Notices
Scion tC 1G Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

JP Vizage too low?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2010, 06:42 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default JP Vizage too low?

I'm looking to get the JP Vizage it for my 08 tc in the future. However, it looks like a really low kit and I'm afraid it won't make it over speed bumps and up steep driveways if I drop it at all. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3190523 claims that its dropped with TRD springs and as far as I know thats a 1 inch front and 1.5 back drop. It seems soooo low and seems like it wont even make it over small speed bumps. Do you think its too low? Do you think that that car is actually only a 1 inch drop? I don't want to not drop my car because IMO a car with nice wheels and a kit looks silly without a drop.

In the mean time, I just got Eibach 2 inch lowering springs and gold rota grids and I'm going to ride with that for a year or so until I get the kit. Then I'll change the springs.
Old 05-27-2010, 07:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionTific
SL Member

That car is NOT on TRD springs it's on like S-Techs or some kind of LOW coilovers the car also has 19" rims to..

That kit is sick a F*** tho
Old 05-27-2010, 07:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

the wheels are 19s.

kit is sick, that car makes me sad. it was originally an RS3. then got painted pink, then black, that page needs to be updated badly.
Old 05-27-2010, 07:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yes Frizz the jp vizage lipkit does sit that low on trd springs from the link posted, my gf used to have this kit with tein h-techs and on certain speed bumps the sides would scrape across the speed bump but never had a problem with the front lip even though it sat really low and as for the rear...well it sits pretty high lol. later removed it and raised my tc on trd springs and tried it out and clearance was fine but the wheel gap and height of the car wasn't working for me so i sold it, i would not recommend the kit if you want to go lower than h-techs and live in an area with bad roads and big speed bumps because the kit is not cheap brand new. but with the eibach spotline springs you might be ok if the roads and driveways around you aren't too bad, also tested the kit out with s-techs and it was really low that i'm sure the kit would of ripped off going over speed bumps.
Old 05-27-2010, 07:54 AM
tin
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey if you are in cali i have the my JP lip kit for sale. Brand new front lip never before been installd or drilled. asking real cheap. let me know.
Old 05-27-2010, 01:07 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by AcidDrop
yes Frizz the jp vizage lipkit does sit that low on trd springs from the link posted, my gf used to have this kit with tein h-techs and on certain speed bumps the sides would scrape across the speed bump but never had a problem with the front lip even though it sat really low and as for the rear...well it sits pretty high lol. later removed it and raised my tc on trd springs and tried it out and clearance was fine but the wheel gap and height of the car wasn't working for me so i sold it, i would not recommend the kit if you want to go lower than h-techs and live in an area with bad roads and big speed bumps because the kit is not cheap brand new. but with the eibach spotline springs you might be ok if the roads and driveways around you aren't too bad, also tested the kit out with s-techs and it was really low that i'm sure the kit would of ripped off going over speed bumps.
Do you have pics by any chance? I'm more curious about how it looked with TRDs since I live in Boston. I'm sure I'll have to be really careful driving around with all the potholes and speed bumps around. But anyways, thanks a bunch youve already been really helpful
Old 05-27-2010, 01:10 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by tin
Hey if you are in cali i have the my JP lip kit for sale. Brand new front lip never before been installd or drilled. asking real cheap. let me know.
I'm not in Cali, but would you ship? How much would you sell it for including shipping?
Old 05-27-2010, 05:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

not with the trds because i just slapped the kit on painted a different color to see how i would like it on my car with the trd springs and then removed the next day but i'll look for one on my gf's tc with the h-techs
Old 05-27-2010, 05:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I say don't get the kit!! It doesn't look good on the tC.
Old 05-27-2010, 05:25 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by scion71tc
opinions vary; i've seen it on a tc that's slammed (poo from chicago had on his rs2 tc) and i thought it looked awesome!
Old 05-27-2010, 05:33 PM
tin
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You will still be far from the ground. I had this kit on with some tien basic coilovers all maxed out on some 225/40/18 and i was like 2-3 inches of the flor. With the TRD's you will be arround 5-6 inches of the floor.
Old 05-27-2010, 05:44 PM
tin
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by scion71tc
and besides he didnt ask if he should get it, he asked it was too low for TRD's.
Old 05-27-2010, 05:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by tin
and besides he didnt ask if he should get it, he asked it was too low for TRD's.
Hahaha!! Just telling him now so he won't regret getting it later lol
Old 05-27-2010, 05:58 PM
tin
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah i hear you, that lip is rare to see. I know of only 7 people that has had it. Its very unique. But its a strong lip and its different. I also noticed that it all depends on the wheels, i had the enkie evo 5 and it didnt flow rite sometimes. (day time) lol
Old 05-27-2010, 07:36 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

Get it only if you can get the front lip molded. It does sit low, I can barely fit my arm under the front bumper. The sides are fine and the back is perfect, plenty of space. U'll def have to watch high bumps and mostly driveways. I'm on 225/40/18, 1 1/4 finger gap front and about 1 1/2 in the back on HKS RS coils. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who isn't crazy picky about their car or doesn't drive their car like grandmas in bad areas.

Oh and get used to the stock jack, cuz it's pretty much the only thing that will get it started. Also it might look better in 19's though, that way it can be dropped enough to have minimal wheel gap and keep the front lip high enough.
Old 05-27-2010, 08:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

this lip reminds me of
Old 05-27-2010, 09:13 PM
tin
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Haha the widow maker, i got good at raisng my car with that thing.
Old 05-27-2010, 11:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That kit is too boxy for the tC. Doesn't flow very well. I'd look into something else. BTW, there's no such thing as too low.