Notices
Scion tC 1G Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

.....LAMO? LAME? LAMBO?....

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2006, 04:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hahah i bet that black tC gets mad gains with those whiskers
Old 05-15-2006, 05:03 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by PnZrFsT
I don't understand why every complains about "lambo" doors so much. Who cares if they came from Lambo's. It doesn't mean you are trying to be one. IMO, if it looks good, it looks good who gives a damn if it's on another car or not. I give props to those who have 'em, and I think they look great.
agree to disagree. i think their crap.
Old 05-15-2006, 05:09 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rmccormi
Originally Posted by PnZrFsT
I don't understand why every complains about "lambo" doors so much. Who cares if they came from Lambo's. It doesn't mean you are trying to be one. IMO, if it looks good, it looks good who gives a damn if it's on another car or not. I give props to those who have 'em, and I think they look great.
agree to disagree. i think their crap.
true, but I wasn't saying that they were not crap. I was arguing that people will hate on them not because of the looks, but the fact that they are "lambo" inspired.
Old 05-15-2006, 05:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I dont care what anyone says.. lambo doors or not. That **** looks hot HOT HOTTTT !!
Old 05-15-2006, 06:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Gullwing...

"lambo" door

not sure...
Old 05-15-2006, 07:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scion Justice League of America
SL Member

All the drama over aesthetic modifications.... It's not to be like another ride, or to gain speed in the 1/4 mile... it's for the same reason we all do modifications to our cars, cause we love to work on them, and in some sick/sad way, love when people look at the car and differentiate it from all the other tCs out there.

you want to see lame? I'll show you lame!

Old 05-15-2006, 07:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Old 05-15-2006, 07:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

He went so fast that metal was ripping off his trunk and he had to patch it up with tape .. mannnnnn that car is quick.
Old 05-15-2006, 09:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Anyone think that the Konigsegg (sp?) doors will ever be duplicated?
Old 05-15-2006, 09:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

No it won't because most car doors are too heavy and large to do what the Konigsegg's door can.
Old 05-15-2006, 09:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Originally Posted by WeDriveScions

you want to see lame? I'll show you lame!

This makes me sad. After seeing this, a small part of me died inside.
Old 05-15-2006, 10:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Old 05-16-2006, 01:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I can understand Lambo doors on a SHOW car. That I get. What I don't get is why would you do it to a daily driver? Unless your daily driver is your show car. I'm soooo confused!
Old 05-16-2006, 02:25 AM
Banned
SL Member

on that silver scion up there, did anyone notice that little flag on the side fender? thats right, those folks are the ones that mess up cars. and im not racist, im also hispanic, but you wont see my car with a "SS import" sticker on it. They make Super Sport Scions? Gotta get me that model, must be fast....
Old 05-16-2006, 02:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

If a car is an only daily driver, people could do it just to get the looks and such... but it's a pain to get in and out of.... so the cost both financially and convinience wise wouldn't make sense...

But, heck, there are so many things we do to our Scions that don't make sense... it's just the game we play... Unless it's repulsive or done poorly or without any class... Anyone's mods are all good with me...

Vertical doors are just something people use to make their car less like the one next to them...

I'd hate to see people pay too much for them, or not know what they are getting into getting them...(Maintenence, Time, Adjustments) but, for their use (Looks and Shock Value) they do their job well.
Old 05-16-2006, 03:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Firstly, let me say that if the owner of that silver abortion up there is on the site, you need to be stabbed in the face.

Secondly, I'm all for 'unique'ness in a car, but those doors don't even open enough to the point where you can comfortably enter and exit the car. Furthermore, it doesn't look that good on a Scion. The model of the car just doesn't flow with the doors.

Thirdly, anyone defending those whiskers on that black tC is exercising futility. Unless the car is race modified to exceed speeds of 127mph, they serve no purpose, visual or otherwise. Now, if the car was turbocharged or even supercharged, I could see some value to them. But running purely naturally aspirated, you're to the point where you're adding stuff just for the sake of adding stuff.
Old 05-16-2006, 04:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Uh..... the point of modifying (Show Wise) is? Adding stuff to Add stuff.... even if you don't show... still gives you props sitting with the buds in the parking lot

Go to any car show... 10 monitors? Fiberglass? 5 Subwoofers? Double Din Touch Screen? Roll Bar? Racing Seats? Widebody Kits? They are all in the spirit of modification and competitive design... despite true "Utility" Anyone knows that and what it's all about.

"Utility" is saved for a whole other genre of cars and car styles.... F1/Nascar/Luxury Exotics

I could make the similiar arguement for all the turbos/SC/performance modifications to our meager 16 grand and comparitively heavy car... competing with a scion as a "Race" car is the same exercise in futility, if taken as anything more than just modification for results sake.... just results in the terms of better competitive class times, similiar to modifications for better competitive class trophies at car shows.

Adding Stuff to Add Stuff is the reality of the "Tuner" Show world... for points and "Looks"... No one denies that...

The Silver tC is somewhere in Portland, pretty sure he's not around here.... We just came across the car locally and I had my camera....

and.... however you feel about vertical doors on a tC... I get in and out of my car everyday without an issue in the world... and it would only take a few hours at SCN/Import Motion/BOTI/or others I have won to see that your feelings about Vertical doors are in the minority, as I couldn't count the number of people take shots/pose/ask questions/smile/etc... upon seeing them. Just the reality.
Old 05-16-2006, 09:41 PM
5 Year Member

Hey guys, is there any maintenance on lambo doors? Or what kind of complications have you (lambo door owners) come across?
Old 05-16-2006, 09:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by tehloxely
Hey guys, is there any maintenance on lambo doors? Or what kind of complications have you (lambo door owners) come across?
No maintenance and no issues in over 7 months.
Old 05-16-2006, 10:23 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

i personally thinks its all about what you have done to the car. I have seen a few tCs with lambo doors on them. Munch was one and then another with nothing at all done to it. They looked awesome on Munchs car at the NHRA event. They looked horrible on the Virginia Scion Lovers Event, I think like someone else said. IF you are to the point of you have it all, Lambo doors top it off. But if its stock, I think its a waste of money.

But that being said, EVERYTHING we do to our cars is personal preference and therefor doesnt matter if there is a reason or not.

But on another hand, that car from Oregon above, is pathetic. It completely misses the originality and goes straight for, I cant afford to look good but I will try. If ya cant do it right, dont do it.

Quick Reply: .....LAMO? LAME? LAMBO?....