Notices
Scion tC 1G Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

Audi Style Eyelids

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2008, 09:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Audi Style Eyelids

okay hang with me here on this one i searched for a while on the site and didnt find exactly what i needed so i apologize if this turns out to be a copy post. Does anyone know what kind of price it will be to get LEDs on the eyelid of my 09 tC?

picture this exactly except on the tC eyelid spaced the same way. i've seen it only once on a tC but no one ever knows what i'm talking about. All i've found so far is angel eye or Halo but its not the same...

EDIT: this is poorly done with MS paint in like 5 seconds but i wanted to give a better visualization of what i mean.
Old 10-26-2008, 10:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

Moved to tC Aero
Old 10-26-2008, 10:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

this has been done with a retrofit with the 05-07 headlights and the LEDs on the eyelids which is still the same as the 08-09 eyelids.
Old 10-26-2008, 11:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah theres no kit that you just slap on the outside (or inside for that matter) of the headlights. It has to be custom fabbed.
Old 10-26-2008, 11:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thanks, sorry for wrong forum i'm a *coughs noticeably* noob... :'(

i'm not rly looking for a kit necessarily but i just lack the know-how to wire it in my tC. i dont imagine it costing a lot really.

yea i've seen a tC somewhere on the internet like the way i want it but i have yet to find it again i think it was on a 06 or something, i know i could make it into a DIY but i screw stuff up easily lol. j/w a ballpark price i'm going to take it to a local bodyshop at some point and see what they think. i just dont want the angel eyes that cover the whole thing, but still showing some eyelid.
Old 10-26-2008, 11:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

there is a DIY on here, if i find it then i'll post it on here so you can know what exactly they did to make it work and how it looks with the LEDs.
Old 10-26-2008, 11:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

here I want to straigten you out a bit on terms...

this is a pic of a tC with angel eyes:

this is an example of an eyelid:

what your looking to do, I think is actully reffered to as an eyebrow:

good luck getting your LED eyebrow!
Old 10-26-2008, 11:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by AcidDrop
there is a DIY on here, if i find it then i'll post it on here so you can know what exactly they did to make it work and how it looks with the LEDs.
thanks both, sorry im mixed up with all the terms, Halo, Angel Eyes, Smoked, GT, HID, lol. i have not put much money into my tC yet, and havent played around with wiring b/c i'm afraid i'm going to screw it up without directions lol. bt yea a DIY guide with the LED eyebrows would be nice. if you can find it, i searched a bit but have to get back to homework lol, sucks to be in High school :-)

EDIT: Batman your car is sick btw, definitely diggin' those murdered out rims man. , and THANK YOU FOR HAVING MUDFLAPS ON A BLACK tC i've been looking for decent pics of it forever b/c i was thinking about getting them.
Old 10-27-2008, 02:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Halo = angel eyes = demon eyes

smoked = tinted black

GT = tinted yellow

HID = High Intensity Discharge: a special type of light bulb that is much brighter and whiter than halogen bulbs

yes highschool sucks, im currently avoiding my next physics problem lol

thanks for the compliments, definatly get the mudguards, they look good, and dramatically cut down on the amount of dirt and mud thrown up onto your car especially during the wet season :-)
Old 10-27-2008, 02:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yea, man i hate physics lol, i took that my freshman year and man that was a mistake, i shouldve waited until Junior/senior yr like everyone else. my poor baby hasnt had a shower in a few wks and i got a bunch of crap on the sides of my car when my friend & i raced through this old abandoned parking lot so mudguards may help a tad.. but yea the cosmetic upgrades i'm getting first are the eyebrow LEDs, Pedestal Spoiler, & Mudguards. so many options so little money lol.

thx again btw, i'm not the most aftermarket Savvy guy, mostly i'm afraid to screw my car up.
Old 10-27-2008, 02:41 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Concept in Motion Crew
SL Member

ebay if u want the fake audi style... eyelid is a different story

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Scion...mZ330281334596
Old 10-27-2008, 02:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Dakine
ebay if u want the fake audi style... eyelid is a different story

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Scion...mZ330281334596
appreciate the help but thats not exactly what i'm looking for, i think i'll end up going to advanced auto parts, buying LEDs then finding a DIY guide on how to wire/remove headlamps. I will say that that is an impressive offer based on some other prices i've seen for stuff like that. i may buy those anyways just as a backup or something
Old 10-27-2008, 03:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have always loved the LED eyebrow. Whenever I do my retrofit I'm going to Led eyebrow as my parking lights
Old 10-27-2008, 03:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 1_kLEan_tC
I have always loved the LED eyebrow. Whenever I do my retrofit I'm going to Led eyebrow as my parking lights
ah thats cool, i'm going to try and wire the LED eyebrows to be my running lights so when the dash backlights come on so will the eyebrows. i guess i'll have to buy the wiring diagram and figure it out lol X). in my friend's mustang he took out part of the light, drilled a hole and hooked up a DLP projector so he parks facing the gym at our school and we'll just sit and watch movies and stuff its amazing lol. pricey tho
Old 10-27-2008, 04:52 AM
SL Member

I've been thinking of doing a line of LED's in my headlight for a while. The thing is, I've heard that the heating issue inside the housing could be problematic for the LED's that you get. I don't think the heat will be too good for the LED's unless you have a small housing for them like the eBay ones.
Old 10-28-2008, 02:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by AlanW
I've been thinking of doing a line of LED's in my headlight for a while. The thing is, I've heard that the heating issue inside the housing could be problematic for the LED's that you get. I don't think the heat will be too good for the LED's unless you have a small housing for them like the eBay ones.
yea i've heard some heat troubles as well, it should be fine being fairly far away from the larger bulb, and i dont think the heat would be any worse than the car sitting in the sun, hopefully that is, i'm going to best buy to talk to them about it and see what kind of LED i should get.
Old 10-28-2008, 07:19 PM
SL Member

Dont forget to take lots of pics and possibly a write-up for us less creative peeps.
Old 10-29-2008, 11:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
CinSity Scions
SL Member

good luck with it. hope to see pics soon hehe
Old 10-30-2008, 12:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hey thanks, i talked to my bud about it and it seems pretty do-able the LEDs i'm looking at are around $20 and for now we are planning to drill in the back of the headlamps through the eyelid then seal it with a foam there because the headlight is sealed and we have no way of baking a seal back on.
Old 10-30-2008, 02:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

.... no definatly bake the headlights open and drill from the inside if you want it to come out right.

really just pop your headlights in the oven at like 220 degrees for 20 mins or so and pry em apart. To reseal em, just squish em together as best you can, bake em again to soften the glue, then squeeze em all the way back together.

Quick Reply: Audi Style Eyelids