Notices
Scion tC 1G Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

JP USA kit for scion tc is out.

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2006, 04:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

awsome it's just a couple of minuted from where im at. do you know how much the kit is picked up?
Old 12-15-2006, 05:17 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

yes the kit itself right now for those who preordered it should be $799 out the door, but from what I understand from Rick at JP they are providing all those who preordered the kit a bit of a break and is going to give them free shipping from what I understand, but I could be wrong. In my case since im down in San Diego and my kit is on customer willcall Rick had told me that since they are not shipping me mine that he would shave off 10% on the total price in whole, which is about $80. So the price of this kit if you are picking it up will be a bit over $700 since they are giving everybody a break for having to wait so long.....I just cannot wait to see the pics, I'm getting really excited about this lip kit. Does anyone know if this price includes the little lip spoiler as well or no? I do not believe that it does, but agian I might be wrong
Old 12-15-2006, 05:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It doesn't. The lip spoiler and grille are separate products. The prices are as follows.

Lip Kit - $799.00 + shipping
Front Lip - $390 + shipping
Side Skirts - $341 + shipping
Rear Lip - $297 + shipping
Lip Spoiler - $289 + shipping
Grille - $225 + shipping

I will look into the shipping charge for you if you pick it up to double check and I will also see if all the pre order guys still have to pay shipping.
Old 12-15-2006, 05:47 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

yea i didn't think that the lip spoiler was included in the price.... Rick told me that thats what he was going to do for those who are having it shipped to their house. he was going to provide free shipping and if you are picking it up....you will recieve 10% off the price
Old 12-15-2006, 06:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

awsome... im gonna hold off for a bit until i start seeing some tC's with the JP kit
Old 12-15-2006, 06:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by BionicJuic3
awsome... im gonna hold off for a bit until i start seeing some tC's with the JP kit
x2
Old 12-15-2006, 09:14 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I still think the price is too high.
Old 12-16-2006, 04:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

thanks, sorry i didnt catch that for some reason. I would have to agree that 799 is a seriously high price for that lip kit. the front is 350!!! a front bumper cost that much... A lip kit should never be over 650, unless its free shipping, and or painted. I know its bad to ship painted items, but that is a reasonable price for painted lip kit, not including shipping for 799...

But i can understand why the first kits are so much, so they can pay off the overhead that went into developing these kits. I would rather wait till the guinea pigs dish out all the kinks and the pricce drops to get it... good luck to all that go for this kit, i would have to agree it is the best looking lip kit i have seen for the tC..
Old 12-16-2006, 08:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Old 12-16-2006, 08:28 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yes...Expensive, but I do no want to be waiting forever to get my hands on one...
Old 12-16-2006, 05:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

This kit is expensive because its polyurethane and I wouldn’t be surprised if it fits perfectly. They have been doing R&D on this kit for the past 2 years dealing with the manufactures in Japan to get the correct fitment. They already have one kit that just arrived but that’s for there test vehicle.
Old 12-16-2006, 06:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by MysTiKchRis
This kit is expensive because it polyurethane and I wouldn’t be surprised if it fits perfectly. They have been doing R&D on this kit for the past 2 years dealing with the manufactures in Japan to get the correct fitment. They already have one kit that just arrived but that’s for there test vehicle.
exactly right. These are extremely high quality and well developed kits, maybe even the most researched and developed yet. These kits will be what you pay for. If you dont want it because of the price, go buy a 400 fiberglass body kit and spend 1500 getting it installed. That is why i bought this kit. I had a obsidian kit that i got for 450 bucks and got quoted 2000 for it with paint installed. You have to realize this will be almost nothing to get installed and that is worth the price IMHO.

On that note, I will be sure to post pics of the kit once it comes into their shop... and if you are interested in a wide body kit hit me up lol...
Old 12-16-2006, 07:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^ Right. That's probably why fiberglass kits cost less. They're more of a hassle to work with and labor to have these kits fitted and installed probably is more or equal to the cost of the fiberglass kit. And when you have them mounted and painted, the surfaces don't look smooth. (waves and ripples in the glossy finish) Don't really know the quality and fitment on this JP USA kit as of now, but if it takes 2 years to develop to tC dimensions, I'll presume that it will be a flawless kit that fits perfect with no imperfections. And for $800, I'll also assume that the labor to install these are much less in terms of time length/labor rate. I think that if you were to compare total cost of purchasing any type of body kit and having it installed and painted, they'll break out even. Some are cheap in price but will cost more in labor and some with steep prices but probably will cost less in labor. The advantage with this JP USA kit costing more is the durability,quality, and probably near factory fitment.
Old 12-17-2006, 06:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

thats strange since the best kit out there or atleast the best for our lines the Kaminari body kit, the whole kit, at its cheapest prices shipped, that i have seen is about 1199 shipped, and its polyurethane?

And thats a whole kit??? not including the wing, and hood, but Side skirts, Front and rear bumper. and we all know the quality of that kit. Superb!! Now again i am not flaming anyone about this kit, i really love this kit, but again 750 for polyuethane LIP KIT is a little high.... Also when the Kaminari Kit first hit the streets it was about 15-1600 i believe, again to cover the overhead that went into the production of this kit most likely...

Buy the kit, or wait, or dont either way the truth remains its a bit on the high side.. thats a fact.
Old 12-17-2006, 02:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well all i can say is that you get what you pay for. With this kit you are getting one of the first kits out there that is extremely high quality and great fitment from what I hear from JP. Yes the price is high, but I am not telling you to buy this right now. I am recommending that you buy it now because you probably won't be able to get another one after this batch until about april.

I will check into the whole having "to cover the overhead" scenario and see what JP has to say about the future prices of the kit.

I agree it is expensive, but I will pay the extra couple hundred for peace of mind.
Old 12-17-2006, 04:24 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

wow that is a sweet kit...i like it a lot...only took me like 15 minutes to read the entire thread...i wish i could get this now but short on cash..i'll have to start saving money for it now
Old 12-18-2006, 12:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

id pay that much for a high quality kit, thats just me. Waiting for some installed pics.
Old 12-18-2006, 05:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

haha me too! I'm waiting for some nice updates myself!
Old 12-19-2006, 05:50 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Has the one test lip kit made it to the US. yet? Where are the pictures of the install? I want to see this thing....
Old 12-19-2006, 06:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

Their doing it now and will release pictures of it on the car soon.

Quick Reply: JP USA kit for scion tc is out.