Notices
Scion tC 1G Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

Front license plate holes....

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2005, 04:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

thanks for all the info guys.. I'm getting my car xpel'd this weekend... So I guess I'll just leave it as 2 holes for now.
Old 07-15-2005, 04:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Bumper Plugs installed:

Old 07-15-2005, 04:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I don't suppose you have any other angles or closer shots of those - they look funny from here but I think it's just the sun or something. Nice blacked out logo too. But those fog lights... Dammit Scion! Put those things in the little side holes where they're supposed to go!
Old 07-15-2005, 04:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

As requested

Old 07-15-2005, 04:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I've gotta say, that looks pretty nice. Makes me want to take my front plates off. If you're getting away with it in Cali, I could probably do the same in Washington. I wish I knew what the fine was if I got busted for it. Mostly though I think it just makes cops less sympathetic to you if they do pull you over. I drive mostly in Seattle so I think that the odds of getting busted for that are lower than some places, but still... too bad it's illegal - looks so good...
Old 07-15-2005, 04:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I got a front plate ticket in my camaro a while back, but it was only a $25 fix it ticket. Ive also found that if I get pulled over for something BS, they will give me a fix it ticket instead of a real ticket.

You do have to modify the bumper plugs to get them to fit. The holes were too small so I ended up cutting off most of the bumper plug and used silocone adhesive to keep them on.
Old 07-15-2005, 05:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It says on the site that you might have to drill the holes a little bigger to make them fit - they're suppsed to be like 1/4" or something. I don't care about a $25 ticket, but I don't want to get stopped because I've got no plate, especially since I'm going to tint the windows a bit - for some reason cops just dislike cars that have thing done to them, even if they're pretty stock on the outside.
Old 07-15-2005, 06:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Here's an old tech article for those who might be interested

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=16228
Old 07-15-2005, 06:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The nice thing about a bracket like the one listed above or the one you can buy (in the beginning of this post) is that you could leave it off most of the time, but then throw it on for a big roadtrip or something. I could see myself going that route, but I don't think I'm ready to blow like $40 on a bracket and plugs for a license plate right now - I'm scraping together airplane ticket money and I think it's time to stop wasting it on car stuff
Old 07-16-2005, 03:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by The Instigator
I got a front plate ticket in my camaro a while back, but it was only a $25 fix it ticket. Ive also found that if I get pulled over for something BS, they will give me a fix it ticket instead of a real ticket.
Since I'm paying for kinda expensive insurance I was wondering if the "fix-it" ticket goes onto our driving records? I don't want my insurance company finding out about it. Right now my front plate is not even on because I still didn't have my issued lisense plate yet from the DMV. I was thinking of going JDM style by placing my lisense plate with the relocator opposite of the driver's side attaching it to the lower grille. I know it will look way better without it though. Probably the other illegal thing I will also be doing is tinitng my front windows was thinking of 35% or 50%.

Oh yea, iowagary, you're so right about cops profiling cars with mods. My friend got stopped the other day for "attempting to race".. that's so BS! He was going at the limit too at a car meet.
Old 07-16-2005, 03:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well to set you at ease Catalepsic, I'm pretty darn sure that fix it tickets, just like parking tickets, aren't moving violations so your insurance doesn't find out about it. That's not really a concern. I think the biggest problem is that if you get pulled over because the cop doesn't like the fact that your windows are tinted and/or your plate is missing, you're probably coming away with a ticket, even if you're just barely speeding. I don't think you get a lot of warnings that way. On the other hand, looking bone stock with the plates on, I've managed to get two warnings withouth one ticket up here. I guess it just depends how careful you are.