Notices
Scion tC 1G Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

my custom made mesh grill...pics

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 01:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

A word of advice from someone who made many mistakes at the age of 16, think about what your doing, take everything slow(especially if you think you know what your doing)

Your car is yours, if u want it to look the way you want it, ignore us.

If you want it to look the way we want it, ask us. just dont feel bad if we say it stinks.

and to be quite frank, see-through grills are ugly cuz they look like u broke the grill and tried to fix it with chicken wire.
Old 09-26-2006, 01:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by JaN_MiChAeL_07
so were you driving 100 because you were racing or just in a hurry ? haha
in a hurry, lol...i dont race =/
Old 09-26-2006, 01:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by OCTC
A word of advice from someone who made many mistakes at the age of 16, think about what your doing, take everything slow(especially if you think you know what your doing)

Your car is yours, if u want it to look the way you want it, ignore us.

If you want it to look the way we want it, ask us. just dont feel bad if we say it stinks.

and to be quite frank, see-through grills are ugly cuz they look like u broke the grill and tried to fix it with chicken wire.
i definitely didnt know what i was doing....this is something i jsut set out to do as a starting project for the car...gotta see what looks good and what doesnt....i happen to love it...definitely dont feel abd if u say it stinks....that only gives me motive to try and make it better.....thanks for input tho
Old 09-26-2006, 02:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I dont think it looks that bad. However up close the material looks kind of weak so i think if it got hit with a rock or something it would leave a pretty big dent or maybe go right through it. So its probably not very practical if u ask me. A for effort though!
Old 09-26-2006, 02:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by esisso
Originally Posted by mpbrown
CHICKEN WIRE AINT PIMPIN. when will people learn??? and no...ive done alot of crap to my car myself and nothing looks nearly that bad...goto work for a couple hours, and save some cash to buy a real grille so no one makes fun of your attempts. im sorry but you can see right through the thing and it will prolly fly off at high speeds.
you can see through cause the flash...its rlly not that easy to see through...plus im gonna paint the stuff inside flat black...anyways i've driven 100 with this on at constant speed and it hasn't flown off.....im not trying to make my car "PIMPIN" i jsut want the look without the scion emblem. eventually i'll buy a grill...but its hard with school and soccer and stuff cause i dont have time for a job, but as soon as i can i'll save up for a real grill i agree with you 100%
you shouldnt be driving over 85... kid
Old 09-26-2006, 02:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by jrlin718
I dont think it looks that bad. However up close the material looks kind of weak so i think if it got hit with a rock or something it would leave a pretty big dent or maybe go right through it. So its probably not very practical if u ask me. A for effort though!
its very tough material actually.the flash makes it look thinner than wat it is
Old 09-26-2006, 02:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by mike6789k
CHICKEN WIRE AINT PIMPIN. when will people learn??? and no...ive done alot of crap to my car myself and nothing looks nearly that bad...goto work for a couple hours, and save some cash to buy a real grille so no one makes fun of your attempts. im sorry but you can see right through the thing and it will prolly fly off at high speeds.
you can see through cause the flash...its rlly not that easy to see through...plus im gonna paint the stuff inside flat black...anyways i've driven 100 with this on at constant speed and it hasn't flown off.....im not trying to make my car "PIMPIN" i jsut want the look without the scion emblem. eventually i'll buy a grill...but its hard with school and soccer and stuff cause i dont have time for a job, but as soon as i can i'll save up for a real grill i agree with you 100%
was late 2 school, lol
Old 09-26-2006, 02:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by mike6789k
was late 2 school, lol
ohhhhh, my bad!!!! what a good boy for wanting to learn!!!

heh...

try telling that to the highway patrol... or your parents when you total your car (if you dont die)...

if you care about school that much, dont be late in the first place, and if you are, just get there when you get there... it wont be as bad as when you crash or get a ticket and be even LATER!

also, since you are 16, you've been driving around 6 months... not enough experience to be going so fast...
Old 09-26-2006, 02:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by jrlin718
its very tough material actually.the flash makes it look thinner than wat it is
btw, i dont see any flash reflections in your paint

why dont you go take a pic with flash and show us how great it looks?
Old 09-26-2006, 06:53 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i dont think that grill look good bro
Old 09-26-2006, 07:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Wow you guys are harsh. I've definitely seen worse.
Old 09-26-2006, 10:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by amanda776
Wow you guys are harsh. I've definitely seen worse.
hehe thanks....but i see where they make their point.....im definitely gonna re-do it maybe with a different material and i'll make it look better... as soon as i find free time that bumper is comin off =)
Old 09-26-2006, 11:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i think it looks horrible. its not straight, its so flimsy that its wavy.. the pict shows that perfectly.. plus, you have to realy realy stare at it to even see it... you can see way too much off the engine bay... washing it and getting bugs out and it looks like it will just fall out... looks very very very cheap IMO... TBH, if they say they like it, they are just being nice.... not tryin to be mean, but this just dosent look good...
Old 09-28-2006, 02:51 PM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

eh, sorry man. goto ebay or something and get a grille, dont try to make your own...thats the product you get when you do. You've got a nice car, dont make it look like crap. Invest into it, if ya dont got the money. Wait till you do. Just my opinion. Sorry bro.