Notices
Scion tC 1G Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

NEW Product - DDE (Angel Eye) Headlight Modification

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2005, 05:31 AM
Former Sponsor

$200? I don't set retail, you can talk to CreativeCompacts.

Install?

For the lights:
You need an oven.
You need a flat head screw driver
You need a philips head.
You need this great glue we use (you can buy it from us, or from Ace Hardware).

For removing the headlights from the car?
Probably requires bumper removal which is much easier than it sounds - probably just 8-10 bolts max.
Old 06-20-2005, 08:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thanks man, appreciate the reply
Old 06-20-2005, 12:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

umnitza,

Although I'm not interested in a kit, I believe the customers that are interested should see what they are getting before they shell out the money. It would be beneficial to see what the actual kit, molds, and even what the fabrication process looks like before they give Creative Compacts the non-refundable amount of $199, especially since Creative Compacts is probably the sole reseller of the umnitza DDEs...

And yes, what I mentioned about umnitza company's technical support may very well be gossip, but it's up to you and/or Creative Compacts to prove the hearsay wrong when the tC kits come out and customers need technical support.
Old 06-20-2005, 03:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by tCrew R
CC, will you be at next months meet in woodbridge?? i think its june 2? I would love to see the demon eyes, if i like it in person, i wont hesitate to get it!
thanks!
would anyone look down on me if i ride up in my camry since im still waiting for my tC and might not have it by july 2?

i'd love to see these demon eyes in person and since i just moved out of my 'rents place in WB i'd love to go

edit: is there a link for this meet? i couldnt find it in the mid-atlantic forum
Old 06-20-2005, 03:21 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by mikochu
umnitza,

Although I'm not interested in a kit, I believe the customers that are interested should see what they are getting before they shell out the money. It would be beneficial to see what the actual kit, molds, and even what the fabrication process looks like before they give Creative Compacts the non-refundable amount of $199, especially since Creative Compacts is probably the sole reseller of the umnitza DDEs...

And yes, what I mentioned about umnitza company's technical support may very well be gossip, but it's up to you and/or Creative Compacts to prove the hearsay wrong when the tC kits come out and customers need technical support.
Beneficial how? So you can go and copy them? Gimme a break. What business in their right mind would show you the inner workings of a product on a publicly viewed forum?

Wait, why don't I send you the exact measurements, drawings, pictures, and even give you the address and contact information of our factory reps? Wait, I have a better idea...let me just buy you a ticket, fund your research and development for you, and then you can just sell the product yourself.

I may have been born at night, but it wasn't last night.

We have nothing to prove that hasn't already been proven 1000 times over, we'll be happy to prove it to this community as well.
Old 06-20-2005, 05:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by umnitza
umnitza,

Beneficial how? So you can go and copy them? Gimme a break. What business in their right mind would show you the inner workings of a product on a publicly viewed forum?

Wait, why don't I send you the exact measurements, drawings, pictures, and even give you the address and contact information of our factory reps? Wait, I have a better idea...let me just buy you a ticket, fund your research and development for you, and then you can just sell the product yourself.

We have nothing to prove that hasn't already been proven 1000 times over, we'll be happy to prove it to this community as well.
LOL $200 non refundable for a product you can't see uninstalled? Crazy
Old 06-20-2005, 05:54 PM
Former Sponsor

Excuse me, you can see it installed. You can't see it uninstalled.

It's installed and has more pictures coming tomorrow

He's asking for uninstalled pictures of the molds, process, etc.
Sorry, uh uh.
Old 06-20-2005, 06:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I have an actual question for you...

When you install this does it turn on when you turn on the driving lights (whatever the middle position is before the headlights come on)? Because I feel that driving light is useless and its color messes up the colors of the Silverstar lights I have installed. If the fact that it's a ballast answers this question, please explain because I don't know what a ballast is.

Thanks
Old 06-20-2005, 06:30 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by draven301
I have an actual question for you...

When you install this does it turn on when you turn on the driving lights (whatever the middle position is before the headlights come on)? Because I feel that driving light is useless and its color messes up the colors of the Silverstar lights I have installed. If the fact that it's a ballast answers this question, please explain because I don't know what a ballast is.

