Notices
Scion tC 1G Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

NEW Product - DDE (Angel Eye) Headlight Modification

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2005, 06:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by maximus96
Originally Posted by BrEaK_AwaY
looks very good. but that install seems to be too extreme for that... i think i will wait for headlights to come out for the tC that incorporate the angel eyes.
those will more than likely be using LED angel eyes and no where near as bright as CCFLs.
im not planning on useing the angel eyes for driving lights, only for show. so as long as that light up a shade of blue, or hyper white, im happy.
Old 07-28-2005, 06:35 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

So...I really don't feel like reading 13 pages of forums but from the pictures this is nice. How much are we looking at and whats the wait in these?
Old 07-28-2005, 06:41 PM
5 Year Member

looks like your almost finished with your installation guide, thanks for the how-to on the first part, but i still need help installing the wiring ... thanks though, i really want them in so fast and I can't help feeling helpless without knowing what I'm gonna do to my car ... again, thanks for the info and I can't wait for that wiring install to come out
Old 07-28-2005, 07:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scion Justice League of America
SL Member

For the Hesistant Few...

My install guide will also feature pictures, to assist in install technique, and I will also work on a Video for those who need a little more push.

For those who think this install is too tough, I'd really encourage you to check out my guide and video once completed. The most challenging part is separating the lenses, but outside of that, it's roughly just tactful gluing and basic wiring, which most can complete no problem.

If anyone has done a CAI install, this only adds a few more learning points to complete.

If you have any questions about this, or are in the Pacific Northwest and want to get together to get these on, I'll have no problem working with you.

Umnitza has a great product here and has been developing these for many different vehicles for a long time... I'm really glad we're getting photos up and getting these out!
Old 07-28-2005, 07:24 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

you can wire them up to anything... they'll turn on even if you touch the contacts to your battery terminals... that's how i test fired them before actually mounting... you can splice them into anything, high beam, low beam, turn signal, parking light...

the wiring harness install is for a wiring harness i'm waiting on from umnitza... i think its something along the lines of either running a switch to the cabin or having the rings turn on when you unlock or something...

if anyone wants to try it on their own... i believe wire 2 on the 1K connector becomes hot whenever you open the door or or unlock the car (basically whenever the dome lights turn on) and by hot imean it gets power... not ouch hot =)
Old 08-01-2005, 02:54 AM
5 Year Member

alright so I went ahead and installed the DDE's on my headlights as the E46 instructions had told me which was at an okay difficulty, but now I'm stuck ... I've been given this Song Chuan relay and three connecting wires, but all the wires aren't connected to the relay ... now what am I supposed to do ... the relay looks somewhat like this on the inside _________
| __ __ |
| __ __ |
|________|
well at least that's what the connections look like they should be connected too ... theres a fuse connection which Ive previously connected to the + of my battery and then theres a + and - connection that are wired to my halos and ballasts ... so the predicament im in is that i have no idea where to plug the three wires and i dont want to shock my self or anything in that matter ... please if anyone is finishing up an install, or at least knows a little about relays and +, -, and stuff like that ... let me know ... thanks

p.s. - i also don't know which of the three wires I should use to tap into the parking light/ headlight wire of my car ... thanks again guys/girls ... ill be patiently waiting ...
Old 08-01-2005, 05:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

if the relay is a basic 5 pin relay with 85,86,87,87a,and 30 labled on it, then connect pin 30 fused to battery, 87 to power wire of DDE inverter, 85 to whatever power source that you want to turn on the DDE with, and 86 to ground. you can ignore the 87a pin.
Old 08-02-2005, 03:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I've recieved the Umnitza wiring loom and your post is correct on the wiring... somewhat...

87 is to Battery
30 is the the Ballasts of the DDE
85 to the 12 volt switch or wire that you want the DDE's to come on with (Parking/Lows/Highs/Other)
86 to Ground...
87a, the middle wire... It has a long a** wire connected which serves no purpose to my knowledge. (I you connect this to a 12v constant, when the relay is not switched on, the power goes to the ballasts) I was thinking that you could reverse wired the loom and have the 87a go to the parking light feed and 85 to the headlight feed... so when you turned on the parking lights, the DDE's lit and when you turned on the headlights, the DDE's shut off.

Their are many different wiring options, I'm probably going to wire mine to have power available whenever the ACC is on and then have the switched power be tied to a switch on my panel next to my TCover switch. That way I can switch them on and off at will and not have to worry about leaving them on, on accident....

These things are Flippin' BRIGHT!!!!
Old 08-02-2005, 04:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the relay closes the the circuit between 87 and 30 when power goes thru 85 and 86, it doesn't matter which is battery, both way work the same.
Old 08-02-2005, 05:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Does anyone have a picture of the rings installed, in daylight, not on? Myself & several others have asked for these. We want to see what the rings look like against the stock housing color, NOT white, which would blend in the rings better. If someone could post this photo, I would greatly appreciate it.

