Notices
Scion tC 1G Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

Finally, pics of my car after toying around

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 06:43 AM
SL Member

Default Finally, pics of my car after toying around

Was toying around for the last year on what I wanted to do to my car with something else lettered. Changed it over the other day and put on pin stripes. Did the eyelids but have to redo them with new eyelid vinyl coming in the mail. Hopefully this time around after having watched a DIY video on youtube, I can do it right (didnt watch it before the first time). If that dont work, I'll do polyurethane or fiber eyelids this spring/summer.

Here are the pics!

Old 04-28-2011, 09:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Nice pics, thanks for
Old 04-28-2011, 11:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

WOW.........on another note DAMN your RS5 is high, mine is way lower than that and we have the same springs.

Last edited by thegame7a; 04-28-2011 at 11:59 AM.
Old 04-28-2011, 04:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

All those stickers/pin stripes... are terrible. And your eyelids are crooked. What exactly have you been doing for the last year? Only mod I see are VRDs.
Old 04-28-2011, 06:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

...haha niceee pics dude
Old 04-28-2011, 06:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

so stickers and vrd fogs?

that limited edition emblem is super tacky.
Old 04-28-2011, 06:59 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Do.Not.Like.
Old 04-28-2011, 07:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Im sorry but not a fan of all the stickers and limited edition badge you added.
Old 04-28-2011, 07:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

take off all those nasty stickers bro we dont drive soccer vans
Old 04-29-2011, 02:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The Eye Lids are not crooked...Just one has a Lazy Eye going on.
Old 04-29-2011, 02:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I like the color. Not much of a fan of the stickers that has been put all over though.

Originally Posted by thegame7a
WOW.........on another note DAMN your RS5 is high, mine is way lower than that and we have the same springs.
My TRD springs stayed about that height. Problem solved with adjustable coilovers .
Old 04-29-2011, 03:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Looks like an 8th grader edited the photos with the cheesy "Best Ever" and crap on it. Plus it looks like dooky.
Old 04-29-2011, 03:13 AM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ya know, it may not be what some of you guys would do to your tC, but it's his and it has one thing I appreciate more than anything else: He made it to look good to him, not the cookie-cutter "you gotta do it THIS way to be cool" sort of mods I see way too much of.

Truthfully I'm a bit tired of so many trying to "be different, just like everybody else" that it is actually refreshing to see someone go a different way.

Do your OWN thing, Drew!
Old 04-29-2011, 07:00 AM
SL Member

Originally Posted by thegame7a

Explain that? the car came as it was built w/ the TRD lowering springs. I would think, all of them are set one way when sold. If I can get it lowered more, lemme know! I'll have em do it if it dont cost much. I think there is something about race setting and normal something for something, not sure if its the lowering springs, sway bar or what, haha
Old 04-29-2011, 07:02 AM
SL Member

Originally Posted by kRze
All those stickers/pin stripes... are terrible. And your eyelids are crooked. What exactly have you been doing for the last year? Only mod I see are VRDs.

Congrats you are the first to say terrible. Everyone I come across out on the streets loves it. Especially the pin stripes seeing it matches the car. I know the eye lids were messed up, I took them off and putting on the new ones tomorrow. This time should be able to do it correctly, granted vinyl sucks as many have said in the forums but im running the cheap way first. If this dont work, I'll do the fiber, polyurethane that a few people in the forums recommended.
Old 04-29-2011, 07:09 AM
SL Member

Originally Posted by Tomas
Ya know, it may not be what some of you guys would do to your tC, but it's his and it has one thing I appreciate more than anything else: He made it to look good to him, not the cookie-cutter "you gotta do it THIS way to be cool" sort of mods I see way too much of.

Truthfully I'm a bit tired of so many trying to "be different, just like everybody else" that it is actually refreshing to see someone go a different way.

Do your OWN thing, Drew!

Thank you sir and no I didnt go overboard as I think someone else says. Who cares if I have a batman logo or a carbon fiber gas tank cover that many people have done on their tcs which is VERY UGLY. Has to match the color of the car or the theme of the car. I love batman movies and dark knight is the greatest batman movie ever. Me doing my car the way I do it is no diff from a chick doing her up as girly girl racing or guys doing up there cars with decals all over that say, toyo tires, flowmaster, injen, etc which is SUPER ___. No need to advertise whats on the car. My take is, if you're going to have fun with a car, make it so makes sense and is color matching. Not advertising your car mods like most people do. People that do the entire side decals like racing stripes that take up the whole sides, is lame too. If you're going to do a side thing, do pin stripes, looks cleaner. Which is what I did. I did the eye lids in vinyl and eyebrow to see how it will come out. Once its corrected, ill take another look at it and decide if its for me. They may come off completely, was never sold on it, but took a stab at a CHEAP mod. and no, im not stickering up my car anymore, I love the plain black look for the most part
Old 04-29-2011, 12:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

We advertise our car mods on with stickers? How often do you see that...
Old 04-29-2011, 09:07 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm just posting this comment to say I am going out of my way to NOT say anything rude to mr fast and the furious pin stripe man.

If you're gonna keep it all, lose the limited edition auto zone badge..

Is this batman's recession vehicle?
Old 04-29-2011, 09:48 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Batmans recession vehicle! Now thats funny!

Honestly its not my cup of tea. I think you got to many different things going on. The side stripes are alright. They do match the wheels so thats cool. But the dark knight would work but i think it needs to be in a cooler font! Maybe cursive. It looks to bland in that font. Lose the batman emblem on the gas door and debadge the tC emblem and put it there. Lose the redsox thing on your rear window as it throws the theme off. I understand they are your team but I am sure everyone in the new england states likes them or they get shot. Lose the limited edition thing. Its tacky. You got the Release series plaque in the ride and the TRD release series badge on the hatch. I think the point has been made. I think if you lower it more it would look better as well.

Hey glad you like it but trying to throw some ideas at you to make it more tasteful and cleaner looking
Old 04-30-2011, 12:07 AM
SL Member

Originally Posted by highvoltage1
Batmans recession vehicle! Now thats funny!

Honestly its not my cup of tea. I think you got to many different things going on. The side stripes are alright. They do match the wheels so thats cool. But the dark knight would work but i think it needs to be in a cooler font! Maybe cursive. It looks to bland in that font. Lose the batman emblem on the gas door and debadge the tC emblem and put it there. Lose the redsox thing on your rear window as it throws the theme off. I understand they are your team but I am sure everyone in the new england states likes them or they get shot. Lose the limited edition thing. Its tacky. You got the Release series plaque in the ride and the TRD release series badge on the hatch. I think the point has been made. I think if you lower it more it would look better as well.

Hey glad you like it but trying to throw some ideas at you to make it more tasteful and cleaner looking

So it can be lowered huh. As far as I know, the trd lowering springs can only go so low but thats interesting because Id love it another inch lower or half inch lower. I wanted this car to look low as it would be with a body kit. But obviously, cant really do a body kit when its already lowered, would think it would scrape the ground. Also wanted to debadge the car and take off TC its just a matter of patience to do it and get all the sticky stuff off after the fact. I read some DIY on how to do it, now just the ***** to do it without screwing it up. Maybe right about the batman logo off the gas cap thing haha. As for the red sox thing, its the same as anyone else whether they have yankees, p i ss on something decals, or anything else. which doesnt make it look messy, its pretty normal and clean looking since I choose something that is my liking haha. I think the batman thing might come off all together, that was only a little 10 dollar thing and having dark knight on it, something now comes to tell me, both dont go well together or it just doesnt go well w/ the stripes. thanks for the input!

Quick Reply: Finally, pics of my car after toying around