Notices
Scion tC 1G Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

My Tc Sunroof Exploded To....... WTF

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2006, 08:34 PM
5 Year Member

ya it did it was a loud pop sound to me it scared the ____ outta me other than being scared i was ____ed off to....
Old 08-31-2006, 07:59 PM
5 Year Member

Long Time No post here.... but new news they still have not paintied my car....... and now they are giving me the run around as to when it will get painted i got my Atty involved and a few of my family members because i know a guy who works at the dealership and he told me he over heard them saying i was young and id eventually give up and let it go but that just added fuel to the fire under their ___ im even more ____ed now ill kepp yall updated.......
Old 08-31-2006, 08:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Talk about back from the dead. Anyway, it sucks it still hasn't been finished. I never did understand why places have a thing for hating the young and the old. They love that in the middle age though. Screw 45.
Old 08-31-2006, 09:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You should call everyday and demand an answer. They WILL get it fixed.

While trying to fix the rattle in my tC they scratced my roof and someone opened a door into mine leaving a pin head size of paint gone to the bare metal. I had the repaint both spots. I had to take it in twice, the first time they "forgot". Unfortunately it will be back again for the rattle.
Old 09-01-2006, 12:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

This bothers me.

I've looked up some other complaints on NHTSA's website about the same issue. Placing a piece of tape to hold the broken pieces once a failure occurs is not a solution, it is a joke... The failure should never occur in the first place, making sure that happens IS a solution.

It is clear that Toyota knows there is a design flaw with these glass roofs, the question is how do we make them do something about it?

Flying glass coming into the cabin at highway speeds is a very real danger, besides the safety issue of shap glass raining down on occupants; the distraction alone could cause a massive pile up.

We're all intelligent people on here, how do we get Toyota to make our cars safe and allow us to have trust in them again?
Old 09-01-2006, 01:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by SquallLHeart
hmmm... contrary to what you guys have been saying...

having the moonroof closed will not prevent it from shattering if it was bound to happen. if it happens.. it'll happen

one friend came out one morning to his car... and without warning.. BOOM. (yes... the moonroof was closed).
Mine shattered on me last year...closed...car was parked at with me in it...was on the cell phone and bang...____ just went to pieces....haven't had issues since they fixed it...but I did put in a complaint to the NTSB...they called about 4 months ago and Toyota called about a month ago asking more questions....
Old 09-06-2006, 03:33 AM
5 Year Member

Default Re: My Tc Sunroof Exploded To....... WTF

I just Drove down to AZ from GA in my TC. Worst Experience Ever other then wrecking my 05 TC in February. WEll first I was in Louisiana when I hit a 18 wheeler tire piece that f*** up my bumper. I was thinking I should turn around and take a flight to AZ but I didn't listen to my intuition and kept driving. When I was in Texas I was behing a RV with Trailer attached and BOOM worst sound I ever heard, Freaked the S*** out of me, it was my Sun Roof, I had to drive like that for another 8 hours, then I got to the dealer I figured about 400 dollars to repair it, NOPE!! 2000 dollars, I had to call my insurance and pay a deductible of 500. Well the whole time I was in AZ i had to borrows moms car because me TC was in the shop until the afternoon before I drove back. The way back was better, no incidents thank god. I should get reimburse for this s*** I can't believe scion makes such cheap and dangerous sunroofs!!
Old 09-16-2006, 02:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: My Tc Sunroof Exploded To....... WTF

Originally Posted by humagui
I just Drove down to AZ from GA in my TC. Worst Experience Ever other then wrecking my 05 TC in February. WEll first I was in Louisiana when I hit a 18 wheeler tire piece that f*** up my bumper. I was thinking I should turn around and take a flight to AZ but I didn't listen to my intuition and kept driving. When I was in Texas I was behing a RV with Trailer attached and BOOM worst sound I ever heard, Freaked the S*** out of me, it was my Sun Roof, I had to drive like that for another 8 hours, then I got to the dealer I figured about 400 dollars to repair it, NOPE!! 2000 dollars, I had to call my insurance and pay a deductible of 500. Well the whole time I was in AZ i had to borrows moms car because me TC was in the shop until the afternoon before I drove back. The way back was better, no incidents thank god. I should get reimburse for this s*** I can't believe scion makes such cheap and dangerous sunroofs!!
WHAT?!?!? They made you pay for it? You still under warranty? When it happened to me, I drove straight to the dealer to show them. They asked me a couple of questions, apologized profusely, put me in a rental, and had my car back to me in 4 days (including a weekend). Treated me really well, I must say. The thought of paying anything out of my pocket never really entered my mind. If they said I was responsible for the damage, i would've gone apesh!t.
Old 10-18-2006, 06:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default RE; moonroof breakage investigation..again

http://news.windingroad.com/category/scion/

just ran across this whilst surf'n