Notices
Scion tC 1G Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

lighting ideas

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2007, 12:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
The Family
SL Member

Default lighting ideas

Im in the process of putting some angel eyes on my car. when i was looking at how i was goin to put them on i came across some ideas for my lights tell me what you think.

1st off i want all my lights to be super white
2nd i want to get my turning signal and cut the wire and rewire it to the side marker spot.
3rd i want to get the side marker wire cut it and rewire it to the turn signal.
4th i want to but a clear coner on my side marker.
5th i want to make the parking light into a constant 12v and hook it up to a strob for car shows.

by doing all this i hope to have the some daytime running lights and my turn signal will be moved over to give my car a diff look.

anyone have any thoughs on this.
Old 05-04-2007, 01:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

I think the ideas are really good.

But you might want to think about something like this - instead of making the side marker clear, black it out or color it the same color as your car, and put LED's in it... making that your turn signal. That would be hot. If you need help with this, PM me.

Instead of making your parking light a strobe, keep them mearly a parking light, and install the real strobes in the head light housing, right in front of the parking light LED. If you don't understand, just ask and I will take a video of my car and send it to you.

But I reall really like the idea of switching the parking light and turn signals. I think I might do the LED turn signal thing.
Old 05-04-2007, 01:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
The Family
SL Member

i rather just put the clear coner i want to have the headlights as clear as possible. and i kinda ether want the parking light to be a strobe or i dont want it on at all because i think i would be to much light even with the angel eyes i dont want it to take away from them. but i will keep it in mind and if i decide something diff. i will let you know.
Old 05-21-2007, 03:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
The Family
SL Member

I got some stobe lights that i want to put in the eyelid and i was wondering if when you have the headlights taken apart does the eyelid just snap off or do you have to do something for it to come off. and will i have to drill a hole for the bulb go go thru or what is the best ideas i was tring to find a place were someone had put a light bar in there eye lids but have not been able to find it can some one please help me.
Old 05-21-2007, 04:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

I did that thing with the side markers - making three rows in a triangle shape. The top two rows are parking lights, and the bottom row is a blinker. I think it looks really clean.

I wouldn't make the turn signal a parking light because that area is highly reflective and is pretty bright... unless you are just going to put a single LED there or something slightly dim.

As for the eyebrow, when the lights are apart, the eyebrow has a couple of clips that are holding it in place. It's not hard to remove. But when it's removed, you don't have a lot of room... a LED strip would fit, but the bulb might have to be placed in sideways. If you have a thin strobe light, you can lay it down and tack it down with some hot glue or silicon.

Here is a link to a retrofit with the eyebrow... this is a really nice write up.
https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=75144
Old 05-21-2007, 05:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
The Family
SL Member

Amoxapine thanks for the help that is just what i was looking for.

im hope to have my car done this weekend im goin to be working on it all day saturday and sunday and monday if i need to. i have a 3 day weekend so i hope to have everything done. everyone wish me luck.
Old 05-21-2007, 05:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I was thinking of something like that too. Making the turn signals as DRLs. Like Toyota Tundra's DRL, which is at the orange spots:

Old 05-21-2007, 07:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

Well, superblue... take pics of your project and good luck!

Jehoo - You should try it out. Will prolly look really good... just a bit too bright for parking lights IMO. But I could be wrong. . If you try it, post pics.