Notices
Scion tC 1G Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

eBay Issue!!! Need Help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 10:14 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

Trader
SL Member

patience is a virtue.
Old 04-28-2009, 03:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Could be that he shipped it and is out of town, on vacation, sick, etc. Give it time to arrive.
Old 04-28-2009, 03:40 AM
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Old 04-28-2009, 03:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Default Re: eBay Issue!!! Need Help!!!

Originally Posted by dang_khoa84
Hey guys,

Anyone in here ever buy stuff on eBay and the seller doesn't deliver the item to you? I bought the lip spoiler on eBay from an individual seller...and his feedback is 100% out of 42....i got it for a really good deal!!!...anywayzzz i paid for the item 4/22....email the guy since...still no response....i don't know what's going on. What should I do? Should I report it to eBay? or PayPal? I know there is a protection thing with PapPay if you paid the item through them which I did. Any advice? thanks guys
As an eBay PowerSeller there are a few courses of action you may take. If you feel as if you've tried to communicate with the seller and he wasn't responded in a reasonable amount of time you can start the PayPal resolution process. Upon initiating the dispute it will go into a simple moderation fashion where you will communicate with the seller through PayPal. During this time your funds have been placed on hold during the process so the seller can't withdraw them to his bank account. If before 30 days you haven't received your item you can escalate the item to a dispute.

PayPal is an eBay company so they are essentially one in the same. Remember someone with 42 feedbacks isn't a regular eBay seller so he might not have had time to ship out the item.

If he does screw you over, say you don't get the item at all then PayPal will reimburse you. If he sends you a rock in a box, you can switch the complaint over to item received is significantly different in which case PayPal will have you ship the item back and you will be refunded once it is delivered. If all else fails you file a chargeback complaint with your credit card holder and they will recoup the expenses on your behalf dealing directly with PayPal and the seller.

If you start the dispute process do not cancel the dispute until you receive the item. Once a dispute has been canceled it cannot be reopened, just remember that.
Old 04-28-2009, 04:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

I'm pretty impatient too, but like you I get heated when someone communicates perfectly fine till they get my money then they suddenly have somewhere better to be.

Listen to ecko, he seems to know what hes talking about

Powerseller @ 22, decently done. I've known a couple people who are sellers for a living but it's too much work for me. I HATE shipping stuff out and dealing with people.
Old 04-28-2009, 02:28 PM

Default Re: eBay Issue!!! Need Help!!!

Originally Posted by ecko04

As an eBay PowerSeller there are a few courses of action you may take. If you feel as if you've tried to communicate with the seller and he wasn't responded in a reasonable amount of time you can start the PayPal resolution process. Upon initiating the dispute it will go into a simple moderation fashion where you will communicate with the seller through PayPal. During this time your funds have been placed on hold during the process so the seller can't withdraw them to his bank account. If before 30 days you haven't received your item you can escalate the item to a dispute.

PayPal is an eBay company so they are essentially one in the same. Remember someone with 42 feedbacks isn't a regular eBay seller so he might not have had time to ship out the item.

If he does screw you over, say you don't get the item at all then PayPal will reimburse you. If he sends you a rock in a box, you can switch the complaint over to item received is significantly different in which case PayPal will have you ship the item back and you will be refunded once it is delivered. If all else fails you file a chargeback complaint with your credit card holder and they will recoup the expenses on your behalf dealing directly with PayPal and the seller.

If you start the dispute process do not cancel the dispute until you receive the item. Once a dispute has been canceled it cannot be reopened, just remember that.
Thanks a lot. I 'd definitely used your advice if it had to come to that.
Old 05-01-2009, 03:10 PM

I just received it!!! By the way I got the scion OEM lip spoiler for $70....can you believe that? I still think it wouldn't be possible....but anyways it's gonna cost me an 55 to get it install at the dealer...at the end it still an awesome bargain.
Old 05-01-2009, 03:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fresh Crew
SL Member

See patience young grasshopper
Old 05-01-2009, 04:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by dang_khoa84
I just received it!!! By the way I got the scion OEM lip spoiler for $70....can you believe that? I still think it wouldn't be possible....but anyways it's gonna cost me an 55 to get it install at the dealer...at the end it still an awesome bargain.
$55 to install at the dealer? Doesn't it just stick with some 3M tape?