Notices
Scion tC 1G Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

HID Brightness...

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 02:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Yanki01
Originally Posted by 07blackedouttc
my 12k are brighter than lexus and bmw hid projectors
You must be seeing something because their is no possible way your pink lights are brighter than an OE HID vehicle.
at least i dont have high beam bulbs rigged into my lows!
Old 12-11-2007, 02:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The only HID kit that I would even think about buying...and did, is the Mobile HID. They have a relay and an inline fuse. If you run the HIDs from your stock harness, you are asking for trouble
Old 12-11-2007, 02:30 AM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Never had ANY trouble from my HID kits because they didn't use a relay. I am absolutely certain a relay with my HID kit is not necessary.
Old 12-11-2007, 02:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Sushi
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scion Evolution

Your newbness to HID shows with that statement.

Please do some research, if you don't believe me. The reason your lights shine further is because the lights are not focused properly, shooting too high with lotsa glare. All the light being emitted is shooting into oncomming drivers' eyes, and not on the road in front of you. Correctly aimed beams in OEM projectors are not blinding, not because they aren't bright, but rather because the lights are aimed right. Unless you are running an HID projector retrofit with some kind of freak double wattage HID system @ 12K, you cannot best an OEM 4.3 application. It's impossible by the laws of physics. The higher the temperature, the less lumen output. Don't let glare fool you. I'll put my high beams on and blind you, but I promise you my HID low beams are brighter.

And be ready for a ticket, if you have as much glare as you claim, you will pulled over in due time.
Old 12-11-2007, 02:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Premium Member

sure lets see it
you just dont get it.
You must be seeing something because their is no possible way your pink lights are brighter than an OE HID vehicle.
at least i dont have high beam bulbs rigged into my lows!
hey, better output than your candle lit HIDs, and i actually dont have them in anymore. Im awaiting for my retro to arrive! :D
Old 12-11-2007, 02:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Premium Member

Originally Posted by djct_watt
Your newbness to HID shows with that statement.

Please do some research, if you don't believe me. The reason your lights shine further is because the lights are not focused properly, shooting too high with lotsa glare. All the light being emitted is shooting into oncomming drivers' eyes, and not on the road in front of you. Correctly aimed beams in OEM projectors are not blinding, not because they aren't bright, but rather because the lights are aimed right. Unless you are running an HID projector retrofit with some kind of freak double wattage HID system @ 12K, you cannot best an OEM 4.3 application. It's impossible by the laws of physics. The higher the temperature, the less lumen output. Don't let glare fool you. I'll put my high beams on and blind you, but I promise you my HID low beams are brighter.

And be ready for a ticket, if you have as much glare as you claim, you will pulled over in due time.
finally someone with some education in HIDs
Old 12-11-2007, 02:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Oznium_com
Never had ANY trouble from my HID kits because they didn't use a relay. I am absolutely certain a relay with my HID kit is not necessary.

if 250-450 bucks is a risk your willing to take to back up your product up? that means if i buy one from you and my harness becomes toast you will buy me a new one plus install from the dealer?

if so pm me and I'll take the challenge
Old 12-11-2007, 02:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Sushi
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scion Evolution

Education not required. You just have to know how to read. This info is COMMON knowledge for the HID community, about as common as putting has in a gas tank... The reason why EVERYONE idolizes an OEM projector swap. In fact we hate clowns who don't adjust their beams and blind everyone. It's why hid modification is illegal; because of these inconsiderate people who refuse to research. A well aimed hid system, better yet a retrofit, is perfectly safe.
Old 12-11-2007, 02:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Sushi
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scion Evolution

A relay is not necessary, but is good insurance, when it's such a cheap part.
Old 12-11-2007, 02:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Education not required. You just have to know how to read. This info is COMMON knowledge for the HID community, about as common as putting has in a gas tank... The reason why EVERYONE idolizes an OEM projector swap. In fact we hate clowns who don't adjust their beams and blind everyone. It's why hid modification is illegal; because of these inconsiderate people who refuse to research. A well aimed hid system, better yet a retrofit, is perfectly safe.
That's exactly the reason I swapped in 08 headlights BEFORE I put in my HIDs.
Old 12-11-2007, 02:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i like my texon hid kit. texonstore.com great service great product. they're stationed in jersey 10 min away from me
Old 12-11-2007, 02:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

RELAYS...

... don't go HID without them
Old 12-11-2007, 02:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

djct_watt
Old 12-11-2007, 02:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

not bright?
That's not bright, that's glare. Everyone knows that the higher in temp you go (after 4300K), the less visibility output there is. 4300K is optimal, which is what comes standard on all vehicles with HID's.
Old 12-11-2007, 03:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

well i want a headlight brighter than stock. and i work at h bodyshop so my lights will be adjusted properly. and i like the look of the blue of the 10000k
Old 12-11-2007, 03:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Premium Member

Originally Posted by 06tcdude
well i want a headlight brighter than stock. and i work at h bodyshop so my lights will be adjusted properly. and i like the look of the blue of the 10000k
blue will get you tickets real quick. Stick with something under 6k for PnP kits.
Old 12-11-2007, 03:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

blue will get you tickets real quick. Stick with something under 6k for PnP kits.
x2. I got 6000K and they've got enough color in them to please. 10,000K are not brighter than stock, lol.
Old 12-11-2007, 03:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Sushi
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by ExpresScion
That's exactly the reason I swapped in 08 headlights BEFORE I put in my HIDs.
Not to sound mean, but that doesn't mean diddly squat. 08 projectors were designed for.... HALOGEN bulbs. It's not the same thing! Even if you majically had the same curvature lens, the cutoff and the bulb aiming is not the same. I forget the exact specifics of it, but the way they burn is completely different, this how you reflect and refract the light is different. If i'm not mistaken, the only light emitting part of a halogen bulb is the filament. The gas is used to control the temperature and chemical properties of the metal. With an hid bulb, there is no filament, just an arc or electricity, which ignites the gas, and the entire bulb. And with a PnP kit, the light is not going to be placed EXACTLY were that filament was located. Even if it were, the bulb's shape and the gas location is all wrong.

Furthermore, I recall the 08 projectors having a very weird cutoff, that only further proves my point. Whether or not the 07- lights are better than the 08+ .... I have no idea, I'd have to compare the cutoff's side by side. But that guy up there is claiming that his 12K lights are superior and brighter than OEM applications. He's definitely wrong, even if he used 08 projectors. In fact even with 4.3K in 08 projectors, he'd still be wrong. In fact, even with 12K in an OEM retrofit, he'd STILL be wrong. But I don't thing (and hope) that YOU are making any of those claims.
Old 12-11-2007, 03:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

well then if they dont work, or look bad, or i get pulled over, ill just unplug them and put the stock bulbs back in. i have a few friends with blue/purple/green/red HIDs and they havent had any prob. im not goin for the safer brighter style, im goin for the look. and san antonio cops are real relaxed,
Old 12-11-2007, 03:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Premium Member

well then if they dont work, or look bad, or i get pulled over, ill just unplug them and put the stock bulbs back in. i have a few friends with blue/purple/green/red HIDs and they havent had any prob. im not goin for the safer brighter style, im goin for the look. and san antonio cops are real relaxed
false, bunch of d*cks!

Quick Reply: HID Brightness...