Notices
Scion tC 1G Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

NEW Product - DDE (Angel Eye) Headlight Modification

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2005, 06:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

SWEETTTTTT!!!!!! Good looking out James!!!!
Old 06-19-2005, 08:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

so will this be something where we ship u our headlights for u to do the install? or do we do it ourselves?

Thanks
Old 06-20-2005, 12:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The install will be something you do yourselves...
Old 06-20-2005, 01:49 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

nice work man nice work those look aweseme!!! when you think u will have them for sale? dont mean to b one of these ppl that rush you just wanna know approx. ? also, is that a special paint? high temp. paint or wat? srry if it's a dumb Q
Old 06-20-2005, 01:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Demon Eyes are now ready for PreOrder.
Creative Compacts Demon Eyes

PLEASE NOTE... No cancellations once you submit your preorder. We had a lot of issues on this with the short shifter because it was not mentioned. So now its mentioned, the rules will not be broken. No Cancellations on preorders.
Old 06-20-2005, 02:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

will u guys provide us with a DIY? if so im IN!
Old 06-20-2005, 02:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

200 bucks for 10 dollars worth of cold cathode lighting...What's that? 190 bucks for heating up the tube and bending it into the shape of a circle? Plus, it's a Do-It-Yourself install? Dang! What does the wiring look like?
Old 06-20-2005, 02:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

umm I think you are misunderstanding... the product is not your simple led lights and your plastic mini blind wand... these are glass tubes that are a constant light all the way around the circle.

The kit includes
4 Halos

2 Demon Eye Ballasts

1 full wiring harness

1 year warranty

Online Instructions

All Hardware and Installation Included

Please be advised, the kit uses a BALLAST... This is not a cheap 12v LED kit...this is the brightest on the market, period.
Old 06-20-2005, 02:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

What color are the actual rings themselves when unlighted? Will they match the factory plastic of the headlights? In the pics they appear to be painted white to match the headlight housing that is also painted.
Old 06-20-2005, 03:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

No the rings are white in color when turned off.
Old 06-20-2005, 03:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thats what I was wondering.. where are the pics besides the 1st page
Old 06-20-2005, 03:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

Originally Posted by CreativeCompacts
umm I think you are misunderstanding... the product is not your simple led lights and your plastic mini blind wand... these are glass tubes that are a constant light all the way around the circle.

The kit includes
4 Halos

2 Demon Eye Ballasts

1 full wiring harness

1 year warranty

Online Instructions

Please be advised, the kit uses a BALLAST... This is not a cheap 12v LED kit...this is the brightest on the market, period.
I'm not talking about "LED kits." I'm talking about cold cathode tubes. If your kits are being made by um nitza, I'm pretty sure your kits includes 4 cold cathode tubes in the shape of rings and the "Demon Eye Ballasts" are nothing more than power inverters that power the 4 cold cathodes (two CCLs to a power inverter). I'm hoping your wire harness (wires and t-taps?) include a relay. I think you need to show potential customers pictures of the kit (uninstalled) as well as an install guide if you expect them to put down a non-refundable $200 to preorder your kit.

My friend used to sell DDE kits for BMWs and he said umnitza's kits are the same as his (Leistung.Motorwerkes). He also sold his kits for 100-115 a set. Also, I hope your customer service is better than umnitza's. Apparently the owner, Matt, pretty much tells customers who are seeking technical support to **** off.
Old 06-20-2005, 03:42 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

some pics from afar at mid day and night .. please !!!!!!!
Old 06-20-2005, 04:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Per requests. we will get pics of the products uninstalled. Will take a few days. At this time we have our kit our of the car making some minor adjustments.
Old 06-20-2005, 04:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

CC, will you be at next months meet in woodbridge?? i think its june 2? I would love to see the demon eyes, if i like it in person, i wont hesitate to get it!
thanks!
Old 06-20-2005, 04:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

typo...i meant JULY 2!!
Old 06-20-2005, 04:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Alot of things can change between now and then, but I am sure we will have the tC there. I am expecting my RX8 to be ready to debut at that show so I will have to see if one of our co-workers/friends can drive the tC cause I know I will be driving the RX8... no comparision to boost
Old 06-20-2005, 04:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

cool, thanks for the quick reply
Old 06-20-2005, 04:51 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by mikochu
Originally Posted by CreativeCompacts

The kit includes
4 Halos

2 Demon Eye Ballasts

1 full wiring harness

1 year warranty

Online Instructions

I'm not talking about "LED kits." I'm talking about cold cathode tubes. If your kits are being made by um nitza, I'm pretty sure your kits includes 4 cold cathode tubes in the shape of rings and the "Demon Eye Ballasts" are nothing more than power inverters that power the 4 cold cathodes (two CCLs to a power inverter). I'm hoping your wire harness (wires and t-taps?) include a relay. I think you need to show potential customers pictures of the kit (uninstalled) as well as an install guide if you expect them to put down a non-refundable $200 to preorder your kit.

My friend used to sell DDE kits for BMWs and he said umnitza's kits are the same as his (Leistung.Motorwerkes). He also sold his kits for 100-115 a set. Also, I hope your customer service is better than umnitza's. Apparently the owner, Matt, pretty much tells customers who are seeking technical support to **** off.
Your "friend" is nothing more than an 18 year old college student working out of his dorm room. Your "friend" didn't engineer anything, he scooped up the product from some copy cat artists in Taiwan and decided that he knew better than the established companies what was good for the consumer. What his motives were, only he knows. Your "friend" is also a past customer with someone unreasonable expectations that we actually managed to fulfill.

Our customer service is second to none, we had some hiccups but your blatant attack on our credibility smacks of someone with a chip on their shoulder put there by people whom you think you trust.

It's great how little people on big forums are allowed to have BIG opinions and blatantly attempt to slander established companies with long established happy customer bases with nothing more than rumour and innuendo. My best friend's cat's second owner's cousin's girlfriend said crap isn't really useful - it's called hearsay.

We have never ever told any customer to be on their own. We give them full instructions.

Additionally, though you probably don't realize this, but these rings were never in existence. We had to custom design a completely new mold for this - @ 10K per mold (each ring had to be done in an individual design) and a minimum PROMISED volume, it wasn't cheap. This is a chance we're taking.

We think this market will be bigger than BMW products, we expect it to be so, so we're hoping that our engineering efforts in the BMW space can translate into some avenues.

Sure, the actual technology isn't that expenisve, but then, you probably didn't realize that your SCION costs about 1-2K to make overall - the actuall cost of the parts. But blood, sweat, tears, engineering, marketing, support, service, etc. costs money. If you fail to see that, you will probably also fail to see the vast highway of failed companies that FAILED to realize that their business was run on profits. You think it costs McDonalds $.50 to make a burger they sell you for $1? If the burger is more than .02 to make, I'd be impressed <-- that's including the wrapper and the pickles;)

-------------

Now, boy's and girls, this product will be done properly and finished properly. The final stages are almost finished and we anticipate that with CreativeCompacts wonderful assistance, we'll bring the product into the market properly.

We only want to be the back end MFG of this, we don't want to retail it unless we absolutely have to. And right now, we don't have to.

Thanks James for pointing us to this thread
Old 06-20-2005, 05:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

greetings, pretty interested in the product just a few questions,the 200 bucks when is this charged?, now or just before the product ships? and how hard is the install and what tools are needed , and would it be best to take it to a custom shop and have them do it, about how much time should it take for install? thanks!

Quick Reply: NEW Product - DDE (Angel Eye) Headlight Modification