Notices
Scion tC 1G Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

the new Lexus IS 350 license plate Lights

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2009, 02:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yea, your pics depict the color much more better than mine. I'm glad I got these bulbs than any other replacement
Old 05-30-2009, 05:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Yanki, you are the only person out of about 1500+ sales on these that that did not like them *LOL* And the only one that ever requested a return, which was figured upon even before the sale as you hate any color other than paper white which you stated before you tried them out. Nothing but praise otherwise, just check out the feedback over multiple posts. And ask around, you will not find anyone that has ever complained to me about the color or output. Not a single soul. And yes, I am defensive as I take GREAT PRIDE in all that I do and have accomplished. It took a LONG time to find & work with the engineers to build a quality led bulb that would not flicker & die within a month.

And for being directional, it sure looks as bright as the bulb you are comparing it to on that flint mica tc? *LOL* They look stunning and even though they are not a side fire, they are PLENTY bright & reflect inside the OEM housing really well. I have people calling me after seeing them that they like them so much. That says a LOT.

And to note, Since you were the only person ever to request a return on them, I refunded you in full. I even ate the shipping charges to you. And the amount it costs to return them was just pocket change compared to the cost, so if people had any issues at all with them, they would contact me about it. Heck I will even PAY for regular mail shipping back to me. How is that for a guarantee? I can make that guarantee because so far, I am at about a .066% return rate for the color or output

As I stated before, each to his own. I stand by my product 110% which is 10x more than others can say.
Old 05-30-2009, 06:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Premium Member

and good for you, i knew you would come to the defense if anyone stated their opinion on your bulbs. my pictures didnt lie, your led was bluer compared to my bulb, end of story? it just wasnt what i was looking for, its nothing compared to the Lexus license plate lights. the Polarg bulb is working great for me, i love the color and its what ive been wanting to quite sometime now. i dont think ill ever put a led bulb that claims its whitest and brightest when its blue, unless im color blind i just see blue in these led bulbs? congrats on your sales, it might look better on a white or silver tC, just not on dark colors?
Old 05-31-2009, 12:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
CinSity Scions
SL Member

Although i enjoyed Garage1217's license plate LEDs i ordered 6 months ago, they started flickering. I took them out, rechecked the connectors and made sure everything was still fitting but it still flickered. One started flickering then the other followed shortly after. I threw them out and decided to go with the POLARG bulbs.

for the price, the Garage1217 LEDs were not bad. i might consider buying another pair to put inside for the dome lights.
Old 05-31-2009, 02:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by mystik
Although i enjoyed Garage1217's license plate LEDs i ordered 6 months ago, they started flickering. I took them out, rechecked the connectors and made sure everything was still fitting but it still flickered. One started flickering then the other followed shortly after. I threw them out and decided to go with the POLARG bulbs.

for the price, the Garage1217 LEDs were not bad. i might consider buying another pair to put inside for the dome lights.
If you purchased bulbs 6 months ago from me, they are not even close to the same bulbs I am selling now. I went through 3 revisions of the aluminum ringed version before arriving at this final version. They are totally re-engineered Feel free to shoot me a pm, I will replace them at no cost as I stand behind my product, even old product I no longer sell.

You will definitely see first hand how different they are when the new ones arrive Also if it was 6+ months ago, were they the multi led version?
Old 05-31-2009, 02:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by Yanki01
and good for you, i knew you would come to the defense if anyone stated their opinion on your bulbs. my pictures didnt lie, your led was bluer compared to my bulb, end of story? it just wasnt what i was looking for, its nothing compared to the Lexus license plate lights. the Polarg bulb is working great for me, i love the color and its what ive been wanting to quite sometime now. i dont think ill ever put a led bulb that claims its whitest and brightest when its blue, unless im color blind i just see blue in these led bulbs? congrats on your sales, it might look better on a white or silver tC, just not on dark colors?
Honestly, I think your eyes may be multiple times more sensitive to blue light than other peoples as much as you talk about it. That and you have 1E0 paint which has blue flake in it along with blue on the license plate, may be amplifying it for you. My flint tC looked to have a hint of super dark blue even in daylight. The bulbs actually have a very small hint of violet to the white, not blue. But shown on certain paint, would reflect blue. Not that the bulb is blue in any way. I can send you a "blue" bulb for comparison, not even remotely similar in any way shape or form.
Old 05-31-2009, 06:19 AM
H2k
5 Year Member
SL Member

If anyone's looking for LED bulbs that have absolutely no blue tint, check out these bulbs from this guy.. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=200346943428

These are white with a soft yellowish tint, they are maybe slightly yellower than the Polarg M4's. Unfortunately, they're longer than normal 194/168 bulbs so they don't fit in our license frame light housing. I'm currently using them as my parking lights and they go great with my 4500k HIDs, with much more light output than the Polarg M4's. Several guys at ClubLexus are using these bulbs to match up with their OEM HIDs.
Old 05-31-2009, 06:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I have some of those laying around that I tested awhile back for a manufacturer. If anyone wants them, I will give them away. Just pay for shipping. They are 5050 leds with 3 chips per led. They are decent output wise, and just like H2K said, they are a "warm white" bulb which means they have a slightly yellow cast to them.
Old 05-31-2009, 07:36 AM
H2k
5 Year Member
SL Member

How much is shipping?
Old 05-31-2009, 06:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

$4.99 priority mail.
Old 05-31-2009, 06:40 PM
10 Year Member