Notices
Scion tC 1G Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

Crease Dent on rear quarter panel

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2009, 10:55 PM
SL Member

Default Crease Dent on rear quarter panel

Anybody out there know the art of PDR well?

What are the best access point to remove the crease dent? I am trying to avoid drilling a hole in the door jamb and getting it silicone plugged. There isn't a factory plugged hole in the door jamb is there?

The bodyline ones (very close to each other) were already worked on by one PDR guy and he wasn't able to get it all out and now there might be high spots or whatever else. Can this still be fixed without bodywork?

Name:  AllDings.jpg
Views: 773
Size:  51.9 KB

Name:  CreaseDentDiffAngles.jpg
Views: 476
Size:  49.4 KB

Anyone recommend a good PDR guy that has done work on your tC in NY/NJ/CT?
Old 06-30-2009, 11:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

damn dude let me know if you do get it fixed....i have the same bodyline dents on both doors...s0o let me know who you got it done by and how much..cuz i live in ny t0o
Old 07-01-2009, 12:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

heck yeah same here. i got one on my passenger side crease and it was from this stupid kid in a truck that drove off.
Old 07-01-2009, 12:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

just ask around in your area for a good paint less dent removal shop. most of the time they will drive out to you.
Old 07-01-2009, 12:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

that exactly where mine are. you think toyota designed our doors so that crease line is the first thing that gets hit?
Old 07-01-2009, 12:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

My g/f had a very deep ding in her body line on the drivers door, it was a sharp ding also. It was done while getting 1 of her free oil changes at the dealer. When we found it after picking it up, we went to the dealer and spoke to the manager and told him this happened here, it's going to get taken care of or else.. Anyways, the guy they have pull their dents did it the next day. You could barely tell there was a place before, only at an angle and certain light. It was so deep before I'm surprised it didn't crack the paint. But don't worry, it can be removed without damage if the correct person does it.
Old 07-22-2009, 09:45 PM
SL Member

Bodyline dings are fixed, only the crease dent is left.

Has anyone had a dent in the same area as the crease pic I have posted? If so, how was it removed? I am afraid if I get a hole drilled in the door jamb, the brace will still be in the way. Also if I have the interior panel taken out, I risk them messing stuff up and scratching it or it not going back in together right. Can you access it through the door striker if you take that off?
Old 07-22-2009, 10:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by sciontcmm
Bodyline dings are fixed, only the crease dent is left.

Has anyone had a dent in the same area as the crease pic I have posted? If so, how was it removed? I am afraid if I get a hole drilled in the door jamb, the brace will still be in the way. Also if I have the interior panel taken out, I risk them messing stuff up and scratching it or it not going back in together right. Can you access it through the door striker if you take that off?
im wondering the samething about my passenger side door crease dent. people who park in trucks need to be more careful.
Old 07-22-2009, 11:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hmm where in ny are you
Old 07-23-2009, 12:40 AM
SL Member

I am in Rockland County...near Westchester County and the Tappan Zee Bridge, the Palisades Center Mall...Nyack bars, about 45 mins northwest of NYC...

I know it could be removed but my issue is the access point which to remove it in that location...drill a hole in the door jamb, take out the interior, go through the striker, I don't know what braces are there and if removing the interior pieces in the rear will even help or not...I also don't want to drill a hole and find out there is a brace in the way, so I have a hole for no reason.

Like I said the ones on the bodyline are done. I am just having issues with the location of the crease dent.
Old 07-23-2009, 05:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I had a ding about 6" further back on that rear quarter panel repaired this week.

The guy didn't drill any holes (thankfully) and I'm pretty sure he didn't even remove the interior panels.... I think he might have tugged on the outside using glue sticks, or slipped the curved metal tool just between the panels.
Old 07-30-2009, 07:58 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by kileil
I had a ding about 6" further back on that rear quarter panel repaired this week.

The guy didn't drill any holes (thankfully) and I'm pretty sure he didn't even remove the interior panels.... I think he might have tugged on the outside using glue sticks, or slipped the curved metal tool just between the panels.
Thanks for letting me know but you can't just slip a curved metal tool in between the panels that wouldn't do anything. Maybe he went through the rear wheel well for yours because it was further back since no holes are drilled. Could you find out how he definitely did it?

I have talked to around 10 PDR guys, it seems like none of them know the specific structure and location of the braces on the tC or the interior structure.

The summary of what I am hearing is my choices are either have a dent drilled in the door jamb and hope the brace isn't in the way (if it is in the way they cannot fix the dent this way and then just have to plug up the hole with a silicone plug and then I got a hole drilled in my car for nothing
OR
pay to get the interior panels removed (which i think requires removing the back seat too) and then hope it could be removed this way). There is still a chance that they couldnt access it this way because it is so close to the door. Then I would have the interior removed for no reason and risk getting things scratched or broken or clips broken or lost when it is removed.
A dent like this will not worth with any dry ice or liquid air and a hair dryer because it is a crease.

SOMEONE has to have had a dent in the same location on here and knows how to remove it. OR SOMEONE has to know if there is a brace that is blocking the area if a hole is drilled. Does ANYONE have any references of pics or even diagrams or schematics that shows the structure of the tC with panels removed on the outside (quarter panel removed) or inside.

I am trying to avoid having holes drilled for no reason or a whole interior taken apart for no reason. I am trying to find out the best way to remove this and not have to hear well you just have to try and see what happens. Which is what I am being told.

Reference the pics up above. The bodyline no longer has any dings. It has been fixed. I am only referring to the crease dent on the rear quarter panel. Thank you to anyone who posts in here and takes your time to help me with any info.
Old 08-01-2009, 03:48 AM
SL Member

bump, anyone? Help will be greatly appreciated.
Old 08-01-2009, 06:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I dunno man, just stop by a few shops and ask if they can take it out. I had 4 dings taken out of my car at a Dent Wizard for only about $115.

Worst case: take out your back seat and that panel, then take it to the shop.

Git er done!
Old 09-27-2009, 05:26 AM
SL Member

Originally Posted by sciontcmm
Thanks for letting me know but you can't just slip a curved metal tool in between the panels that wouldn't do anything. Maybe he went through the rear wheel well for yours because it was further back since no holes are drilled. Could you find out how he definitely did it?

I have talked to around 10 PDR guys, it seems like none of them know the specific structure and location of the braces on the tC or the interior structure.

The summary of what I am hearing is my choices are either have a dent drilled in the door jamb and hope the brace isn't in the way (if it is in the way they cannot fix the dent this way and then just have to plug up the hole with a silicone plug and then I got a hole drilled in my car for nothing
OR
pay to get the interior panels removed (which i think requires removing the back seat too) and then hope it could be removed this way). There is still a chance that they couldnt access it this way because it is so close to the door. Then I would have the interior removed for no reason and risk getting things scratched or broken or clips broken or lost when it is removed.
A dent like this will not worth with any dry ice or liquid air and a hair dryer because it is a crease.

SOMEONE has to have had a dent in the same location on here and knows how to remove it. OR SOMEONE has to know if there is a brace that is blocking the area if a hole is drilled. Does ANYONE have any references of pics or even diagrams or schematics that shows the structure of the tC with panels removed on the outside (quarter panel removed) or inside.

I am trying to avoid having holes drilled for no reason or a whole interior taken apart for no reason. I am trying to find out the best way to remove this and not have to hear well you just have to try and see what happens. Which is what I am being told.

Reference the pics up above. The bodyline no longer has any dings. It has been fixed. I am only referring to the crease dent on the rear quarter panel. Thank you to anyone who posts in here and takes your time to help me with any info.
Bump. Please read above.