Notices
Scion tC 1G Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

NEW Product - DDE (Angel Eye) Headlight Modification

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2005, 01:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

This is BS.
Old 06-14-2005, 03:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Everyone listen to smash... as much as people want James and CC to succeed, they need to get their communication down and their products shipped.
Old 06-14-2005, 03:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

BS?? Fine so be it... However my main focus is more towards taking care of the customers who call, 300 + e-mails over the weekend and getting customers ordered shipped out... I know you all probably haven't looked outside of this thread, but we are dealing with a lot of new products right now that we HAD to get shipped out versus simply posting images of a product you cannot buy yet... This product will not be for sale until I can test fit the items on our company car which will not occur till next week. Also as mentioned... I am working to add OPTIONS to this kit for the public.

So instead of listening to smash and jumpin on a bandwagon... Lets see something called patience.. Parts are NOT made over night for this car incase you all just got the car... new products are taking a while to get developed... I for one do not rush products to the market like every other company and have fitment issues, quality issues or a half done product.

Thanks
James

UPLOADING PICS NOW
Old 06-14-2005, 03:52 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

UPLOADING ???????? im waiting .. ahah jk take your time i dont want to have to return my headlights cause you guys overseen a problem just to rush the product to the general public....
Old 06-14-2005, 04:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

First of all... THese pics are REALLY hard to tell how they were modified versus what is for sale... So READ This instead of sending 50 million questions down the pipe line...

These are factory headlights. The DDE Demon Eyes have been added to both half circles located inside the headlights. This is the bright light that produces the angel eye-like effect.

However, the lights in the image are for our company car. The lights are using the DDE Demon Eyes which you can see if you look very closely. The inners of the headlights have also been painted SuperWhite to match the exterior of the car. The amber reflector has been tinted smoke black to appear blacked out. NONE of these options will be available for sale, however you can have a local body shop do these. Because we did the white inners, it is really hard to see how bright the demon eyes are during the day, however we will get night pics when the lights are back in our car.

Thanks
James

Old 06-14-2005, 04:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

James - I appreciate the fact that when you deliver products, your customers seem to be happy and the products seem to gbe good. You just have a track record around here of delaying when those things actually ship (whether or not it's your fault directly) and being slow to communicate. If you get so much mail, maybe it's because you have a really popular product, but if that's the case, maybe you should say "We're swamped and won't be answering emails and PMs in a timely manner". Or maybe you should hire some more help. Either way, not doing things half assed and not ____ing people off don't have to be mutually exclusive.
Old 06-14-2005, 04:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Damn... looking hot James.. Nice! Just keep us informed.. I'm def getting this mod.
Old 06-14-2005, 04:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

How about showing pics of the actual product that we can order so you guys can rack up the pre-orders.
Old 06-14-2005, 04:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Manufacturers control when an item is available... Right now as the #1 supplier of Scion parts, we do have alot of items on a backorder status... but we also stock more than any other retailer on these boards for the Scion tC.

As far as slow to communicate... I don't work weekends. I am usually in travel with a race team and cannot work on the weekend. Many if not all companies that visit these boards are also off on the weekends.

If you need quicker answers, be more than happy to take your call... I am in the office all day and NO CALL comes before a message board....
Old 06-14-2005, 04:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

He isn't ready to do that yet. And he doesn't have time to keep up with an 8 page thread. It's just a shame - tons ofp eople want to buy his stuff. As far as tC accessories go, James and CC seem to have some of the best stuff around. I hope me makes enough off of the short shifters that he should be shipping already to hire some email-answering help.
Old 06-14-2005, 04:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Dude... what is your beef? We have SHIPPED and informed all of our customers of the manufacturer delays on the shifters... by Friday, I am pretty sure ALL shifters will be shipped out.. Don't try to make accusations on stuff that isn't there.... Communication IS there and will continue to be there... However you as well as all customers have to be reasonable... DONT order an item on Sunday night, e-mail 2 hours later asking for tracking, IM me first thing on Monday before the shop opens then be the first call in on Monday going, where is my stuff.... We get this over and over... This is what is preventing us from being able to communicate with the scion life community. As well as people not reading the threads themselves... Our company thrives on providing the desired product to our customer in a timely manner. The only holdups we ever have on the shipment of items is ALWAYS Manufacturer which all distributors deal with on a daily basis.

So in conclusion, if you have a problem, feel free to contact me. If not, please refrain from posting further accusations or suggestions on how to run a company in our thread. IF You all would have read the post versus just looking at the pic, you will see that it was STATED the DDE Demon Eyes are installed in the photo...So I AM READY to post images of what you are getting.... cause its in the IMAGE that was posted.
Old 06-14-2005, 04:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

IMAGE OF DDE being installed and lighted up.
Old 06-14-2005, 05:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just need a pic of the product in use (installed on car) and I'll be saving up for it
Old 06-14-2005, 06:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

No. A track record of stringing people along telling them a certain product or photo will be released on a certain date, then pushing it back to the point where no one even cares anymore. I understand you have a business to run and it's good you want to take care of your customers, but you need to think a little bit before you make a big stink over a new/upcoming product and then let everyone down again and again when the release date/photos get set back. All you're doing is ____ing off your fan base.
Old 06-14-2005, 07:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Setbacks are from the manufacturers and we have definitely chewed them out as much as possible to try to get quicker results.... Doesn't work
Old 06-14-2005, 08:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Man I'd hate to be a manufacturer/seller on this board. Do you people realize that if often takes years for a product to get from conception to shelves? Ease up a bit! It's still a new car model and you should still expect the aftermarket to be playing catchup. You don't want a $200+ piece of CRAP do you?!

P.S. This is not, in any way shape or form, an attempt at kissing up to Creative Compacts to get them to let me demo one of these products. EVEN THOUGH my tC does get a lot of exposure and people asking where to buy it and aftermarket parts for it, at regional automotive gatherings and otherwise. EVEN THOUGH I'm running out of money to spend on the car (after $6000+car itself) and it is pretty much all go and not a lot of show and it'd be mutually beneficial for manufacturers to look over this way and throw me a bone. That's most certainly not what this is all about.
Old 06-14-2005, 08:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

All the companies in car industry mess up with dealines all the time. At least these guys are not that bad about it. Have a little temperance and be happy that we have innovative companies in our scion community.
Old 06-14-2005, 11:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Ya know he could just not tell you anything and have you wait until he has them sitting at his warehouse ready to deliver....but it seems as though MOST people appreciate the progress reports. This is just ONE forum and just ONE means of communication. He TRIES his best to get the information out, but if hes swamped at the office on Friday and doesnt get the images until late, maybe its not the biggest priority to post them. Its not like they are for sale yet. All I have to say is some of you need to chill out. I have never seen so much _____ing about products before. He may not stick to his posts 100% but who can and who does...he's getting the products produced for YOU. You should appreciate it.

On a better note I'm painting my headlights black cherry lol
Old 06-16-2005, 04:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

lookin good so far buddy
Old 06-16-2005, 02:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by CreativeCompacts
Setbacks are from the manufacturers and we have definitely chewed them out as much as possible to try to get quicker results.... Doesn't work

You know.. that was pretty F'ed up of me to go off on your company like that. You're absolutely right; I'm a marketing major and obviously understand that setbacks happen when dealing with supply chain issues; so that was my bad. Will you accept my apology? You guys are bringing out some great products for the tC and overall have the best customer service of any aftermarket company I know. So, please do excuse me and the others who've been rude to you about release dates and such. I'd like to take it back and just let you know that we all think you're doing a great job and to keep up the good work.

Quick Reply: NEW Product - DDE (Angel Eye) Headlight Modification