Notices
Scion tC 1G Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

New Pics of BCP tC w/ Tein H-Tech Drop and TYC Tails

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2005, 06:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i looked at the swaybar at dezod. The picture had 2 bars in it. Was that just the rear bar or did you get a front one also. I noticed they sold the hotchskis front and rear for $300
Old 08-17-2005, 02:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Premium Member

Old 08-17-2005, 05:04 PM
5 Year Member

quick job just to show the black cherry and bronze are a perfect match
Old 08-18-2005, 02:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by Smoses799
i looked at the swaybar at dezod. The picture had 2 bars in it. Was that just the rear bar or did you get a front one also. I noticed they sold the hotchskis front and rear for $300
yeah .. i have just the rear swaybar .. the actual swaybar offered by Progress looks much different then the pics .. its gray .. and its just the rear bar .. 3 way adjustable .. and thanks to kRosano for the photoshop .. looks interesting .. cant wait to see what it really looks like ...
Old 08-18-2005, 02:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That is a good drop
Old 08-18-2005, 09:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just curious if you scrape with the OEM kit?
Old 08-18-2005, 07:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

That drop looks very close to what the Tein S-techs would be. Are you sure you didn't get the S-techs by mistake...lol.
Old 08-19-2005, 02:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by whoisdan
Just curious if you scrape with the OEM kit?
i dont have the full kit .. just the front lip .. and i dont scrape too much .. i have been deliverin pizza with it in a town w/ alot of bumps and stuff .. not too much problem .. only major problem is that my parents house has a really steep driveway .. so i can pull in fine .. but leaving facing out with the front end is impossible .. i back out of the driveway and i dont scrape at all .. its a pain in the ___ cuz its a busy road .. oh well .. price ya have to pay .. but yeah ... havent had too much problem with it ..

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
That drop looks very close to what the Tein S-techs would be. Are you sure you didn't get the S-techs by mistake...lol.
yes im sure i bought the H-techs .. and yeah it does look almost as low as the S-techs .. but if you look closely .. check out people's tCs w/ S-techs and their front sits just a little lower and their rear end tucks in .. mine sits a little higher off the back... a little over a half inch clearance .. and the front theres a little less then a half inch clearance .. my average drop is about 2" ... 2" in the front and like 1.7" in the back.. the S-tech drop is 2.4" front and 2.0" in the rear .. i think my drop looks great .. im not a fan of "tuck" .. and i think the stance looks perfect .. its a noticeable drop .. definitely more then TRD springs .. im very happy with what i bought ..
Old 08-19-2005, 01:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by daggerSLADE
yes im sure i bought the H-techs .. and yeah it does look almost as low as the S-techs .. but if you look closely .. check out people's tCs w/ S-techs and their front sits just a little lower and their rear end tucks in .. mine sits a little higher off the back... a little over a half inch clearance .. and the front theres a little less then a half inch clearance .. my average drop is about 2" ... 2" in the front and like 1.7" in the back.. the S-tech drop is 2.4" front and 2.0" in the rear .. i think my drop looks great .. im not a fan of "tuck" .. and i think the stance looks perfect .. its a noticeable drop .. definitely more then TRD springs .. im very happy with what i bought ..
It is a nice drop. Cleaner look IMO. I think I'm going with the H-techs now seeing your drop, instead of the S-techs.
Old 08-20-2005, 03:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

glad i could be of some help .. yeah S-techs are too low IMO ..
Old 08-26-2005, 04:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

bump bump .. i want more feedback
Old 09-24-2005, 02:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

bump bump bump
Old 09-24-2005, 05:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

they look pretty nice
Old 09-25-2005, 02:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

nice job jesse .. thanx ..
Old 09-25-2005, 03:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Car looks niiiice! Go with a 35 offset. I have 18s' on my tC and I think the 35 offset gives it a more aggressive look. I hated how the Stock 17s' were so far back in the wheel well. I'm thinking of getting TRD Springs. I just want a subtle drop. Anybody know how long (estimate) Stock Shocks and Struts would last with TRD Springs? Click 'Profile' for a pick of 18s'.
Old 09-25-2005, 03:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Premium Member

nice rims! TRD doesnt give you a huge enough drop like TEINS or Hotchkins so you really wouldnt have to replace the shocks and struts? at least not any time soon? Now if you go with Hotchkins like me or TIENS then you would have to replace them pretty sooner than usuall with the TRD's. BTW TRD gives a good drop slightly noticeable? I "WAS" gonna go with the TRD's but then i found Hotchkins and saw some tC's with them and it looks sooo nice! Have you thought of coilovers? IDK what your budget is but if you have the money! It will save you in the long run with coilovers! I know TEIN has a great set-up for that! IMO you car will look nice with a decent drop like TRD's! post some pics when you get them!
Old 10-02-2005, 01:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

bumpity bump bump ... side note .. ive noticed that my left rear side sits just a tad lower then the right rear side .. im guessin its cause im usually the only one in the car pretty much all the time .. so the left rear sits just a little lower.. oh well .. i dunno if theres anythin i can do about it .. looks like its a half inch off the wheels on the right rear side and almost 3/4th of an inch on the right rear side ...
Old 10-05-2005, 11:27 PM
5 Year Member

what kind of shocks would you have to go with when you need to replace the stock shock with the h-techs? the TRD shocks would work fine with the h-tech springs?
Old 10-14-2005, 04:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

not sure about the shocks yet .. guess time will tell .. ok .. now for the good news .. i just ordered a set of those TYC LED Taillights from SparksToyota .. i know .. flame me if u want .. but i think they will look great on my car .. ill post pics when i install them .. im also gettin some amber LEDs to put for the blinkers cuz the taillights only come w/ the brakelights as LEDs (oh well) ..
Old 10-14-2005, 02:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Yo, I got my Tein H-techs from ZPI. I have had them for about a week and a half. I love them. Seem like the handling of the car increased by 10 fold.

IMO, you should have used the money that you bought those TYC's with, and got some wheel spacers instead. Those TYC's look good on certain colors, but I'm not sure what it will look like on our BCP color. Now, I would have to admit they look better when you do an overlay on them to give them some tint. Maybe you should try that.

And it seems we have the same taste in style. I too want the Buddy Club 2 kit, and a CF hood. But my rims are going to be 19x8.5's, and Racing Harts. I have yet to see a TC with the rims I'm getting. But I'm going turbo before I get the rims. Stage 0 to come late next month, early Dec.

Quick Reply: New Pics of BCP tC w/ Tein H-Tech Drop and TYC Tails