Notices
Scion tC 1G Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

Best place to buy body kit online?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2010, 07:02 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Default Best place to buy body kit online?

I'm in the market for a body kit, specifically a front bumper, and was wondering where is a good place to order from / good brand to order from. Yes, I drive an xB and not a tC, but I had a similar post in the xB forum for a month with only two people responding.

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=178279

I figured there's more kitted tC's running around to hopefully get some good feedback. I'll be doing a self install, so I'm not worried about shops. I do fiberglass and HVLP paint, and will be modding whatever I get to fit an intercooler mid-grill and an oil cooler in the lower panel, though the less fitment work needed the better.

Really just want to know what manufacturers have good fitment, and what distributers sell at a decent price. Right now I'm looking at either AIT or VIS for the manufacturer, since I'm chopping it anyway I don't see the point going with an authentic FAB or JP USA, though it would be nice not to have to do too much fitment work. Will be fiberglass unless I can find anything in urethane, I've looked and haven't seen anything yet.
Old 02-04-2010, 08:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the jp is only a lipkit but for something that fits really good i'd have to say the M3 front or kaminari, another might be the gt touring from extreme dimensions. the ait fab, buddy club have bad fitment, the raven is so so with little bit of work.
Old 02-04-2010, 08:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by AcidDrop
the jp is only a lipkit but for something that fits really good i'd have to say the M3 front or kaminari, another might be the gt touring from extreme dimensions. the ait fab, buddy club have bad fitment, the raven is so so with little bit of work.
Seriously... did you even read the OP? ...
Old 02-04-2010, 08:54 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

That's alright, he's got some good feedback. So the AIT doesn't have good fitment on the tC, that's something to keep in mind. I was considering Extreme Dimensions as well, anyone with a kit from them let me know too. For illustration, these are the two kit styles I'm looking at presently. Again, I know this is the tC section but the xB area has been silent on this so I'm branching out for feedback.

FAB style bumper (already installed on my other xB, came with the car, not sure from where):

JP USA style bumper (random google image):

This isn't a which kit looks better thread, I just want to know where's a good place to order from. VIS makes the JP USA style bumper, both AIT and Extreme Dimensions carry the FAB style.
Old 02-04-2010, 10:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by optional
Seriously... did you even read the OP? ...
yeah and feel free to chime in if you know how to help out the OP instead of tring ruining his thread like the rest on here.

OP have you checked out www.fastscions.com they usually have good prices on bodykits...
Old 02-08-2010, 02:24 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Update: Talked to my local shop, and apparently the VIS kits for the xB aren't made in-house by VIS. He's had good luck with VIS-made kits but can't garuntee anything on the JP USA knock-off they carry.

Is it worth it to just pay the extra cost and get a real JP or FAB bumper, knowing that I will be cutting it to make room for the mid-mount intercooler and oil cooler? My initial thoughts were that if I'm already doing work on it, I should be able to fit any fitment issues. Then again, that also means more work.

I checked fast scions and didn't see any full front bumpers, only complete kits. I'll probably give them a call to see if they can sell just the front.

Last edited by vettereddie; 02-08-2010 at 02:30 PM.
Old 02-08-2010, 02:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Scionce
SL Member

Andy's Auto Sport should have different sets for you look through and you get just buy individual pieces.
Old 02-08-2010, 03:15 PM
SL Member

Try racingsolution.com
Old 02-08-2010, 03:15 PM
SL Member

sorry forgot to post this one as well Mengmotorsports.com
Old 02-08-2010, 04:43 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Have you guys used Andysautosport, racingsolution or mengmotorsports? Was hoping for feedback on price / fitment / service from these places. I've looked at andys and racingsolution online already, they come up early in Google search.

Racing Solution doesn't have much for the xB for front bumpers, mainly carbon fiber and lip kits. The FAB kit they offer is the Extreme Dimensions one. Don't know how they can even post it as the picture with the real Fabulous logo when it's clearly a knock-off, FAB doesn't use duraflex, I've got the real one on the white xB.

If I went with Extreme Dimensions, I'd probably go for the Skyline bumper and just cut off the bottom lip for better ground clearance. Repaired of course so there's still a bottom lip edge and not just a cut shell.

Last edited by vettereddie; 02-08-2010 at 04:50 PM.
Old 02-08-2010, 04:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i have heard bad things about andysautosport, dont have personal experience with them but i have heard that some of there stuff doesnt fit good. The other 2 I have heard good things about.
Old 02-08-2010, 05:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Scionce
SL Member

Had a good experience with Andy's.

They had my DC FSTB on back order, they called me let me know when they would get another one and within a week.

BOOM.

Had it on my doorstep.
Old 02-08-2010, 06:08 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Umm.. what's a DC FSTB? DC Sports Front Strut Tower Brace? Good to know about their customer service. I think the xB should be easy to fit, the top edge of the bumper is completely flat. The only area of issue should be around the headlight corner, I've seen some kits where ti pushes in or out too far from the fender seam, though trimming mounts or adding spacers should fix this.
Old 02-08-2010, 06:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Racing solutions is good..... took a while to get my CF hood but service is good.
Old 02-08-2010, 06:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

viniati.com have anything for the B? thats where I bought my body kit
Old 02-08-2010, 06:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Scionce
SL Member

Originally Posted by vettereddie
Umm.. what's a DC FSTB? DC Sports Front Strut Tower Brace? Good to know about their customer service. I think the xB should be easy to fit, the top edge of the bumper is completely flat. The only area of issue should be around the headlight corner, I've seen some kits where ti pushes in or out too far from the fender seam, though trimming mounts or adding spacers should fix this.
Si.
Old 02-08-2010, 06:47 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Yeah, they have the real JP USA front and foglights. Runs about $200 more than the knock-off and an extra $50 for shipping. Really debating if that would be worth it for the better fitment with me already cutting out the mid grill.
Old 02-08-2010, 06:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Scionce
SL Member

It's always worth it!