Notices
Scion tC 1G Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

Check out these from scionpro.com

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2006, 06:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

thanks.

also scionblueblitz if anything, we are here to try to help you and your sponsor, i personally love seeing new companys come up with new stuff, but when i see stuff like this i get sad
Old 12-13-2006, 06:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well we don't want sad people so everyone getting along now?????

Ok great.....let's go have a cold one and a BBQ.
Old 12-13-2006, 06:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

at 2:30 in the morning?

eh, why not!
Old 12-13-2006, 06:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I understand what you are saying guys. he does because he has a theme he is going with. maybe it might have to change for the good but. i like it its different and fun. but i do understand. the lifestyle and magazine thing was not dirrected towards you guys look at the first page of comments and you will see. thanks
Old 12-13-2006, 06:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

yes, it's a theme, but really.... it takes me 10 minutes to read one description.

imagine new customers that dont know abou thte theme...
Old 12-13-2006, 07:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

so.....
After reading all of the flaming I thought I would add my $0.02
( done in a scottish accent btw)

The Dead pedal is very nice. The engine cover replacing the standard one is cool and the diverter thing is nice too.

Im not too sure about the header guard? its not bad but its not quite there yet

the inner fenders and battery cover are too much but that is just my opinion and i ve been wrong before.th

Can I make a suggestion?
Put braided lines on the pipes to complete the look.
Get the metal louvred to avoid heat soak as much.
All in all it, the build quality looks great but it looks like my 60 year old uncles 69 chevy c10 truck engine bay (sorta)
Old 12-13-2006, 07:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ahhhhhhhhh war zone
Old 12-13-2006, 07:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Sushi
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scion Evolution

I don't care who you are or where you come from. . . you just don't write like that (the vendor). I would NEVER make a substantial purchase from them. It's one thing to have cultural slang and style (like using ''ain't'' or ''the bomb.'' But ''dis'' and all that other purposefully mispelled jargon is something not even the youth participate in (unless you're talking about 10 year olds). It's something even the bogus 20hp speed chips from ebay wont't do! Completely unprofessional and unnecessary, it insults the intelligence of the prospective buyer. I'm sure that President Bush has done more for charity than this vendor will in his entire life (and he's also done a lot of harm). But it is unprofessionalism and lack of communication skills which hav ruined his image from day one. If this is serious about making money (and why else would he have opened a BUSINESS?), he ought to REALLY rethink his ''strategery.''

Or let me put it in words he can understand:

yo yo yo homes chickity check the whack crack drugs messed da brain dis crazy no make money speak da normal lingo ju wan da chedda c dog fo sheez 818 cripalate ur so crazy byob hoohaaaa swreeeeeeeee. Donkey Kong Nintendo click box flashy shiny thing da spellcheck. Learning goooooood. Drugs baaaaaaaaaaad.
Old 12-13-2006, 07:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by djct_watt
I don't care who you are or where you come from. . . you just don't write like that (the vendor). I would NEVER make a substantial purchase from them. It's one thing to have cultural slang and style (like using ''ain't'' or ''the bomb.'' But ''dis'' and all that other purposefully mispelled jargon is something not even the youth participate in (unless you're talking about 10 year olds). It's something even the bogus 20hp speed chips from ebay wont't do! Completely unprofessional and unnecessary, it insults the intelligence of the prospective buyer. I'm sure that President Bush has done more for charity than this vendor will in his entire life (and he's also done a lot of harm). But it is unprofessionalism and lack of communication skills which hav ruined his image from day one. If this is serious about making money (and why else would he have opened a BUSINESS?), he ought to REALLY rethink his ''strategery.''