Thanks
It turns on using a wiring harness. This harness allows you to use any 12V positive lead as your wiring trigger.

The rings will not illuminate the road, that's the function of your car's lighting. This headlight will have a retrofitted 9006 HID system into it and we'll take pictures of it
Old 06-20-2005, 06:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

How does one wire the demon eyes to turn on? Is it a switch that goes in one of the 4 slots on the left side of the steering wheel or can we have it turn on when we put our parking lights (not the low or high beam, but the very dim light that turns on right before you turn the **** to turn on the low beam lights)?
Old 06-20-2005, 06:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by z-lite
...or can we have it turn on when we put our parking lights (not the low or high beam, but the very dim light that turns on right before you turn the **** to turn on the low beam lights)?
That's what I'm talking about. I'd like to remove the really dim light (ooogly) and replace it with the rings. That's my question!

HIDs? Is this an entry mod to a much more expensive mod?
Old 06-20-2005, 06:48 PM
Former Sponsor

Parking lights are standard.
You can choose any 12V trigger wire.
If you want them to turn on with the stereo, rear brake lights, overhead interior dome light, or even with the cigarette lighter, all can be done.
Old 06-20-2005, 07:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

when you said retrofitting a hid, did you mean actually retrofitting an HID projector from OEM parts or just plugging in a 9006 based hid kit?
Old 06-20-2005, 10:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

*snip*

Calm down...

Thanks for the ideas, but I'm not asking for measurements or anything. I'm sure potential customers would like to see how these kits are made.
Old 06-20-2005, 10:20 PM
Former Sponsor

Far be it for me to accuse a moderator of any impropriety, but it seems that you have a far more vested interest in this than many others.

Watching out for your fellow guys is one thing - I'm sure they can fend for themselves - but considering you have an xA, and don't even own a tC, there's a bit more "interest" than we can imagine from someone without the car;)

Anyways, we'll get more details for y'all as you need them and as we can get them.
Old 06-21-2005, 02:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

Far be it for me to accuse a moderator of any impropriety, but it seems that you have a far more vested interest in this than many others.

Watching out for your fellow guys is one thing - I'm sure they can fend for themselves - but considering you have an xA, and don't even own a tC, there's a bit more "interest" than we can imagine from someone without the car;)

Anyways, we'll get more details for y'all as you need them and as we can get them.
I'm sorry. I've worked with cold cathodes when I used to modify computers 5-6 years ago. I used to order them from hobbytron.com since they were not readily available at stores. I know how delicate they can be and how they are pliable with enough heat. I just don't want fellow Scion owners to put the non-refundable $199 that Creative Compacts is requesting without knowing what they are buying. The only pictures that James has shown us are of the CCLs on with the stock black headlight housing and pictures of the CCLs on/off in their modified headlight housing (painted white). I'm curious how the white ring of the CCLs (off) looks like with the stock black housing...if they are an eyesore or not.
Old 06-21-2005, 06:33 AM
Former Sponsor

The stuff in the computer cases has very little to do with the parts we make. It's like saying it's an AMC Gremlin or a Toyota/Scion tC. They both look and act like cars, but they really aren't in the same ball park.

We have a lot of stats - 20000 hours life, 36000mcd output (highest available for that lifespan) 18V max input voltage (we're still working on that), as well as lots of other features.

Just let us finish it before your skepticism takes over

BTW - skepticism that is healthy is a good thing, but being somewhat pessimistic or even sarcastic in that skepticism doesn't really help
Old 06-21-2005, 02:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Soooo how about those pictures from a distance
Old 06-23-2005, 03:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I can't wait to get mine....and send them to my friends in Taiwan to have them copied. go APC!!!
Old 06-23-2005, 04:38 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by tc is for turbo charged
I can't wait to get mine....and send them to my friends in Taiwan to have them copied. go APC!!!
it's people like you that should be put behind bars.

disgraceful.

Quick Reply: NEW Product - DDE (Angel Eye) Headlight Modification