Notices
Scion tC 1G Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

Mudguards on a superwhite??

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2005, 12:43 PM
Banned
SL Member

Default Mudguards on a superwhite??

I have a superwhite tC and i find that the only area that gets dirty right away after washing the thing is the area where the mudguards would protect. Problem is the mudguards are black and only come in black. I don't know how much it would cost to paint match, but would black mudguards on a superwhite tC look tacky????
Old 08-19-2005, 12:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default mudgaurds

I have a FM Tc, but I love black accents on white cars. I think the black mud gaurds will look great. I would get them. They are much nice then any aftermarket you'll fine.

jjp
Old 08-19-2005, 12:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

okay. one opinion?

I want to do it, but I never played around with how they would look?

on some other cars.......... mud guards are tacky... instead of you car being muddy........ the guards are,.......... still mud, still needs to be cleaned off

so you aren't doing anything except to get mud on something else

I didn't get them, I'm still in between too, but I just going to for get about them
Old 08-19-2005, 02:33 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I suggest getting them. You'll scratch up your car more too.
Old 08-19-2005, 05:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i have them on my super white tc. the tc mudgaurds are subtle/small and they blend right into the darkness of the wheel well and tire. so it is hardly noticable. someone colormatched them on a superwhite, and they protude out visually.

do a search. there was a similar thread about this a few weeks back.
Old 08-19-2005, 07:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

i have them too-i think they look fine. they don't mess up the lines of the car or anything like that. they kind of blend in with the wheelwells. i wouldn't paint them in superwhite. unless you're just showing your car and not using it as a daily driver, i wouldn't paint them. the whole point of having them is so that u don't get splatter and crap all over the side of your car. if u have white mudguards, then u'll see all that splatter on the mudguards themselves. u'd end up having to clean the mudguards like every single day. that would basically defeat the purpose of having them. anyways, here's a couple of pics of them on my car-they're not mudguard specific pics, but u can kinda see them-which is good, cuz they don't stick out like a sore thumb.

Old 12-19-2005, 06:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I wanted to see that....... okay I dont really notice them. But I definitly dont like that small ventalation thing on your windows...................... pointless, you have a sun/moon roof (just crack it)

Also you need to get the door **** black, match the tires. Okay car?

Mudd guards,......... stilll undecided? Post more pics
Old 12-21-2005, 03:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Old 12-22-2005, 01:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

good thing it was my car and i liked it, otherwise i might give a rat's a$$ about what u think prettynice_____. btw-not only did i like the way they looked, but i also liked the fact that when i was smoking a cigar in the car and it was pouring rain out i can still have the windows cracked to let smoke out and not have rain all over the place. on another note, door *****? door handles, u mean? in black? maybe i should've just gotten a black car. oh wait, i did just get a black tc.
Old 12-22-2005, 02:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

I think the vents look good, blends in with the tint.. See what happens when you try to help someone. Too much hate on this forum
Old 12-22-2005, 02:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

They can barley see them, but they do keep alot of stuff off the car.

Old 12-22-2005, 09:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

i apologize. u're gonna have to excuse my anger. i loved my sw tc, but it got destroyed when a utility pole fell on it. on top of that, i ended up with herniated discs, bulged discs, and pinched nerves in my neck and back. i had an epidural done yesterday afternoon, so i've been in extra pain and extremely miserable. on top of all that, i have to read that someone doesn't like what i did with my car that i loved? not a very good day.
Old 12-22-2005, 09:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

I got them and I think they look great on my SW. Was easy to install too, no drilling involved, the bolts go right through the plastic.

Old 12-22-2005, 10:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: Mudguards on a superwhite??

Originally Posted by Scion-ce
Problem is the mudguards are black and only come in black.
Actually, the Mud Guards I received are a really dark grey. (Charcoal) I have to paint mine semi-gloss black. (Just the outside of the Mud Guard, not the inside.) That way, the guards will look more like the tires and blend in a lot better. I think that makes sense?
Old 12-24-2005, 03:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'll try to keep the post on the mudguard topic.

So,

good thing it was my car and i liked it, otherwise i might give a rat's a$$ about what u think prettynice_____. btw-not only did i like the way they looked, but i also liked the fact that when i was smoking a cigar in the car and it was pouring rain out i can still have the windows cracked to let smoke out and not have rain all over the place.
I guess that's my thing, against smokers in general, so when I see those things, I attack!!! But on the rain thing............. I suppose, but little helpful hint. If you push the moon/sun roof button once, you don't have to move the pleather piece back and that creates air flow, WithOut letting rain fall in. Just an option, a no cost one.

speddlysmitt Posted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 11:45 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think the vents look good, blends in with the tint.. See what happens when you try to help someone. Too much hate on this forum
Thats okay......let it out. I got off topic with them mudd guards and commented on other stuff, so I might deserve it. But Hey....

. Was easy to install too, no drilling involved, the bolts go right through the plastic.
So your saying no work. I'm glad I didn't get them as a option then, sounds like its cheaper to just do it your self then, you know, instead of the ScionDealerOptionAccessory of like 65% mark up on every item.

i had an epidural done yesterday afternoon
..............................Uh......... Ouch? Um.........live long and prosper? Geeysshh :?
Old 12-24-2005, 04:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

umm there was drilling involved in the rear. if you didnt have the mudguards in the first place, you have to drill in the rear. fronts dont require drilling.
Old 12-24-2005, 05:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The car is front wheel drive. I've seen pics of like two cars with four mudguards. Although I've seen three times as many with just the front two there!!

4 of um seem cool only if you have white one's, matching the paint
Old 12-24-2005, 07:13 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

having two is stupid, IMO. Because they come as a SET, so you might as well use them all. And water splashes on the rear too, so why only put on the front?
I have a flint w/mudguards and they work really well. I'd reccommend them. I ended up taking mine to a shop to have them do the back - cost $15, and I did the front. The back makes it where you have to take off the tire, totally feasible, but more time consuming.
Old 12-24-2005, 10:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by DuMa
umm there was drilling involved in the rear. if you didnt have the mudguards in the first place, you have to drill in the rear. fronts dont require drilling.
short stubby screwdriver FTW, i didn't have to drill mine, the screws tapped in just like the fronts. granted my hands were sore after all four guards but it was easier than taking off my tires.
Old 01-26-2006, 05:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

any new mudd guards because of this post yet?

Quick Reply: Mudguards on a superwhite??