Notices
Scion tC 1G Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

Aftermarket mirror electrial help

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 06:18 PM

Default Aftermarket mirror electrial help

So I just got some new m3 style power mirrors w/LED turn signals and parking lights, and I installed them ok, but my issue is that when it comes to the electrical, there's more wires now then there were with the stock mirrors.

I can prob just rip the door panel off and figure it out but I was wondering if anyone has installed these mirrors already and knows how to do the wiring. If you have pics of your wiring or if you could just explain it here that'd be a big help.
Old 03-22-2007, 12:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

um.. nope. i havent seen a single tc w/ the mirrors you speak of.. not a fan of them. and not realy a point IMHO...

but i've actualy put these into a lancer.. never again.. but you have to match all the wires and its not fun. but your still gonna hve to run an extra power wire for the parking led's..

personaly, i would throw them out. they are cheaply made and you will burn out the led's and what not.. my buddy went through 3 pair.. plus, they are available for every make.. so there very unoriginal..
Old 03-22-2007, 02:10 PM

understood, i got them because some dick smashed my passenger side mirror (along with everyone elses side mirror on the entire street) and I didn't feel like paying $200 for a replacement.

Point being, i have seen pics of other people with them installed on here, so SOMEBODY knows how to do it, and before I waste time doing trial and error I was hoping maybe someone could explain.
Old 03-22-2007, 03:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

I didnt think they made power aftermarket mirrors. If they are the ebay ones I dont think they're powered. Got a link?
Old 03-22-2007, 03:51 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

The same exact thing happend to my passenger mirror and I saw that those m3 mirrors were $60 on ebay for 2 where as a new oem mirror was 150 shipped. I took the cheap route and had the mirrors on for 2 weeks until I decided they really looked cheap. I was so happy to get my stock mirrors back on I can't even tell you. They are far superior to the m3 ebay mirrors. With that said...there are 3 wires that come out of the m3 mirrors. The black is the ground wire and the blue goes to the blue leds inside and the white goes to the amber leds inside. Let me tell you the blue looks really rice but to each their own. From the stock side there is a greyish wire and a green( orange? sry im colorblind) wire. I forget which is ground and which is the light but just play around with it until you see it blink. The other 3 wires from the stock harness are for the motor. I believe the colors are black, white, and red, so that should narrow down the colors u need to hook to the mirrors. Hope this helps. And again I'll reiterate, you get what you pay for. In my opinion it makes the car look cheap.
Old 03-22-2007, 03:55 PM
JQ
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

what are these mirrors you speak of? I must see, post pic or link or both.
Old 03-22-2007, 04:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One
SL Member

I think these are the mirrors.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/04-05...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 03-22-2007, 05:50 PM

Yeah, those are them. The issue is -

Stock mirrors have a plug with 6 wires in it, i'm assuming they go as follows -

1. 4 total for the mirror motor - 2 Up/Down + 2 Left/Right
2. 2 for the LED's (+/-)

The after market ones have a plug with 4 wires in it, which I'm assuming is for the mirror motor.

Then there are 4 separate wires for the LED's, 2 for the turn signal, and 2 for the parking light.

What I need to know is this - for the stock wires, what color does what? Which ones are for the turn signal and which ones are for the up down / left right?

Obviously i will have to run new wires and bridge them from my parking lights in order to get the parking light LED's working, but for now all im really concerned with is getting the mirror and turn signal power working.
Old 03-22-2007, 07:19 PM
JQ
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by JQ
what are these mirrors you speak of? I must see, post pic or link or both.
Ok forget I asked...I will stick with my factory mirrors. As for your wiring diagram I dont think that you are going to find one. But if you get a digital multi meter or DMM you could find out which is postive and negative on both turn signal and the motor by connecting the prongs and pushing the corresponding buttons. If you are getting what I am saying. Any person who is going to be doing electrical work needs to have a DMM. Walmart is a good place to start...about 10 bucks. Then you'll have your answer and you wouldn't have to rip apart your door or damage something.
Old 03-22-2007, 07:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

pictures?
Old 03-22-2007, 07:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One
SL Member

There's a pic for you Mr. Choi.
Old 03-22-2007, 07:36 PM

Sounds good. Most likely i will be working on this early next week, if I can get it all working I will post a complete install guide for everyone. Again, if anyone HAS already done the wiring and can explain / has a pic it would be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-22-2007, 08:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Singal Light?
Old 03-23-2007, 03:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^ part of the quality control.. that way there not liable when the led's burn themselves out in an hour
Old 03-23-2007, 04:24 PM

Ok so the stock wires are like this -

My mistake there are 5, red, brown, blue, white, and green.

The new mirrors have this -

White, Blue, Black, Brown, i'm assuming these are the motor wires.

and they have this -

White, Black, Blue, Yellow, which I'm assuming are for the lights.

Again, if anybody knows how this works exactly it'd be much appreciated, otherwise I'm doin trial and error on my own early next week.
Old 04-04-2007, 09:06 PM

Default WORKING!!!

Ok, so I messed around with this and I finally have it working on the one side, power adjustment, lights and all. The only thing I didn't get around to was getting the parking LED's running cuz after messing with everything else I had no desire to mess with it anymore. I will finish the other side and post a guide for everyone as soon as im done.
Old 05-11-2007, 01:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Could you post how you ended up wiring everything....I have these same mirrors to install and not really sure what wires go to what.....Thanks
Old 05-11-2007, 01:09 PM

Default Guide

Sure thing, sorry I got a bit distracted due to moving recently, I'll try to get that up here.
Old 05-11-2007, 01:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Whenever you get a chance...thanks bro...
Old 07-13-2007, 04:18 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default ok boys and girls here we go

ok so i finish putting these on last night, but i had to cut the stock mirrors wiering plug. the reason why is cuse i needed the black plastick on the stock mirorirs. well on the stock wiering plug you have 5 wiers orange, pink, white, black and red. orange is positive and pink is negative for the leds. ok well heres were it got complicated cause on the driver side i put white from the stock to white from the mirrors, black with yellow, red wjth green, and it work fine up down and side to side. but on the passanger side i did the same but up is down and down is up,but side to side works. ok so i started changing them but if i got it to work up and down side to side didnt or if i got side to side up and down didnt work or some times i only got side to side or only up and down. i changed them and change them but couldnt get the right order so i left it like i had it the first time. sorry no pic just after the install, well hope it helps.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket mirror electrial help