Notices
Scion tC 1G Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

Fake front air-intakes

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2007, 08:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I took that and my splash shields off to cool down tires for autoxin or track use.

I guess it helps lmao
Old 01-19-2007, 08:32 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Dr_Isotope
A vacuum does not suck.

"vacuum; 2. A region of space having extremely low gas pressure relative to surrounding pressure. The air pump of a vacuum cleaner, for example, drastically reduces the air pressure inside the device, creating a vacuum; the pressure difference causes air to rush into it, carrying dust and debris along with it."
wait a minute...

Suction: 2. the force that, by a pressure differential, attracts a substance or object to the region of lower pressure.

I'm pretty sure vacuums DO suck. I mean...create suction via vacuum...hence the name.

Just kidding Nice intake
Old 01-19-2007, 09:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Hyghgynx
Doc Iso: Don't even waste your time and energy. It's not worth it. TRUST ME.

Why anybody would dig up a thread that is over year old and start an argument is obviously bored and/or mentally challenged. Maybe he's going for the "Most Threads Locked Down In a Week By a Poster" Award.

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...light=#2220638

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...r=asc&&start=0

Nice!
yeah, don't waste your time having a spirited discussion exploring the benefits/detriments of various tc intake systems.

We should just all take whatever doc I says for granted. Whatever he says, its true.

In case you ignored my posts, I said i totally respect Doc I's R&D, ingenuity, and time and energy he put into developing his system. Really some good stuff to build on there. But thats just it, its not teh BE ALL AND END ALL of tc intake systems. Theres more than one way to skin a cat.

Thats the problem with the forums imo. One person comes up with an idea, then everyone else jumps on the bandwagon and starts swingin from that guys love sack. To the point that, if ANYONE other than DOC I has opinions/suggestions or god forbid, a different system with similar results, they are automatically wrong.

Do you think People stopped doing R&D on tc turbo kits after the Turbonetics kit came out?? No. Then why would you not want to further explore different setups for a NA tc's intake system.

This is the very nature of tuning. IMPROVING UPON ALREADY EXISTING ideas. Yes, DOC i's system is good. All i was EVER saying was that i think its not PERFECT (yet) and there is certainly room for improvement.

JEsus, if it weren't for people like me who don't SETTLE for the standard status quo, We would all still think the world is flat.

I'm not taking anything away from DOC i. Its just not realistic to believe that he has more knowledge and wisdom about designing intake systems than anyone in the world.

As i said, i initially used his blueprint for my own intake system. And they're not all that different, save for a few minor modifications (mainly, leaving the false grill in tact and swiss cheesing it).

Doc- If you think leaving the false grill intact is a make-or-break factor for a tc's intake system....then you don't know as much as you think.

Don't get me wrong, you definitely are respected...but i just think you fell in love with your own idea a bit too much. Causing you to be blinded to or ignore other setups, options, etc...

You're arguing semantics here. OUr intake system designs are practically the same.

and the bottom line is: Without FI, there really isn't really a way to drastically improve the performance of the stock intakes system. Its mostly all cosmetic or perceived gains.

EVer hear of the Placebo effect?
Old 01-19-2007, 09:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by iamcurt
Originally Posted by Dr_Isotope
A vacuum does not suck.

"vacuum; 2. A region of space having extremely low gas pressure relative to surrounding pressure. The air pump of a vacuum cleaner, for example, drastically reduces the air pressure inside the device, creating a vacuum; the pressure difference causes air to rush into it, carrying dust and debris along with it."
wait a minute...

Suction: 2. the force that, by a pressure differential, attracts a substance or object to the region of lower pressure.

I'm pretty sure vacuums DO suck. I mean...create suction via vacuum...hence the name.

Just kidding Nice intake
yup.

and yup. except for the elephant trunk. Lighten up doc. I don't know why people take stuff on the internet so seriously. Who cares if it looks like an elephants trunk?? if you like it, isn't that all that matters.

Jesus, how arrogant do you have to be to think that you are above being joked with or kidded about your intake. You're a human being. No different than any of the rest of us. You're poop smells just like mine. And you have to be able to accept the fact that not everyone in the world will always agreee with you...and yes, some may even criticize/poke fun of your ideas. Get over it.
Old 01-19-2007, 09:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One
SL Member

Originally Posted by Hyghgynx
Doc Iso: Don't even waste your time and energy. It's not worth it. TRUST ME.

Why anybody would dig up a thread that is over year old and start an argument is obviously bored and/or mentally challenged. Maybe he's going for the "Most Threads Locked Down In a Week By a Poster" Award.

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...light=#2220638

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...r=asc&&start=0

Nice!
I think you forgot one. :D

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...=asc&&start=20
Old 01-19-2007, 11:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

oh if only i was a mod.. lol
Old 01-20-2007, 01:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

welcome to scion life...where if you don't agree with everyone else....then you can gtfo. ROFL....

Heil Doc Isotope!
Old 01-20-2007, 02:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Can someone explain in simpler terms how removing a piece of plastic could possibly increase drag?
Old 01-20-2007, 04:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One
SL Member

Originally Posted by 1SXETC
welcome to scion life...where if you don't agree with everyone else....then you can gtfo. ROFL....

Heil Doc Isotope!
More like, "Welcome to Scion Life...where if you come off as an all knowing, arrogant a******, the usuals put you in your place."

:D

Thank you, have a nice day.
Old 01-20-2007, 06:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by captainlaziness

Heil Doc Isotope!
More like, "Welcome to Scion Life...where if you come off as an all knowing, arrogant a******, the usuals put you in your place."

nicely put.
Old 01-20-2007, 04:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by captainlaziness

Heil Doc Isotope!

haha. once again your arrogance leads you to make incorrect assumptions.

