Notices
Scion tC 1G Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

Chris Rado's Scion TC = Most Rediculous Spoiler Setup = Ugli

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 06:13 AM
SL Member

Originally Posted by shoopajae
wow... i understand its for a real purpose but jeez... its just too damn funny.
You have no clue what the looks were on all of our faces when the idea was brought to the meeting table haha. we all rolled our eyes but were open to the idea to make down force to put the high horsepower high torque down.
Old 06-02-2009, 06:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

at first, i thought someone photoshopped that in as a joke....then I saw the second picture
Old 06-02-2009, 06:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

wow wtf
Old 06-02-2009, 06:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Did someone say Function > Form? Well you can get both with Form & Function coilovers
Old 06-02-2009, 06:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

WOW!!!! again with the hating on scion life lol

Come on people get a life and stop _____ing about petty stuff.

We got to meet chris down here in memphis at nopi back in 05 and wow have things come along way since then.

ANyway the wing is crazy!! can't wait to see what else you guys are up to.

So High Five on the wing!
Old 06-02-2009, 07:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TY_DESCENDANT
You have no clue what the looks were on all of our faces when the idea was brought to the meeting table haha. we all rolled our eyes but were open to the idea to make down force to put the high horsepower high torque down.
Is this going to make it on to the AWD car as well?
Old 06-02-2009, 03:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Originally Posted by Big_hungry
WOW!!!! again with the hating on scion life lol

Come on people get a life and stop biscuit about petty stuff.

We got to meet chris down here in memphis at nopi back in 05 and wow have things come along way since then.

ANyway the wing is crazy!! can't wait to see what else you guys are up to.

So High Five on the wing!
The only people who are hating think the only thing that matters is winning a show at a local Toyota dealer...with their neons and stickers...
Old 06-02-2009, 04:26 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by Hat_Trick_Hokie
Originally Posted by TY_DESCENDANT
Is this going to make it on to the AWD car as well?
That is up in the air. My personal opinion is it should be due to an awd car can use the extra down force just as much as a fwd. Again the fwd tC is a prototype race car as we (world racing) are new to road racing. We have only been involved in time attack now for 3 years. I think we have come a very long way already. Everyone will just have to wait and see how the awd tC will come out
Old 06-02-2009, 04:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i figured that they were goin to do that when i watched the last clip of rado planning his 2009 season... i mean they talked about it...

but my opinion.. its a no no... =/ doesn't matter if its function or form.. its just a no... canards can just do that ok.. but seriously.. c'mon..
Old 06-02-2009, 04:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the truth is in the numbers...there is a reason why a race car isn't meant for DD lol

In a race it's all about the numbers..even if it is fugly lol I think it's awesome at the same time.
Old 06-02-2009, 04:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Originally Posted by KrazyAznScion
i figured that they were goin to do that when i watched the last clip of rado planning his 2009 season... i mean they talked about it...

but my opinion.. its a no no... =/ doesn't matter if its function or form.. its just a no... canards can just do that ok.. but seriously.. c'mon..
If canards can do this, then why did they significantly improve their lap times? The answer is, because canards can't do this.

And it completely matters if it's functional. They just proved that it's more than just functional.
Old 06-02-2009, 04:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

Originally Posted by CarbonXe
The only people who are hating think the only thing that matters is winning a show at a local Toyota dealer...with their neons and stickers...
Hiyo! lol.

This thread is a perfect indicator of why Scion (in general) is losing credibility. When we finally have tC's smashing records and showing the racing world that a Scion CAN be a formidable racing platform, people complain about how the wing looks...

All day at Willow Springs, people were pointing to the World tC and asking "WTF is that? What a stupid looking car! And it's a tC?!?!" Then I'd tell them that car holds the FWD record for the track, and they shut up lol.
Old 06-02-2009, 04:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

And that's exactly why all you have is a CAI and a non-functional Air Diversion Panel...
Old 06-02-2009, 05:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Originally Posted by Soulquarian
Originally Posted by CarbonXe
Hiyo! lol.

This thread is a perfect indicator of why Scion (in general) is losing credibility. When we finally have tC's smashing records and showing the racing world that a Scion CAN be a formidable racing platform, people complain about how the wing looks...

All day at Willow Springs, people were pointing to the World tC and asking "WTF is that? What a stupid looking car! And it's a tC?!?!" Then I'd tell them that car holds the FWD record for the track, and they shut up lol.
Exactly. If it's not slammed to the ground with big shiny wheels and glowing blue, it's crap. I thought ScionLife was better than this, usually the stickers and neon crowd stays over on CSTC.com. Ya know, the crowd that cries when ScionLifers make fun of their tC and spews the "everyone likes it in person" comments. They're the ones that'll look back in 2-3 years and wonder wtf they were thinking when they installed blue dome lights, blue neons inside their car, blue HIDs, blue driving lights, and painted half their interior blue.
Old 06-02-2009, 05:12 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

<-- guilty of blue dome lights
Old 06-02-2009, 05:26 PM
SL Member

That's incorrect. canards can not do as much as a wing. Its about square area on the horizontal surface. The wing also being away from the body creates a leverage factor. Image when you are working on a project that you have to get leverage on to separate two materials. Do you use a a stubby flat head screwdriver or a 3 foot pry bar. Do you torque lug nuts on a car with a 1/4 drive ratchet? No you use a torque ratchet that is significantly longer
Old 06-02-2009, 05:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

<~~~~~~~~ guilty of red driving lights.
Old 06-02-2009, 05:32 PM
SL Member

I don't want everyone to think that im on here to defend ourselves. Im on here to answer questions incase someone has a question about something they don't understand or any general questions. The point is the wing is on the car just to pull better lap times since the car is fwd and makes 1000+ to the flywheel. Another fact is that we have found a way to make a fwd car compatible with awd and rwd road race cars as the willow event results show.
Old 06-02-2009, 05:47 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

function>form.
Old 06-02-2009, 05:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ty, have Esteban paint the AWD car some ridiculous color(s) & see what these people on SL say...as well as the people on/at the track. You guys should just make it straight up ugly & then smash everyone/break records, etc. That'll get people to shut up & it'll create headlines, haha.

Also, get Chris to re-airbrush the rig with Burt Wess on it instead of the reaper. hahahaha.

Quick Reply: Chris Rado's Scion TC = Most Rediculous Spoiler Setup = Ugli