Notices
Scion tC 1G Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

Black Grillcraft grill installed without stock grill!! PIX

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2005, 06:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by namotorsports
The install looks good. Thank you again to everyone for all the orders for these grilles. We've had quite the demand for them! We do have all the grilles in stock in black and silver. If you are looking to order, you can visit our Scion Specials Page by clicking the link below.

http://www.namotorsports.net/index_scion.cfm

Do I hear a group buy? or say a scionlife discount?
Old 05-18-2005, 06:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 05_scion_tc
i installed my grillcraft upper grill today also. i used the stock grill frame, but i cut the honeycomb material out of the stock grill so it doesn't show. looks beautiful. i'm getting my lower grills on thursday. :D
I have the black grillcraft grill and I mounted it to the factory grill and painted the scion logo black. The logo still shows a little and looks ghetto. Did you cut all the honeycomb out of the frame or just where the scion logo is? At first I didnt want to cut my stock grill so I could revert back to stock when I sold the car but after seeing how great it looks with no scion logo behind it Im going to cut my stock one. Also how rigid is the grill with all that honeycomb cut out?
Old 05-18-2005, 01:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It's nice but there are two things I dislike...

1. The Grillcraft logo.

2. The upper and lower grills are different.
Old 05-18-2005, 01:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

wow.. why is it so hard for a company to make a grill that just pops in like nobody's business? what's with all the jury-rigging to get the thing to fit in there.. it's not like it's that difficult of a part to begin with ya know....
Old 05-18-2005, 01:26 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That looks superb. Best looking tC grill I've seen.

Old 05-18-2005, 02:01 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by DouBLeJ16
do they sell a 4 piece kit?
We sell an upper grille, single lower grille and 3 piece lower grille. What did you mean by 4 piece kit?
Old 05-18-2005, 02:03 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by motozen
Originally Posted by namotorsports
The install looks good. Thank you again to everyone for all the orders for these grilles. We've had quite the demand for them! We do have all the grilles in stock in black and silver. If you are looking to order, you can visit our Scion Specials Page by clicking the link below.

http://www.namotorsports.net/index_scion.cfm

Do I hear a group buy? or say a scionlife discount?
These currently are a sale price so there will be no additional discount.
Old 05-18-2005, 02:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So it would be almost $300 if you wanted to replace the top and bottom grills, especially if you wanted to do the little air vents too... and the grill doesn't even correctly fit if you remove the whole stock grills... It's just a piece of metal, maybe nicely painted, but in all honesty, you would sell a ton of these if it was a direct replacement. People don't want to fit it over their existing grill... Grillcraft? Anyone? Listen up.
Old 05-18-2005, 03:29 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by iowagary
So it would be almost $300 if you wanted to replace the top and bottom grills, especially if you wanted to do the little air vents too... and the grill doesn't even correctly fit if you remove the whole stock grills... It's just a piece of metal, maybe nicely painted, but in all honesty, you would sell a ton of these if it was a direct replacement. People don't want to fit it over their existing grill... Grillcraft? Anyone? Listen up.
The grille was designed by Grillcraft to utilize the stock grille. They attach it to the stock grille because this is the easiest way to do the install. I understand you don't like the fact that it uses the stock grille, but Grillcraft chose this design to make the install easy. Grillcraft products are some of the highest quality grilles on the market which is why they are more money than buying mesh at Home Depot and putting them on the car. There products will not rust and they are also extremely strong because they have the frame around the outer edge of the grille.