FYI i probably was on SL before you, as i became a member shortly after i got my car in sept 04. however, i got tired of all the BS on here and i cancelled my account. but i've been quietly observing and i KNOW exactly what goes on in here.

Just because you see my avatar you jump to the conclusion that i'm a noob. Don't be fooled again. i know tc's as well or better than anyone in here.

and by usuals, you mean, people who have nothing better to do than troll the forums all day? okay. who cares if you're a "usual" on an internet forum or not. Doesn't mean a single thing.

ibtl
Old 01-20-2007, 07:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One
SL Member

Old 01-20-2007, 08:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

is this the part where we all post smiley faces? Goody!
Old 01-21-2007, 04:46 AM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

FYI i probably was on SL before you, as i became a member shortly after i got my car in sept 04. however, i got tired of all the BS on here and i cancelled my account. but i've been quietly observing and i KNOW exactly what goes on in here.
Trust me, it was much nicer when you were quietly observing.

Tone it down a notch - there is no need to be aggressively obnoxious at every opportunity.

Thanks!
Tomas
Old 01-21-2007, 04:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Tomas
was it also nicer when women weren't allowed to vote and racial segregation was commonplace??

Old 01-21-2007, 05:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Tomas

Tone it down a notch - there is no need to be aggressively obnoxious at every opportunity.
Somebody hasn't read the Rules:

"7. If you receive a warning from a moderator, heed it. Members who ignore moderator warnings will be banned.
-Moderator's decisions are final as they keep this site in check!
-Attacking a moderator is not a good idea! You will pay!"

You need to RELAX! You take everything so defensively. Just because our tCs don't resemble your tC all is wrong? (Ex. stickers on tCs are "ghay"(?), fake front air intakes, etc.) Honestly, I don't even know why you post in these forums...

i will NEVER buy a scion, or probably even a toyota again. well, maybe a toyota. but i warn people about tc's when they ask me about it.

too many hassles/flaws/defects/TSBS--which really are recalls that the manufacturer just isn't legally obligated to tell us about, because they're not safety concerns.

i have news for the manufacturers, a new car that squeaks and rattles is a lemon. SHould be recalled. Unfortunately, toyota/scion would lose SO much money, that theres no way they're ever going to do that. They've sold so many tc's it would take months and millions of dollars to fix every defect with every tc.

Scion-next time, do a little more development and testing before selling and marketing a new product.
If you do not like your tC, then sell it.
Old 04-08-2007, 06:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Wow what an old threat brought back up. lol i had fun reading this. Well this thread came up in my search and i m not trying to change this old thread but if any1 still reads this i have a question. I am also thinking about taking out or drilling holes into that air inlet cover. I m thinking about getting the weapon-r intake with a weapon r ram air kit and juss sticking it in front of near there. What do you guys think?
Old 04-08-2007, 10:58 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by mengsta
Wow what an old threat brought back up. lol i had fun reading this. Well this thread came up in my search and i m not trying to change this old thread but if any1 still reads this i have a question. I am also thinking about taking out or drilling holes into that air inlet cover. I m thinking about getting the weapon-r intake with a weapon r ram air kit and juss sticking it in front of near there. What do you guys think?
I've been thinking about getting that same intake too - best price I've found is 200 - how about you?

But the weapon R intake is a shortram and so I don't think it extends down towards the wheel well like a cai. However, if you're thinking about an injen or other cai, they go down to that area behind the false intake grille so it would be easier to connect it to that grille area.
Old 04-09-2007, 02:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by suvving
I've been thinking about getting that same intake too - best price I've found is 200 - how about you?

But the weapon R intake is a shortram and so I don't think it extends down towards the wheel well like a cai. However, if you're thinking about an injen or other cai, they go down to that area behind the false intake grille so it would be easier to connect it to that grille area.
Well thank you for reading Suvving but yes the WR is a short ram but they do also sell something called a Ram Air kit. It is an extension that straight bolts onto the WR short ram with a flexible piping and at the end it has another filter. this way it still sucks from the short ram filter and the extension filter. practically a cold air with no chance of hydrolocking or a CAI with 2 filters however u want to think about it. it just this hasnt been dynoed and no proven gains, the way it is designed it actually looks like it will make u slower but it does look nice. go ahead and check it out suvving, RAm Air kit by Weapon-R. And whoever does have this already please give me some advice lol. Well hope you can read that im sorry if i have bad grammer still a little too asian for typing.
Old 04-09-2007, 04:15 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by suvving

Well thank you for reading Suvving but yes the WR is a short ram but they do also sell something called a Ram Air kit. It is an extension that straight bolts onto the WR short ram with a flexible piping and at the end it has another filter. this way it still sucks from the short ram filter and the extension filter. practically a cold air with no chance of hydrolocking or a CAI with 2 filters however u want to think about it. it just this hasnt been dynoed and no proven gains, the way it is designed it actually looks like it will make u slower but it does look nice. go ahead and check it out suvving, RAm Air kit by Weapon-R. And whoever does have this already please give me some advice lol. Well hope you can read that im sorry if i have bad grammer still a little too asian for typing.

oh so that's what that ram air kit is! Thanks, I've been watching this thread where they're selling the WR plus the ram air for 200 but I didn't get what the ram air kit actually did: https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...453&highlight=

I really wanna get the WR, but I think i need to limit myself to one more big upgrade this month and I think a scangauge II might be my next upgrade (then the WR of course).