Notices
Scion tC 1G Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

HID Brightness...

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 03:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

they have been nice to me and my friends. and as far as here, houston and corpus, i have had the least slack from them in san antonio
Old 12-11-2007, 03:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Sushi
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by 07blackedouttc
not bright?

Oh snap! My 60 watt halogen in my room is brighter than your HID's!!!!

Let me zoom out a bit for you.

Oh snap! Still brighter!

Oh snap!!!!! Even my candle is brighter! These pics REALLY must be proof of brightness. Oh geez. Time to install candles in my headlights!
Old 12-11-2007, 03:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^^ haha
Old 12-11-2007, 03:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Sushi
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by 06tcdude
well then if they dont work, or look bad, or i get pulled over, ill just unplug them and put the stock bulbs back in. i have a few friends with blue/purple/green/red HIDs and they havent had any prob. im not goin for the safer brighter style, im goin for the look. and san antonio cops are real relaxed,
If you're going for looks, then it is up to you. Just don't make any bogus B.S. claims that they're the brightest lights in the world.

And please please aim them to minimize glare. . . which is all but impossible, but do try. Getting the majority of the lights in spec won't be hard, but if you aim them at night, you'll see a very large glare area that will be all but impossible to reduce. If you fiddle with them long enough, you can minimize it to some degree.
Old 12-11-2007, 03:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by djct_watt
Originally Posted by ExpresScion
Education not required. You just have to know how to read. This info is COMMON knowledge for the HID community, about as common as putting has in a gas tank... The reason why EVERYONE idolizes an OEM projector swap. In fact we hate clowns who don't adjust their beams and blind everyone. It's why hid modification is illegal; because of these inconsiderate people who refuse to research. A well aimed hid system, better yet a retrofit, is perfectly safe.
That's exactly the reason I swapped in 08 headlights BEFORE I put in my HIDs.

Furthermore, I recall the 08 projectors having a very weird cutoff, that only further proves my point. Whether or not the 07- lights are better than the 08+ .... I have no idea, I'd have to compare the cutoff's side by side.
You weren't being mean, and I've seen HIDs in both 07 and 08 housings...the 07s create so much more glare. Even if my 08's have a weird cut off, I'd consider that better than a huge glare that blinds other drivers and looks horrible.
Old 12-11-2007, 04:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

^^ I tried to add but my camera is retarded and it just overpowers the light, and I really have no clue how to adjust exposure and all that stuff.
So I add this.

STILL brighter.
Old 12-11-2007, 04:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Sushi
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scion Evolution

The rest of my post holds true though. . . it still won't compare to OEM HID projectors.

Do you have any pics of the CUTOFF of the 08's. I've been very interested myself.
Old 12-11-2007, 04:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Sushi
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scion Evolution

last pic from me regarding capturing glare with a camera.

According to the "evidence," my candle must be brighter than the brightest light on earth. Look and compare for yourself!

VS.

Old 12-11-2007, 04:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Premium Member

the 08s were better than i thought but still your typical halogen projector. No spread on the cutoff, just right in the middle. As soon as they came out, people were drooling over them and wanting to put HIDs in them. Yea their better than the 05-07s for HIDs because of the obvious no glare but still wont ever compare to a retro. Yes, the 08s do have glare aswell!
Old 12-11-2007, 04:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Sushi
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scion Evolution

Thanks for the info Yanki!
Old 12-11-2007, 04:16 AM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by freeflowing
Originally Posted by Oznium_com
Never had ANY trouble from my HID kits because they didn't use a relay. I am absolutely certain a relay with my HID kit is not necessary.
if 250-450 bucks is a risk your willing to take to back up your product up? that means if i buy one from you and my harness becomes toast you will buy me a new one plus install from the dealer?

if so pm me and I'll take the challenge
Yes, I'm 100% confident, even if $250-$450 is at risk. You won't need a new harness!

Back up the product - of course! See recent topic: Open letter of apology to a valued customer - Oznium.com
Old 12-11-2007, 01:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey - so after all of these arguments, I still didn't hear what I was looking for. For a 6000k application, are certain companies brighter than others? Is there a true difference between the lumen output of company 1 compared to company 2? I know temperature will have varying outputs, but I'm trying to figure out if different products have a difference....

Old 12-11-2007, 04:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The rest of my post holds true though. . . it still won't compare to OEM HID projectors.

Do you have any pics of the CUTOFF of the 08's. I've been very interested myself.
I'll see if I can get some when it gets dark tonight.
Old 12-11-2007, 07:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Sushi
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by Chichum
Hey - so after all of these arguments, I still didn't hear what I was looking for. For a 6000k application, are certain companies brighter than others? Is there a true difference between the lumen output of company 1 compared to company 2? I know temperature will have varying outputs, but I'm trying to figure out if different products have a difference....

Well, the lumen output should be determined by the arc temperature, bulb design, gas content and purity, and housing design. And since not all kits are identical, I imagine that the output is not going to be identical. But since lumen output is so high on HID systems, personally, I'd worry more about quality and life than lumens.
Old 12-13-2007, 02:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by freeflowing
Never had ANY trouble from my HID kits because they didn't use a relay. I am absolutely certain a relay with my HID kit is not necessary.
if 250-450 bucks is a risk your willing to take to back up your product up? that means if i buy one from you and my harness becomes toast you will buy me a new one plus install from the dealer?

if so pm me and I'll take the challenge
Yes, I'm 100% confident, even if $250-$450 is at risk. You won't need a new harness!

Back up the product - of course! See recent topic: Open letter of apology to a valued customer - Oznium.com

waiting on that pm ........words mean nothing nor do threads of somebodies apology for flying off the hook..to give credit it show you do take problem customsers face seriously never the less

. i need an explicit warranty that protects my ride from claims being made your company about not needing a relay plus harness. & what happens if the product is the prime suspect.the pro's of the retrofitting world know how much oem current manufacturers draw around 75 to 85 watts during start-up which you can use OHMS law to figure the current. if halogens draw for the most part 45-55 watts then what do you think happens when you use 75 watts on 14 gauge wiring? so now the burden the proof falls on you if make such claims. Because i have this as proof from a scion life member on this site

to make this claim your ballast would have to draw near halogen bulb current during initial startup of the ballast. i would love to believe you and so please prove me wrong so i can fork over my cash... so how about ...... a nice side by comparison video that shows the voltage + current measurement during startup of halogen vs HID along with a spec sheet because there is zero info of specs on you website.

If and when you decide to this pm me and if it seems credible i will not only buy i will promote your among my car club buddies plus them towards you product.

btw im going to buy the 3rd brake soon
Old 12-13-2007, 03:55 AM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I am not going to send any PM's. We can discuss it all right here.

Ok, how about this for your explicit warranty: If your harness ends up looking like that from our HID kit, I'll refund the entire order amount and pay replacement costs for a new harness/wiring, plus $50 an hour for your time.
Old 12-13-2007, 04:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have been running these for over a year in my tc... no problems...

Bump for Phil and Oznium!
Old 12-13-2007, 04:15 AM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I have been running Oznium 8K HID's for over a year now and have not had a single problem with them..... Well, none other than people asking where I got them.......

Myself and other members in my club love the HID's and will always support Oznium and there products........
Old 12-13-2007, 04:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Bump for awesome products and superb customer service! I run a ton of Oznium products on my xB and have never had a problem.

Old 12-13-2007, 04:24 AM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

True dat!

So many people have ran our HID kit with no problems if installed correctly (and a relay is NOT required)!

I have never seen our HID kit burn out someone's harness.

Quick Reply: HID Brightness...