Notices
Scion tC 1G Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

five axis sideskirts warping

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2010, 12:44 AM
SL Member

Originally Posted by The01Cav
Thank you for the fast response, are you the same Matt Teske from J-body.org as well?
Hey Larry,

Yup, same Matt Teske from the JBO. I'm still in the industry and Five Axis is one of my clients. My Cav still sits in a garage in California completely torn apart. Oh the memories. Anyway, back to the topic.

Regarding the additional photos you just posted, this does closely resemble similar issues of how the kit was prepped and painted due to sitting on a "saw-horse" for drying/curing. I will e-mail you with more specifics of what might help resolve the issue and go from there.

Cheers,

Matt Teske
www.fiveaxis.net
www.fivead.net
Old 06-29-2010, 03:07 AM
Cam
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

damn that sucks guys. iv never seen that before. i have the Vizage ( JP )lip kit which is also poly on my car for about 4 years and it never had those issues. o and poly will crack just not as easy trust me lol.
Old 06-29-2010, 03:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

oh your rear is bad. Where did you buy your kit from?
Old 06-29-2010, 02:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Longo toyota.
Old 06-29-2010, 04:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by Ekset
Hey Larry,

Yup, same Matt Teske from the JBO. I'm still in the industry and Five Axis is one of my clients. My Cav still sits in a garage in California completely torn apart. Oh the memories. Anyway, back to the topic.

Regarding the additional photos you just posted, this does closely resemble similar issues of how the kit was prepped and painted due to sitting on a "saw-horse" for drying/curing. I will e-mail you with more specifics of what might help resolve the issue and go from there.

Cheers,

Matt Teske
www.fiveaxis.net
www.fivead.net
Will e-mail you shortly.
Old 06-29-2010, 08:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

wait my rear looks like that too lulz.
Old 06-30-2010, 06:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

this really makes me reconsider getting the the kit if this is a common thing.

i just really want the front lip and back piece, but if the back warps idk
Old 06-30-2010, 06:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I dont think its warped, it probably comes like that. Well the rear probably does, he also probably just realized it now because of the way his skirts are. The material they used to make this kit is quality. I am buying this kit again Jon. Its that awesome.
Old 07-02-2010, 09:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

interesting.....
Old 07-02-2010, 11:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

to the persons whose rear is sagging:
did you use the tabs supplied to hang the rear? from the looks of it, it looks like you didnt. the rear part is heavy and will do that if theres no support.
Old 07-03-2010, 12:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

on a side note, the 5 axis kit looks great on a WP!!!
Old 07-03-2010, 04:36 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member

Cav I have not had any problems with mine, nor any of the other locals as well (3 others plus me), if you don't don't your supports for the rear, gutter supports work as well! Also the reason that to most likely isn't responding to you trying to jack it up to take it into shape is because during prep and paint the hardeners in the paint make it hold its shape it is in as it dries like Matt was saying...I see no fault here w/ 5a sounds like you need to have a talk with your body shop!
Old 07-08-2010, 08:25 PM
SL Member

Hey All,

Thanks for your patience and for the feedback. We have been doing some research on our end as to what may have caused this issue.

To Larry and Claudia, we will be in-touch shortly with some further info. We simply want to make sure that you are happy with your aero kits.

Cheers,

Matt Teske
Five Axis
www.fiveaxis.net
www.fivead.net
Old 07-08-2010, 09:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I promise you everything was used that was supplied other than the little fiveaxis decals for the sideskirts.

I really feel that the sideskirts should have support tabs just like the oem sideskirts do that use the plastic clips to support the skirt to the rocker panel under the car.

Old 07-09-2010, 08:06 PM
SL Member

Hey All,

Just a heads up for everyone. Five Axis has done a good deal of research on our end regarding the sagging/warping problem on both Larry and Claudia's tC aero kits. Due to the nature of the problem and the circumstances under which the problems have occurred, Five Axis will be offering replacement parts under warranty to these owners.

Larry and Claudia, you will both be contacted via e-mail to arrange the warranty claim.

We are very sorry for the problem, but also want to ensure to do what we can to fix it. Five Axis takes a great deal of pride in the consumer products we produce and also want to ensure that we show our appreciation to those who have supported Five Axis. This includes standing by our products. Thank you again to everyone for the support and feedback regarding this issue and we look to continue to design and produce parts that all Scion owners can enjoy.

Any questions, please feel free to e-mail us at info@fiveaxis.net. Thanks everyone!

Cheers,

Matt Teske
Five Axis/FIVE:AD
www.fiveaxis.net
www.fivead.net
Old 07-09-2010, 09:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Matt and five axis Props for taking care of your customers! It makes me happy to see that there are still honest companies out there willing to take the extra step to help a customer out!
Old 11-23-2010, 05:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by Ekset
Hey All,

Just a heads up for everyone. Five Axis has done a good deal of research on our end regarding the sagging/warping problem on both Larry and Claudia's tC aero kits. Due to the nature of the problem and the circumstances under which the problems have occurred, Five Axis will be offering replacement parts under warranty to these owners.

Larry and Claudia, you will both be contacted via e-mail to arrange the warranty claim.

We are very sorry for the problem, but also want to ensure to do what we can to fix it. Five Axis takes a great deal of pride in the consumer products we produce and also want to ensure that we show our appreciation to those who have supported Five Axis. This includes standing by our products. Thank you again to everyone for the support and feedback regarding this issue and we look to continue to design and produce parts that all Scion owners can enjoy.

Any questions, please feel free to e-mail us at info@fiveaxis.net. Thanks everyone!

Cheers,

Matt Teske
Five Axis/FIVE:AD
www.fiveaxis.net
www.fivead.net
Thanks for taking care of this issue. I appreciate it.