Notices
Scion tC 1G Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

foggy headlights under warranty??

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2008, 09:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default foggy headlights under warranty??

so one time a little while ago i put the headlights in the oven and was gonna bake them open, i took them out and didnt touch them and decided it was gonna be way too risky. Now the thing gets condesnation on it almost every day. If i change all the bulbs to stock and just say i didnt touch it they can replace it right?
Old 07-30-2008, 10:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The bulbs wouldn't matter for warranty claims.

And as long as the headlight doesn't have any evidence of baking or major change you COULD get it covered.
Old 07-30-2008, 11:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

It is a sh!tty thing to do (you partially baking them obviously caused it) and you should pay for your own mistakes.... but technically, yes, if the car has under 36,000 miles on it that would fall under the bumper to bumper warranty.
Old 07-31-2008, 04:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

damn i got 39xxx
Old 07-31-2008, 04:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

serves you right jack@$$. don't mess up your car and then demand toyota fix it for free. stupid pr!cks like you make it harder for people with geniune warranty defects to get covered.

order a new headlamp or pair of headlamps, they are only 135 for 05-07 and about 200 for 08 and up.

and if you plan on going to through with this warranty BS, i'll take the time to actually call all the toyota/scion dealerships in trumbull, CT area and let them know that jake watson messed up his headlights himself and wants toyota to fix them for free.

your warranty covers manufacturer defects, not, owner/operator f*ck ups.
Old 07-31-2008, 04:09 AM

As long as you're under warranty, and the lights don't appear to be messed with, the dealer should cover it.

If you're not under warranty, I say finish what you started man!
Old 07-31-2008, 04:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by draxcaliber
serves you right jack@$$. don't mess up your car and then demand toyota fix it for free. stupid pr!cks like you make it harder for people with geniune warranty defects to get covered.

order a new headlamp or pair of headlamps, they are only 135 for 05-07 and about 200 for 08 and up.

and if you plan on going to through with this warranty BS, i'll take the time to actually call all the toyota/scion dealerships in trumbull, CT area and let them know that jake watson messed up his headlights himself and wants toyota to fix them for free.

your warranty covers manufacturer defects, not, owner/operator f*ck ups.
alright @S$sshole calm the hell down it was a simple question. i didnt mess it up i decided not to bake them cause i didnt want to try and mess them up, i'll just reseal them, what the hell is ur deal u have a bad lunch or something?? i never thought anything bad of u ever and now ur just an A$Shole in my book

yeah i shoiuldnt have done it but i just asked cause i recently read that someone got theirs replaces alright, jesus

i didnt mess up my car and im not demanding anything out of anybody. ill reseal them and that';ll be that, but if i was capable of getting a brand new one, why wouldnt i take advantage of it?

u really are an @S$hole