Notices
Scion tC 1G Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

crappy toyota job

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2006, 02:04 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default crappy toyota job

i got the billet grill installed buy toyota like two weeks ago. i washed my car today and when i washed the lower part of the grill it like almost popped off! the whole lower portion is almost as if it wasn't even connected, i can actually fit my hand between the grill and bumper. the upper portion is attached but not the lower. what would u guys do?
Old 02-04-2006, 02:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Oh I would be back in there blazing hell fire. The price you pay for dealer junk they better install it right. Be nice at first, as mistakes happen, but stop at nothing to get it fixed right.
Old 02-04-2006, 02:47 AM

10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

well... considering how the grille just pops in and out... they just must've not put it in hard enough for the tabs to catch.... just pop the grille back in... no big deal whatsoever..
Old 02-04-2006, 03:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

pics? You have 2 choices I believe One as Squallheart stated above, or just do what tat2dude25 said. Enjoy.
Old 02-04-2006, 03:59 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

it doesn't seem as if i could just pop it back into place, and i just dont wanna take a chance and scratch it, im just gunna go to toyota first thing on monday and raise hell.
Old 02-04-2006, 05:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

just a question, but what billet grille would you have Toyota install for you?
Old 02-04-2006, 10:20 AM

10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

i was also wondering that as well.... billet grilles are NOT a factory option..
Old 02-04-2006, 12:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Heh..I thought this was a post about someone who saw someone from Toyota having a crappy job. I was like wtf?
Which billet grill did you have installed. If its not a Scion Grille then I would be as nice as possible when taking it back to the dealer. It will get you much farther than going in there kicking and screaming(especially if its not a Scion part). Trust me, from an Assistant Service Managers point of view..you're better off to be nice if its not a Toyota/Scion part.
Old 02-04-2006, 04:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Maybe it was this one?
http://trdsparks.com/displayparts.ph...7&parts_id=580
It looks like a Toyota parts #. I could be wrong. (According to my gf, I'm ALWAYS wrong! ) Definitely take it back Mon. morning. Just show them what's the problem and kindly tell them to fix it.
Old 02-04-2006, 04:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Your lucky they dont charge you double if thats an aftermarket part. I called up scion one day and asked em to install install something to save the warrenty and they said if they install it and mess up or screw up they would charge double plus the uninstallation fee. I was so upset over that I almost hung up the phone because he was a jerk.
Old 02-04-2006, 07:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

its not a Toyota Part number. I just checked.
Old 02-05-2006, 01:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yes, Nice is always good. Even if it is not a Scion or Toyota part they still agreed to install the grille probably with a certain charge. They accepted a job for a payment and they are "probably" legally bound to make it correct. Whether repair or refund of labor. If they are anykind of decent business they will make it right for you. If not the better business bureau always helps, as a last resort.
Old 02-05-2006, 06:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by tat2dude25
Yes, Nice is always good. Even if it is not a Scion or Toyota part they still agreed to install the grille probably with a certain charge. They accepted a job for a payment and they are "probably" legally bound to make it correct. Whether repair or refund of labor. If they are anykind of decent business they will make it right for you. If not the better business bureau always helps, as a last resort.
We wont install ANY aftermarket equipment. Its not that we dont have the qualified techs to do it, it just eventually leads to trouble. I'm sure the part just popped out and its going to pop back in, but what if the part is defective? Then the customer has to pay for it to be reinstalled. Its not a EOM part so its not going to be a parts and labor warranty
Old 02-05-2006, 06:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by tat2dude25
We wont install ANY aftermarket equipment. Its not that we dont have the qualified techs to do it, it just eventually leads to trouble. I'm sure the part just popped out and its going to pop back in, but what if the part is defective? Then the customer has to pay for it to be reinstalled. Its not a EOM part so its not going to be a parts and labor warranty.

And who's to say something didnt hit the grill and knock it out of place? I havent seen it so I dont know. There are just way to many variables. Lets say it was installed correctly. If someone tugged on it and knocked it loose or broke something..why should the dealer be responsible?
Old 02-06-2006, 01:53 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Hyghgynx
Maybe it was this one?
http://trdsparks.com/displayparts.ph...7&parts_id=580
It looks like a Toyota parts #. I could be wrong. (According to my gf, I'm ALWAYS wrong! ) Definitely take it back Mon. morning. Just show them what's the problem and kindly tell them to fix it.
it was defs this grille. it says billet grille as the option but all it is is the same grille in chrome. but yeah im taking it to toyota in about 30 mins to get it put back in. im not really a hostile person anywayz so i was gunna be nice about it. they just better not charge me for anything
Old 02-06-2006, 05:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^It wasn't your fault the grill popped out. (Or, was it? j/k) You shouldn't have to pay for anything. If they would have installed it correctly in the first place, you wouldn't be coming back to get it re-installed. Hope it all works out for ya!
Old 02-06-2006, 08:18 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

so i look like a major idiot. i went to toyota today and asked them to fix the grille. no noise or complaining just nicely asking. then they took it back and 30 mins later called me to come look at the car, they asked if i had been in an accident! i was like I just got this car 4 wks ago, of course not. i drove it for the first week, then i left for 2 wks to north carolina for military purposes then came back last week. so immediately i called my parents and asked them, first they denied it, then they said ok yes it was us! they freakin hit some dude on a bicycle! i guess his pedal cracked my front bumper on the right side, they had it fixed and painted. they took it to some Joe Shmoe place that did a HORRIBLE job painting it, isn't even the same paint! so now im really upset but im a very positive person, so this negative turns into a positive cuz now they can help me pay for a body kit that i wanted.
Old 02-07-2006, 04:05 AM

10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

ooh.... new body kit! haha... sweetness man... any ideas on which one yet?
Old 02-07-2006, 04:39 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

im thinkin the kamirani front and sides with the buddy club two back. but i need to see how much $$$ its gunna be. any suggestions?