Or let me put it in words he can understand:

yo yo yo homes chickity check the whack crack drugs messed da brain dis crazy no make money speak da normal lingo ju wan da chedda c dog fo sheez 818 cripalate ur so crazy byob hoohaaaa swreeeeeeeee. Donkey Kong Nintendo click box flashy shiny thing da spellcheck. Learning goooooood. Drugs baaaaaaaaaaad.
you forgot the E on have, and instead of ought, i think the wors "should" should be used
Old 12-13-2006, 07:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

lmao how am i supposed to look cool n **** when i correct you and i mad a gramatical error
Old 12-13-2006, 07:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

errr i did it again

mad...made

damn
Old 12-13-2006, 07:52 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

wow....ummm actually i kinda like the "theme" thats goin on in the website...it's different and adds a little different style which matches their products....IMO..produts look good...especially the dead pedal...i guess what i'm trying to say is that everyone is different and entitled to their own business techniques whether it works or not is a different matter. so i say we should give the website a chance and let them run their own business. and now lets open another cold one and throw more meat on the BBQ..
Old 12-13-2006, 07:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ill take a steak... medium well if thats ok
Old 12-13-2006, 12:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Why not tone down the "Brooklyn accent" (I think that's what it was, don't get mad if I am wrong) on the website? I can see where you are going with the website, but honestly I think it has gone too far. I've read a bunch of the descriptions on the site and some are fine, but others, like the one in this thread, just are too much and make it difficult to read.

Maybe tone down the descriptions and put bullet points in "regular english" at the bottom? The products do look great but in all honesty, I can't get past the typing on the website.

Don't take this as bashing, take it as constructive critisism.
Old 12-13-2006, 01:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Would it be inappropriate to laugh at this thread? I posted before I went to bed and woke up to a ____ storm. This is the funniest ____ to me, I love the internet. Sorry scionblitzblue I didn't realize your were quoting the site, couldn't get myself to look at it after. Next time just say you're quoting something and this can all be avoided.
Old 12-13-2006, 02:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Like the others, I am not bashing the op or a person in general. Only the business, thier practices and the way they advertise.

As far as the "import lifestyle"

1) I dont want my car on the cover of import rags, cause most of them know how to bolt stuff on and say "yo" alot. I am more into well thought out mods and performance mods that actually make sense. I dont care much for "tuner" shops that know nothing, same as the rag magazines they write for. It is to the point that I take "tuner" as an insult. It has become synonomous with "ricer"

2) If you are sponsored and have done well, then great, I am happy for you if you are doing what you like

3) Accent aside, that is pure fake ghetto talk, period. I know people from pretty much everywhere.. they all had the chance to learn how to write in proper english. At least enough to be able to understand them. I dont know anything about the guys at the company and dont really care. They could be great guys. The point is that they advertise by talking like F&F wannabes, period. It just makes me think "wow, another of the million "tuners" that know how to bolt on and quote numbers from magazines".

If you read overall, no one is trying to bash the op. Just some feedback to this company. Like I said before, the last time they came on here they couldnt figure out how to post in the same thread they started after multiple attempts to tell them how. That, mixed with the way they advertise, doesnt give a lot of people a huge amount of faith in doing business with them.
Old 12-13-2006, 03:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I recently purchased the Tc dead pedal from them. I couldn't have asked for a better transaction. They had great communication, fast shipping, and even sent me some free goodies (t-shirt and stickers).
I'm not saying that their choice of web design is the best, but I definitely can vouch for their business practice.
I would definitely do business with them again.
Old 12-13-2006, 03:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

Old 12-13-2006, 07:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Theme or not it is not good for a business to type like its run by a thug... I've come across the site before and the grammar makes you think it is run by an imbecile. Maybe that's just me but I don't care for a gangsta website to buy car parts from.

Also what the hell does having an accent have to do with typing a website... unless he has a voice recognition keyboard that types when he speaks it shouldn't matter how he talks... You don't see people with a stutter typing like they have one. Its just an absurd way to market a product and to run a business.
Old 12-13-2006, 08:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Sushi
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by scion_jon
lmao how am i supposed to look cool n **** when i correct you and i mad a gramatical error
Dude, I'm not selling anything. I'm allowed to make mistakes. I don't have to be professional. Plus, typing on a PDA is VERY difficult.

At least I don't have to result to cursing like a five year old. Grow up, man. Your feelings are way to sensitive. It's a forum and I like to crack jokes and make people laugh. And trust me, everyone is laughing at "dat" spelling. Nobody is laughing at me, except you. And I'm not selling anything to you nor are you buying anything from me. So no loss.

And plus, it's one thing to have an accident. It's another thing completely to look like an idiot on purpose (when you are selling something).

Quick Reply: Check out these from scionpro.com