Notices
Scion tC 1G Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

HIT AND RUN

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2005, 07:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default HIT AND RUN

well this happened about two weeks ago at cal poly, and i finally got to loading the pics. well the toyota body shop said it would cost 1600 because you have to paint the whole rear panel, touch up the rear bumper, and pull alot of dents... damn that scion sparkle.

Old 12-13-2005, 08:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Grrrr I hate people who dont have the integrity to fess up and at least leave a note with a phone number or something to call them.

I had a 98 Neon RT that someone hit. They must of did it as they were backing out and turned too sharp and rubbed a bumper into my rear quarter panel. Pushed in so far that the metal at the bottom of the dent was ripped, so there was a crack into my trunk. Oh well, the engine threw a rod at 118k miles and left a nice hole in the block. Never got it fixed, traded it in as is to dealer(or I should have said towed in haha) for a 02 Tacoma w/TRD package, which I traded in 6 months ago for my tC.
Old 12-13-2005, 08:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

sigh, i am a victim of a hit and run incident too. happened the week of thankgiving week... my car's been in the shop for two weeks now... longer than what they told me it would be. called them again today and the guy gave me the run around. if anybody ever need to go to a shop, don't go to american paint and body in clairemont mesa. i am going to call aaa and complain about them since they are part of aaa's associated partners or something.
Old 12-13-2005, 08:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well, im not getting my car fixed till summer... i plan to kit it, and will get the whole car painted a normal black, not with the sparkle
Old 12-13-2005, 11:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Sushi
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scion Evolution

If you want a temporary fix (so you don't reel in pain everytime you see the car), you can do the magic marker fix. It works.

Clean and buff out the area, and use a black permanent market with the flat wedge style tip. Try not to write on the paint, since I don't know if it will damage the paint at all (but hey, you're repainting anyway). Eitherway, the less you use, the better. It's only to cover up the missing paint/white scratches.
Old 12-13-2005, 11:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Sushi
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scion Evolution

And you'll have to re-apply every week or so, depending on rain, but it only takes about 2 minutes to do.
Old 12-13-2005, 04:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ah, My old car was a bumb magnet. For some reason everyone wanted to hit my doors. ____ed me off so much. It was a crappy car but I took care of it as it was my new scion. Now, if I catch anyone looking around my car( I park FAR) I will eat their children! I do take very much care of my car for some punk (or old man) to tap it and scratch it. hmm
Old 12-13-2005, 06:51 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Cal Poly's parking space are so small.
Old 12-13-2005, 07:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Somebody did the exact same thing to my lava....the dealership charged 1000 dollars to fix a little spot behind the rear wheel....i found out later that they drove it down to McDonald's to get something to eat in it ....said they had to test drive it to make sure nothing mechanical wrong...and to top it all off my insurance company put 3 points on my record saying it was my fault and my insurance is almost 300 a month....
Old 12-13-2005, 07:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

CPP has the worst lots ever, and even worst drivers. I HATE CAL POLY. i took so much care of that care, leaving two hours before my class just so i could find a spot far away, and where no one would be able to hit it. i was afraid of doors slamming into my car, but never afraid of a car slamming into it. oh well, everything happens for a reason
Old 12-14-2005, 12:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

sigh... well guys, i am back with update on my car. i got to the body shop and the first thing i saw... a dent. the freaking body shop dinged my car! wTF! not only do they take forever, they damaged my car! not only that, they didn't get the overlay on the headlight right, freaking air bubbles and slits everywhere... on top of that, it's the wrong type of overlay! the thickness is totally wrong! now one light is brighter than the other -- wtf?! another thing, i had a map light in the car and somehow they misplaced it in my car. great. see if i will go back there.
Old 12-14-2005, 12:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
sigh, i am a victim of a hit and run incident too. happened the week of thankgiving week... my car's been in the shop for two weeks now... longer than what they told me it would be. called them again today and the guy gave me the run around. if anybody ever need to go to a shop, don't go to american paint and body in clairemont mesa. i am going to call aaa and complain about them since they are part of aaa's associated partners or something.
isnt it bbb (better business bureau)? or is aaa something else? thanks for the heads up. ill remember not to go there.
Old 12-14-2005, 01:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

man that sucks sorry to hear that
Old 12-14-2005, 05:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

heh, AAA is the insurance company.

yeah, man, i am so fed up with this whole ordeal. first i get hit, then my car don't get repaired right... spent money and wasted time... great way to end an year.
Old 12-14-2005, 05:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

That sucks.

Welcome to college!
Old 12-14-2005, 05:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Call triple A and crap em all off, and see if you get some respect and some right work then. Dont stand for seconds with your car, Call em back and give it to em Scion style to fix it no charge! hah.
Old 12-14-2005, 06:03 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Same thing happened to me at Orange Coast College in Costa Mesa. Damn people don't respect other's property. I didn't even notice until my friend pointed it out to me. Mine is on the driver side in the rear. I just don't know how to wetsand and stuff so that I can fix it.
Old 12-14-2005, 12:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

wow... the same thing happened to me. This was 2months ago.. Try not to park along the street next time.. that is the lesson I learned
Old 12-14-2005, 08:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i was parked in a lot, i never park on the street.
Old 12-15-2005, 12:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Parking on the street or lot makes no difference. My tC got hit while it was parked
at a shopping plaza parking lot. Hit and Run, then the lame guy came back and shop at the store, luckily other shoppers saw and told me about the truck that hit my car
I was able to confront the guy and call the cops on him for HIT and RUN.

I can't say the same for my insurance bodyshop. I have to go in twice to have the other parts of the car blend in properly so there won't be parts that are too dark
or too light due to applying on new paint.

Quick Reply: HIT AND RUN