Notices
Scion tC 1G Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

Mix and Matching lipkits

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2009, 05:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by SexyRS1
If only I was rich.. I would just buy one of each and then decide lol
LoL..

I have rs1, kami sides and vinati rear lip..

go for it just be diff.. plus with you in the car im sure no one will be payin much attention to the lip kit ;)
Old 06-30-2009, 05:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

OEM front, OEM sides, Kami rear FTW

Name:  IMG_0095.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  64.3 KB
Old 06-30-2009, 05:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i wonder if she even gets on anymore ?
Old 06-30-2009, 05:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Originally Posted by scikotictc232
i wonder if she even gets on anymore ?

Last Login: June 28th, 2009
Old 07-01-2009, 02:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by CarbonXe
OEM front, OEM sides, Kami rear FTW

Were are the p-tuning logos?

and u need a front splitter.. looks way better!
Old 07-01-2009, 02:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

I have the PTuning.com sticker on the back bumper still, didn't want to run the giant logo down the side.

And I can't run a splitter for a few reasons. TT's HORRIBLE pipe routing prevents running a splitter without cutting massive holes into it and I wouldn't be able to get into my driveway. My lip comes within 1/2" to my driveway everytime I back out/drive in, so a splitter would definitely hit every time.
Old 07-01-2009, 02:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have the PTuning.com sticker on the back bumper still, didn't want to run the giant logo down the side.

And I can't run a splitter for a few reasons. TT's HORRIBLE pipe routing prevents running a splitter without cutting massive holes into it and I wouldn't be able to get into my driveway. My lip comes within 1/2" to my driveway everytime I back out/drive in, so a splitter would definitely hit every time.

dammm.. You should get the p-tuning kit! that race kit is the sexyest thing ever!
Old 07-01-2009, 02:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

I'm not spending any more money on my car lol. I'm parting it out and selling it soon. Gonna get a used WRX.
Old 07-01-2009, 03:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm not spending any more money on my car lol. I'm parting it out and selling it soon. Gonna get a used WRX.

wow WEAK
Old 07-01-2009, 04:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

I don't feel like going over it all again, it's all in my progress thread. Basically, I've always wanted a WRX and right now where I stand, I can decrease my debt, lower insurance cost, have a more practical car and have something that I can actually use year round. I don't have the luxury of living somewhere that's 80+ year round. We get this slippery stuff called snow up here .
Old 07-01-2009, 04:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I don't feel like going over it all again, it's all in my progress thread. Basically, I've always wanted a WRX and right now where I stand, I can decrease my debt, lower insurance cost, have a more practical car and have something that I can actually use year round. I don't have the luxury of living somewhere that's 80+ year round. We get this slippery stuff called snow up here .
i had that same problem..

so i moved

trust me.. keep the tc man.. if you really want a wrx unplug one of ur coils and drive around for a day...

sound just like one!
Old 07-01-2009, 04:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

AWD > 1WD. The tC is a deadend. Where I stand right now, I'll need an LSD, coilovers and brakes just to compete in my class for AutoX. That's $4000 that I'm not willing to dish out for this car. $4,000 in a WRX puts me at the same power, better suspension, better brakes, AWD, etc. The WRX is just so much more practical than my 2-seater, FWD, 1-tire fire tC.
Old 07-01-2009, 04:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

isnt the awd still a 2 wheel drive ? one wheel up front and one in the rear on the opposite as the front ?
Old 07-01-2009, 04:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Originally Posted by scikotictc232
isnt the awd still a 2 wheel drive ? one wheel up front and one in the rear on the opposite as the front ?
lmao, no
Old 07-01-2009, 04:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

AWD > 1WD. The tC is a deadend. Where I stand right now, I'll need an LSD, coilovers and brakes just to compete in my class for AutoX. That's $4000 that I'm not willing to dish out for this car. $4,000 in a WRX puts me at the same power, better suspension, better brakes, AWD, etc. The WRX is just so much more practical than my 2-seater, FWD, 1-tire fire tC.

so a stock wrx will be competive or do you need to spend 4k to make it competitive? (SP)

because i like wrx's but being its factory boosted you may catch a old lady at the light next to you thats just as fast!

