Notices
Scion tC 1G Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

anyone try this yet?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2005, 03:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Default anyone try this yet?

i have the bottom grill from when they put in the fog lights. has anyone tried to use that as the top grill?
Old 05-20-2005, 04:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

a little off topic but i dont like the way the scion fog lights look on the tc. to each their own of course but i would have liked to see the lights on the side holes of the front bumper.... much like the 6gen civic fog lights.

Old 05-20-2005, 04:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have a lower grill as well and am going to be fabricating it to fit the upper grill possibly this weekend.....I"ll probably make a tutorial on it in the process.....I was going to do it about a month ago...but I've been super busy with work and other projects.....
Old 05-20-2005, 04:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

just post pics when u do
Old 05-20-2005, 05:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I agree with the suggestion about putting the fog lights in the lower openings under the headlights in the TC . Fogs just dont look right in the lower center grill
Old 05-20-2005, 11:28 PM
5 Year Member

ok thats kool
Old 05-20-2005, 11:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

i was going to get an company online to make me a grill for the tc. i just don't have the dimensions of the stock upper grill. anyone know by any chance what it is? if not, i guess i gotta go take it out and measure it this weekend.
Old 05-22-2005, 04:20 AM
5 Year Member

I was looking at getting a bottom grille to cut down for a top grille replacement too. It may end up looking a little odd however.

The upper grille is installed in a slanted back position. The cut of the "walls" in the grille pattern is slanted down. The end result is that these "walls" are horizontal in respect to the ground.

The lower grille is more or less installed vertically. The cut of the "walls" in that grille pattern is perpendicular to the grille so that they too are horizontal in respect to the ground.

If you install the bottom grille in the top position, it will be slanted back which means the "walls" will be slanted up instead of horizontal. It may not be enough to be immediately obvious, but I suspect it will be one of those things that you look at as "something's just not right there but I'm not sure what".
Old 05-22-2005, 05:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yes it's been done. It's floating somewhere around here... I don't think in the drag coefficient section... did a pretty good job, a little crooked but ::shrug:: Go for it, I'd like to see more of this done =D
Old 06-14-2005, 08:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Undecided_Fate
a little off topic but i dont like the way the scion fog lights look on the tc. to each their own of course but i would have liked to see the lights on the side holes of the front bumper.... much like the 6gen civic fog lights.

The position the scion has for the fog lights is horrible I was originally going to get hte fogs but then I saw a pic and absolutley hated it..I was assuming that it was going to be in the same position as th EK civic..I wonder if they will make some that go in the side vents in the future?
Old 06-21-2005, 09:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

The lighting and the camera flash drowns out the black mesh grill, but it looks 10 times better in person.