Notices
Scion tC 1G Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

Mix and Matching lipkits

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2009, 06:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

It has nothing to do with frustration. The car is a money pit. I can get rid of everything, sell the car and have money left over to put down on a WRX. At that point, I'll owe less money than I do right now, I'll have cheaper insurance, etc. I'm not giving up, I'm moving on to better things. Having a 300HP tC up here is practically useless 4 months out of the year. The only thing I'm losing in the deal, is about 50WHP, but honestly, I don't care about 50WHP, especially when I'll actually be able to use 1/2 gear on dry pavement, 1/2/3/4 on wet pavement, and I'll actually be able to get my car out of the driveway when it snows.
Old 07-01-2009, 07:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by CarbonXe
It has nothing to do with frustration. The car is a money pit. I can get rid of everything, sell the car and have money left over to put down on a WRX. At that point, I'll owe less money than I do right now, I'll have cheaper insurance, etc. I'm not giving up, I'm moving on to better things. Having a 300HP tC up here is practically useless 4 months out of the year. The only thing I'm losing in the deal, is about 50WHP, but honestly, I don't care about 50WHP, especially when I'll actually be able to use 1/2 gear on dry pavement, 1/2/3/4 on wet pavement, and I'll actually be able to get my car out of the driveway when it snows.
Jon,

Please not the WRX, if you're going subaru, save a bit more and get an STI. If you're going to upgrade to an AWD, get this:

or if you're going to upgrade to a RWD, get this (we'll be releasing a turbo kit for the s2000 this winter, hopefully):

Or get the new genesis 2.0T coupe track model--not the prettiest thing, but has a lot of potential--another car we will be development for in the near future. You'll get tired of the vw bug motor in the wrx real quick and that 245whp (which is maxed out on the stock turbo) is going to be real slow after a while (talk to Mike @ptuning, he used to own one).

Here's Ross's old sti, before he sold it for an E36, which he then sold to get the C5 vette race car:

Or have your old man pitch in and get one of these:

BUT ARE YOU ABSOLUTELY SURE YOU DON'T WANT TO BUILD THIS...you're almost there:

Anyways, good luck with whatever you decide to go with. Toan will still be able to tune whatever car you go with when the time comes.

MrC
Old 07-01-2009, 07:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

MrC, I don't want to spend the extra $13,000 for an STi, and I don't plan on going any further than 240WHP, so the WRX is right where I want to be. It'll be slower than my tC, but a lot quicker off the line. I'm trying to get rid of my car payment asap, so that's why the WRX is my #1 option (an 04-07 can be picked up for the same price as a tC).

Think of it as getting out of the game, just to get myself back into the game in 2-3 years. The WRX is a great DD, and without a car payment, it'll allow me to set aside even more money for my next project car .

Are those the RG2's that were on your Evo?
Old 07-01-2009, 07:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

MrC, I don't want to spend the extra $13,000 for an STi, and I don't plan on going any further than 240WHP, so the WRX is right where I want to be. It'll be slower than my tC, but a lot quicker off the line. I'm trying to get rid of my car payment asap, so that's why the WRX is my #1 option (an 04-07 can be picked up for the same price as a tC).

Think of it as getting out of the game, just to get myself back into the game in 2-3 years. The WRX is a great DD, and without a car payment, it'll allow me to set aside even more money for my next project car .

And are those the RG2's that were on your Evo?
Jon, understandable. At least you have your priorities straight. No, those are not the RGIIs from my evo. My Evo had silver 18x9 RGIIs all around. The tc is running RGII GTR-face 18x10 5x114.3 pcd in the front and 18x8.5 5x100 pcd rear. Same stagger setup as the RZ/RS setup we were running last year and at the first event for this year.

MrC
Old 07-01-2009, 07:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Originally Posted by MrC_Ptuning

And are those the RG2's that were on your Evo?
Jon, understandable. At least you have your priorities straight. No, those are not the RGIIs from my evo. My Evo had silver 18x9 RGIIs all around. The tc is running RGII GTR-face 18x10 5x114.3 pcd in the front and 18x8.5 5x100 pcd rear. Same stagger setup as the RZ/RS setup we were running last year and at the first event for this year.

MrC
Yea I just saw the wheels on your Evo and realized they were silver. I knew you had RG2's but I wasn't sure on the color.

And don't worry, I'll still support you guys and go to the Time Attack events. Hopefully if I do get the WRX and have it fully paid off, I'll be able to pick up another car to start racing with. That way I won't have to worry about breaking/wrecking my DD.

And Tom (he was at VIR with me last year, has an Evo9 MR and blew the transmission on it) just bought an 02 WRX Wagon. I drove it around for a while and it felt pretty slow, so I know what I'm getting into...but the AWD is just so awesome to have. It was nice to be able to go WOT in first and second.
Old 07-02-2009, 12:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

so yeah...i dont miss match none of my stuff cause i like my OEM lip kit.
Old 07-03-2009, 04:19 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

where can I get kip kits?? and price range..?