I think people, myself included, would like to see what the completed, uninstalled kit looks like. Not production photos or anything like that, just a picture of the completed kit, as we will receive it when we order.
Old 08-02-2005, 05:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

^^ Agreed. That's one of the things that have been keeping me from seriously looking into this....no finished product photos.
Old 08-02-2005, 05:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by umnitza
This headlight will have a retrofitted 9006 HID system into it and we'll take pictures of it
Are you talking about making/selling a combination HID/Demon Eye kit? Or are you saying that the tC with the Demon Eye kit in the photo will have a separate HID kit on it, not related to the Demon Eye kit you are making?

Thanks!
Old 08-02-2005, 05:53 PM
5 Year Member

alright so i did everything "maximus" and a few others told me and if i'm going to tell you my problem i have to show you what happened from the beginning ...

1st when i got my set of DDE's the package came in a UPS box with only the 4 lights, the wiring harness (came with 2 wires: a red + and a black - groundwhich split into 2 seperate wires for the ballasts) which was unconnected from the relay and the 2 ballasts, and I also got 2 red taps ... so with everything unconnected AND NO installation guide, I was SORT OF upset ... well with hours of research and 2 days off, i took the time to install the whole system with a couple of guides I had asked Umnitza to give me (I mean they were nice enough to GIVE me online instructions after forgetting to give me the written one) but this wasn't for the tC, it was for the bmw e46 so that was difficult because of the different colored wires and how in that guide the relay and wiring harness were already preconnected (I wish I had it that easy) ... alright, so I finish the install of the rings, and I'm at the point where I finally get my relay to start working correctly after replying on here a few times about relays ^up a few posts^ and now I'm stuck once again ... I realized that I don't have a certain wire that I need to tap the power of the headlights into (whereas I use this certain wire as my trigger wire using a 12V source such as the parking light wire and such), so is there anyway I can have my lights working with only the: 1. fuse and battery ground + wire, 2. the - ground wire, and 3. the + wire that splits into the ballasts ... I really need some install help or someone to help with the last step (which wire do I tap and what wire do I tap the parking lights wire to [wire 1, 2, or 3]?)

PLEASE if someone could help me do this before I go insane, I would SOOOOOO appreciate it ... thank you so much
Old 08-02-2005, 07:47 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

what are you using the wiring harness for?... i have my ballasts T-tapped (spliced) into my parking lights... green (+), black/white (-) on the car and white (+) black (-) on the ballasts.

soo.... green on car to white on ballast and black/white on car to black on ballast? wouldn't that work?...

basically my rings are wired in parallel with the parking lights

lights off:

first click (parking):

second click (headlights):

do those count as day pics?...

if not what about this one =P

and pang pang i'll try to take pics of my wiring but everything is stuffed under my headlight...
Old 08-02-2005, 07:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

If only the USPS wasn't complete morons....

I'd have all the answers for you, plus real photos, plus a good guide, plus wiring photos and descriptions, but the moron USPS guy must have slammed my shipped box around, cause two rings hit each other and broke... (which Umnitza is sending me new ones AT NO CHARGE!)

Pang... The wiring they gave you has a large red wire to the battery... a brown ground wire with a circle connector (Ground this to the body or a good ground point), a brown wire that goes into this middle of the relay (has a spade connector), which you can just tie off and not use. Then the relay has the two longer groups which go to each ballast. On one of those groups is a pinkish color wire (with a spade connector) ... That is the 12v switch wire.

When 12v of power is given to that pink wire.... the relay activates on and power goes to the ballasts.

I will look tonight to see which color wire in your stock harness you need to tap into to power your angels on when you parking lights are on. You can also find this by pulling out your W3W driving light bulb, which is right under your low beam bulb (It's a little wedge bulb).

The harness that connects to that little wedge bulb will have a ground wire and 12v lead wire. if you tap into the 12v lead with the pink wire and have all you other connections correct... when you turn your parking lights on, the DDE's will come on with them...

If this does not make sense, PM me with your email and I'll step you through it.

OTHERS, I'll take some pics tonight of the assemblies and what they look like lit up, outside off the housings, as I'm waiting for the new ring before I take the lights apart.

They are FLIPPIN bright....

I'm a tiny bit concerned what they will look like with them not on, as they are white and the housings are chrome... I will post pics of this when they are installed, but I plan on keeping them on at shows, so this isn't too crazy of a deal.

I believe if you install them correctly, the rings will look like accents and shouldn't signifigantly pull from the look of your ride.

PM me for questions about the product or installation assistance!
Old 08-02-2005, 07:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by integsrtite

do those count as day pics?...

if not what about this one =P
Those certianly helped, but I'd appreaciate some closer up ones, so we can see the contrast between the rings and the trim
Old 08-03-2005, 03:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by toastbox
Those certianly helped, but I'd appreaciate some closer up ones, so we can see the contrast between the rings and the trim
Ditto. That's exactly what I'm looking for.
Old 08-03-2005, 05:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

they are damn good lookin. i need money sooner so i can waste it on all the pieces of plastic, metal, glass, and other parts that make up these fine looking cars, and these angel eyes.
Old 08-03-2005, 06:46 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

close up shots... taken ~9am... i took these before i left for work even though i was already late so you guys better like them haha jp

Old 08-03-2005, 06:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Thanks! That's what I was looking for!

Quick Reply: NEW Product - DDE (Angel Eye) Headlight Modification