As far as pricing goes, the 3 piece lower kit is $139.98 and the upper grille is $109.98. Any more questions, feel free to ask, we are here to help!
Old 05-18-2005, 03:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Eh... it's a non-performance part. I'm glad they made quality #1. That's great. But maybe they need some feedback. Unless you have to weld something yourself, taking off the bumper and bolting something on isn't the hardest thing in the world. Everyone around here who dislikes the grill is complaining about the fact that it isn't a replacement and you can totally see the stock grill and logo through it. I know you're just the retailer, so my complaint isn't with you. I'm just letting you know that if I could get a grillcraft grill (upper and lower) for $250 that would completely replace the stock grill, I'd order it right now.
Old 05-18-2005, 04:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Unique Scionikz
SL Member

Originally Posted by Jdawg82
i installed my grillcraft upper grill today also. i used the stock grill frame, but i cut the honeycomb material out of the stock grill so it doesn't show. looks beautiful. i'm getting my lower grills on thursday. :D
I have the black grillcraft grill and I mounted it to the factory grill and painted the scion logo black. The logo still shows a little and looks ghetto. Did you cut all the honeycomb out of the frame or just where the scion logo is? At first I didnt want to cut my stock grill so I could revert back to stock when I sold the car but after seeing how great it looks with no scion logo behind it Im going to cut my stock one. Also how rigid is the grill with all that honeycomb cut out?
i cut all the honeycomb out of the stock grill. the frame is very sturdy. it not goin anywhere. personally i think u'd get more for your car if u were to sell it with this grill.
Old 05-18-2005, 04:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well that's where you're most likely wrong. I do not doubt that you can cut the stock grill and secure the grillcraft one and make everything look good. But I don't want to cut the stock grill. And if you ever sell the car, anyone will tell you, aftermarket parts almost ALWAYS lower the retail value. Unless you're selling to some kid who totally knows the scene already, people don't trust cars with aftermarket parts on them. Seeing all the stock parts means that you haven't messed things up. Not only will you not get your money back on what you buy for it, you'll probably lose money on the whole package. That doesn't mean it doesn't look good - I'm sure it does. People just won't trust it (I wouldn't)
Old 05-18-2005, 04:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Unique Scionikz
SL Member

here's my upper grill.

i'll take pics of the lower ones when i get them installed.

*and a big thanks to www.namotorsports.net ..... they have excellent customer service and the cheapest prices on a lot of items. i definately recommend purchasing from them.
Old 05-18-2005, 04:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

1. Is it possible to remove the ugly GrillCraft logo without messing-up the grill?

B. The front plate would look better with some sort of frame.
Old 05-18-2005, 04:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Unique Scionikz
SL Member

1. yes it is possible. it is held in by 2 screws or nuts... i forgot already.

B. i am going to completely remove my front plate once i install my bottom grills.
Old 05-18-2005, 04:50 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I like it a lot, but I would have to be able to get a bottom grill like that as well, mismatching grills looks bad to me.
Old 05-18-2005, 04:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Unique Scionikz
SL Member

Originally Posted by Darkness
I like it a lot, but I would have to be able to get a bottom grill like that as well, mismatching grills looks bad to me.
i agree. my bottom grills are coming in either today or tommorow. but i was bored and impatient and installed the top one right when i got it.
Old 05-18-2005, 07:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

here's my upper grill.

i'll take pics of the lower ones when i get them installed.

*and a big thanks to www.namotorsports.net ..... they have excellent customer service and the cheapest prices on a lot of items. i definately recommend purchasing from them.
Hey how did you keep the wires from the horn and the horns themselves from showing? I installed mine at first with no stock grill and it was too see through. You could see all the wires and stuff behind it. Today I purchased some black plastic gutter guard and placed 2 sheets behind the grillcraft grill. You can not see anything through the grill now. Looks great. Just a tip for people getting the grill craft grill.
Old 05-18-2005, 09:18 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

tightness
Old 05-18-2005, 09:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Unique Scionikz
SL Member

Originally Posted by Jdawg82
Hey how did you keep the wires from the horn and the horns themselves from showing? I installed mine at first with no stock grill and it was too see through. You could see all the wires and stuff behind it. Today I purchased some black plastic gutter guard and placed 2 sheets behind the grillcraft grill. You can not see anything through the grill now. Looks great. Just a tip for people getting the grill craft grill.
i didn't do n e thing. the wires were run along the metal part of the bumper... seems like they made it nice and neat before i got it.

Quick Reply: Black Grillcraft grill installed without stock grill!! PIX