

you can use the stock housings and buy some hids from sources like oznium.com. those are pretty much a plug and play bulb. i have some in my 06 tc that i bought from them.
Old 12-01-2006, 06:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the correct hid luxury look you speak about is usually with a housing that has projectors. alot of people complain that slapping on a hid plug and play kit on the stock housing cause alot of glare. but many people do it anyway. They have alot of group buys for hids kits on the sponsored sale sections going for 175- 200$ a kit.

good luck
Old 12-01-2006, 06:14 PM
5 Year Member

yeah you can either get a plug and play kit or retrofit. i think there was a thread where someone is retrofitting tsx hid's. those look the best IMO.
Old 12-01-2006, 06:18 PM
Lev
5 Year Member
SL Member

hey im just wondering do u guys think that the bmw 5-series headlights might fit on our cars?
Old 12-01-2006, 06:19 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Look in the classified section... and then in the sponser sales forum... there are at least 3-4 sales going on for HID kits that are "plug-n-play"... i just picked up a 8000K hid kit from xenon for $175 shipped... should be here next week, and i'll post a review of them once i get them installed.

The go into u'r stock head light assembly. Shouldn't take you more then 15 minutes to put them in and working... maybe a little longer if you want to mount them behind the front bumper.
Old 12-01-2006, 07:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

OK..can anyone point me in the right direction. This is what i want to do!

1.) Angel/Demon Eyes with a black internal housing (not chrome)
2.) HID Conversion Kit for the Angel/Demon Eyes

Can anyone help?
Old 12-01-2006, 09:01 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by newt0n
OK..can anyone point me in the right direction. This is what i want to do!

1.) Angel/Demon Eyes with a black internal housing (not chrome)
2.) HID Conversion Kit for the Angel/Demon Eyes

Can anyone help?
1.) See the DIY/Tech section. This is very easy and inexpensive to do
2.) Oznium.com your bulb will be a 9006 bulb, Oznium is a great company to do business with, I have the 6000k HIDs and they are incredible. Not much glare that I've noticed. You can increase the cutoff with a set of Eyelids (bat sells them on here).
Old 12-01-2006, 10:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

All of you have been very helpful but as I am not a mechanical person I dont want to attempt taking apart my car and heating my headlights in the oven. Nor do I want to spend the money to figure out if I in fact can do this. So my next option is to buy them pre maid. Does anyone know anybody that might pre-make me some of these?
Old 12-01-2006, 10:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^ those are junk ebay'ers, cost ya less than $200. but they suck. if you want a set of real ones made, your lookin at $800+ and its totaly custom.. and prolly w/ no warranty
Old 12-02-2006, 02:20 AM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by magyver
^ those are junk ebay'ers, cost ya less than $200. but they suck. if you want a set of real ones made, your lookin at $800+ and its totaly custom.. and prolly w/ no warranty
I couldn't agree more with macgyver about those headlights posted above...they are JUNK! I read that a lot of people have been ordering those and have had nothing but problems with them (LEDs burning out, halos not working, horrible cutoff, doesn't properly fit...etc). You can go to www.hidretro.com and get them custom made with S 2000, BMW, or Acura projectors, but expect to drop anywhere from $1100-$1500 for them. Or you can wait for Umnitza to release their final product within the next month/month and a half.

Umnitza threads:

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...678&highlight=

AND

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...931&highlight=

Teaser Picture of Umnitzas work!

Old 12-02-2006, 03:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

Yeah make sure you go retro, or wait (forever) of the others to come out. I will never understand why people without the projectors use HID's in their factory setup. Number one they are illegal, and will blind oncoming traffic. They are useless without the proper installation. Yeah you can see the road better but at what expense of the other drivers.. I am sure ill get flamed for this myself, and have a bunch of adolescent remarks, but getting HID's without putting them where they belong is wrong..
Old 12-02-2006, 04:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by SCION_X
Yeah make sure you go retro, or wait (forever) of the others to come out. I will never understand why people without the projectors use HID's in their factory setup. Number one they are illegal, and will blind oncoming traffic. They are useless without the proper installation. Yeah you can see the road better but at what expense of the other drivers.. I am sure ill get flamed for this myself, and have a bunch of adolescent remarks, but getting HID's without putting them where they belong is wrong..
i used to think that way myself, and in my old car did a valeo retro, but i dumped over 7 bills into it and didnt even get 3/4 of it back when i sold them.. so yeah, and i was forever against HID's in factory housing till i got them as a wedding present.. i realy do like the output, and the glare TBO isnt that bad. i get it alot worse from factory equiped vehicles than from mine... so, it can depend on the setup/aiming. but you say one of your reasons not to do it is cause its illegal, well, its just as illegal if there are in projectors! you cant have HID's period unless they come stock. no ands, ifs, or butts in all 50 states. so that part of your argument dosent count.. all other comments are dualy noted..
Old 12-02-2006, 05:15 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

As someone that did have HID's in a halogen bulb housing on my previous car... in the 2+ years that i had the kit... not once did i ever get the high-beam flash from on coming traffic.. I traveled in convoys maybe 2-3 dozen times with friends or when i just went out with friends, not once did anyone ever say, "damn those lights where right in my mirrors" or "damn, i can't drive in front of you". I even asked people to see if it bothered them, and 90% of the time they would say "what are you talking about?"

is there glare... yes... is it as bad as people make it out to be... usually not... I have an HID kit coming in next week... i guess i'll be able to tell how much glare there truely is and if there is anything i can do about it.
Old 12-02-2006, 05:17 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I don't think you will receive any childish remarks on this one. But as you know, a lot of us modify our cars to the point that they are illegal in some form or fashion. On the + side of things most police officers aren't going to pull you over soley for a dark tint job or HIDs. I've ran my HIDs in the stock 07 headlights without causing any accidents, in fact I drove by police officers several times without incident. It's all about the kit, the aiming, and the cutoff.

Btw.. have you looked at some of the BMW/Mercedes HID setups on their SUVs.. they are stock and "legal" and will blind the living f*ck out of you.

As far as aftermarket, there's not a lot of great stuff in the way of projector/angel eye combos. One thing you can do is find a pair of used tC headlight assemblies and experiment. You'd be suprised how skillfull you can be when you put your mind to it.

Either way. good luck!