At least if i pull up to another tc at the light.. i can beat that old lady!

Just there more involved in making the tc fast but thats what makes it what it is!
Old 07-01-2009, 04:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Originally Posted by ElevationTC

so a stock wrx will be competive or do you need to spend 4k to make it competitive? (SP)

because i like wrx's but being its factory boosted you may catch a old lady at the light next to you thats just as fast!

Just there more involved in making the tc fast but thats what makes it what it is!
A stock WRX would probably rape me in AutoX or Road Racing. My car is a lot faster, but without an LSD, I can't make use of most of my power in 2nd and 3rd gear (around a turn in 3rd, I've even had the tire break loose in 4th). An exhaust (headers, up-pipe and TBE) and a protune/Cobb Accessport brings it to the 240WHP range, which is enough to get it to run a 1.65 in the 60', which can be done for under $1200. Take that other $2800 and buy some wheels/tires, springs and sway bars and it's miles ahead of my tC.

Remember, I'm comparing it to my tC. I'm on a decent suspension setup (TRD springs and rear sway), with decent tires and ~300HP. The only place my tC has an advantage is on the highway going in a straight line.

And if you pull up to an old lady in an equally modded WRX/STi (equal to yours $-wise), you're going to get brutally spanked lol.
Old 07-01-2009, 05:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

A stock WRX would probably rape me in AutoX or Road Racing. My car is a lot faster, but without an LSD, I can't make use of most of my power in 2nd and 3rd gear (around a turn in 3rd, I've even had the tire break loose in 4th). An exhaust (headers, up-pipe and TBE) and a protune/Cobb Accessport brings it to the 240WHP range, which is enough to get it to run a 1.65 in the 60', which can be done for under $1200. Take that other $2800 and buy some wheels/tires, springs and sway bars and it's miles ahead of my tC.

Remember, I'm comparing it to my tC. I'm on a decent suspension setup (TRD springs and rear sway), with decent tires and ~300HP. The only place my tC has an advantage is on the highway going in a straight line.

And if you pull up to an old lady in an equally modded WRX/STi (equal to yours $-wise), you're going to get brutally spanked lol.
i dunno i think if you buy a lsd for ur car. ull be fine!

Look at p-tuning! there not taking 1st in a wrx!

plus you have a white tc... looks 10 times better then any qrx
Old 07-01-2009, 05:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

not tryin to be a thread jacker and change the topic or anything but i gotta ask, Carbon when you say parting out soon, how soon is soon lol
Old 07-01-2009, 05:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

PTuning is taking 1st because they're awesome lol. If you really want to see how much of a difference AWD and FWD are, compare Rado's tC to the Crawford STi. You've got the most insane FWD car ever built, vs a pretty typical AWD car (typical by Time Attack Unlimited class standards) and the STi is beating the tC by multiple seconds every race. Granted these are full blown race cars, and I'm driving a turbo econobox, so it's not a real comparison.

I personally think this looks 10x better than my car lol.
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/m...WRX/DSC_0098-1.

And you can't do things like this in a tC, hell, you can't even think about having fun like that in a tC.
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/m...X/IMG_5210.jpg

and woogy, 6-10 months probably.
Old 07-01-2009, 05:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

PTuning is taking 1st because they're awesome lol. If you really want to see how much of a difference AWD and FWD are, compare Rado's tC to the Crawford STi. You've got the most insane FWD car ever built, vs a pretty typical AWD car (typical by Time Attack Unlimited class standards) and the STi is beating the tC by multiple seconds every race. Granted these are full blown race cars, and I'm driving a turbo econobox, so it's not a real comparison.

I personally think this looks 10x better than my car lol.
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/m...WRX/DSC_0098-1.

And you can't do things like this in a tC, hell, you can't even think about having fun like that in a tC.
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/m...X/IMG_5210.jpg

and woogy, 6-10 months probably.

i dunno man!

you cant make the horse drink the water but you can bring him to the pond!

think about it!

In your class are you racing wrx's? If so thats ___!

IMO tc is hot.. expecially white.. Seem like ur just at a point were ur frusterated! dont give up!

Quick Reply: Mix and Matching lipkits