Notices
Scion tC 1G Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

Nokya Magnum Cosmic White 80W (5000K look)

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2006, 05:18 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

thanks for the help i'm gonna purchase the nokya cosmic whites w/ wire harness..
Old 11-25-2006, 02:09 PM
web
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If you're ordering from www.racinglab.com , please contact them and let them know you're ordering the Magnum Cosmic white bulbs after you place the order. There has been some confusion on their side in sending out orders where Arctic white lights have been mixed in the Cosmic white batches. Arctic whites burn at 7000K temp and their color is deep blue (less light). If you get the bulbs and they have dark blue colored glass, call them immediately and let them know they sent the wrong ones. The glass should be a milky color kind of like silverstars.
Old 11-25-2006, 08:44 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by web
If you're ordering from www.racinglab.com , please contact them and let them know you're ordering the Magnum Cosmic white bulbs after you place the order. There has been some confusion on their side in sending out orders where Arctic white lights have been mixed in the Cosmic white batches. Arctic whites burn at 7000K temp and their color is deep blue (less light). If you get the bulbs and they have dark blue colored glass, call them immediately and let them know they sent the wrong ones. The glass should be a milky color kind of like silverstars.
Thanks for the help...saves me a lot of trouble..
Old 11-25-2006, 09:25 PM
web
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

NP, be sure to post some pics so that we can see
Old 11-25-2006, 10:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I like my ARCTIC whites. They Look better IMO.
I finally took some pics next to my camry, you will be able to see a diff between stock lights and my Arctic Whites... Later tonight, they should be up.

LATAs!
Old 11-25-2006, 11:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Nokya Arctic White vs. Stock

Here are some unedited pics of my camrys stock lights next to my scions Nokya Arctic White.

I didnt feel like running the risk of touching a bulb, so I didnt bother removing one from my scion and putting a stock bulb back in, so here ya go...

What do you guys think?
Old 11-26-2006, 03:07 AM
web
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Nice, clean look. I like it.
Old 11-29-2006, 07:15 AM
5 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Would the Nokya arctic whites have that ultra white light with a bit of blue tint to it? I've seen a few cars with a slight tint of blue in their headlights but I dont know what brand they're using. I was thinking of going with Polarg Shinning Wizards but for $20, Nokyas sound like a way better deal than paying $80 for Polargs. I currently have silverstars.
Old 11-29-2006, 01:03 PM
web
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Arctic whites burn at 7000 K temp color range so they'll have a bit more blue showing on the road and on light surfaces. Nokya Cosmic Magnum Whites burn at around 5000 K temp color and have very little blue tint to them. More of a white light on the roads.

Hope that helps.
Old 11-29-2006, 05:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Mine do have a slight blue tint to them, you can tell in person. They look very crisp to me for bulbs. And very affordable. I'm just waiting now for one to blow out, cuz this seems too good to be true. LOL
Old 11-29-2006, 07:05 PM
5 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So how is the quality for Nokyas as compared to Polargs? I mean, for $20 for Nokyas, it's a steal. i have Polargs for turn signals and they are bright as hell and I'm very satisfied with them. And I'm sure I'll be needing the harness for the Artic Whites as they are rated at 80W, i think.

Thanks for the info web and dman.
Old 11-29-2006, 07:09 PM
web
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Arctic whites are a little cheaper than the Cosmic whites. Cosmic whites are ~50$. They both look good, but I think the Cosmic whites would be more closely related to the Polarg lights. I've never used Polarg though so this may be completely wrong. The good thing about the Arctic whites is that if one blows, it's not as expensive to replace.

As for the harness, I would get it just to be safe if you're getting any type of aftermarket bulb that doesn't burn at 55w. Use some di-electric grease to prevent arching in between contact points and you'll be fine. Mine are great and haven't had any problems and no discoloring of the sockets from heat.
Old 11-29-2006, 11:22 PM
5 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks. So I'm at a crossroad between Nokya Arctic Whites that are $20 at 7000K rated at 12V55W output at 80W or Polarg Shining Wizards that are $79 at 5000K rated at 12V55W output at 100W. I believe these two have the ultra white light output with a tint of blue in it, though Nokyas might be a little more blue.

I recently ask the parts manager at the scion dealership to see if I needed a harness for the Polargs because they sold them in the parts department and he said that he didn't have any idea, but based on the 12V55W on the box, he said it probably wasn't necessary. I didn't trust him at the point.

Does anyone know if anywhere in the forum has reviews on each type of headlight everyone uses and their preference to get that white/blue look? I've only seen that a lot of people prefer Silverstars.

Also, is di-electric grease necessary when installing the harness or can you just plug-n-play?
Old 11-29-2006, 11:45 PM
5 Year Member

just go HID
Old 11-30-2006, 12:05 AM
5 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That seems to be the common solution to everything...a very expensive one I might add.
Old 11-30-2006, 03:37 AM
web
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by brucefan
Thanks. So I'm at a crossroad between Nokya Arctic Whites that are $20 at 7000K rated at 12V55W output at 80W or Polarg Shining Wizards that are $79 at 5000K rated at 12V55W output at 100W. I believe these two have the ultra white light output with a tint of blue in it, though Nokyas might be a little more blue.

I recently ask the parts manager at the scion dealership to see if I needed a harness for the Polargs because they sold them in the parts department and he said that he didn't have any idea, but based on the 12V55W on the box, he said it probably wasn't necessary. I didn't trust him at the point.

Does anyone know if anywhere in the forum has reviews on each type of headlight everyone uses and their preference to get that white/blue look? I've only seen that a lot of people prefer Silverstars.

Also, is di-electric grease necessary when installing the harness or can you just plug-n-play?

Di-electric grease is never really necessary, but it helps keep a solid contact between male and female metal connections. It prevents the possibility of the electricity arching if there's a space and melting the plastic connector and wiring harness. It's only a 1$ pack from autozone so you're not breaking the bank.

Never seen another post about all the different lights people use but I've got Nokya Cosmic Magnum Whites, I switched out my silverstars for them. Euro design bulbs (ebay specials) I got both high and low beam for 30$. Ok for cheap "hyper whites" but definately just a blueish light on the road. Horrible in rain and on new blacktop roads. My Nokyas do great for me.
Old 12-07-2006, 12:12 AM
5 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So I read from other forums how you can distinguish between real nokyas than fake nokyas and one from the list is real nokyas have a blue skyline r34 on the front, but the nokyas (Artic Whites) i just bought has a g35 on the front. Another thing it says that real nokyas output wattage is 70W, but mine has 80W. i just bought mine from racinglab.com. I hope mine are authentic and they just updated the pic on the box.
Old 12-07-2006, 01:18 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i have an extra pair does anyone want it? for cheap =D
Old 12-07-2006, 06:18 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

ok i finally got my bulbs...ups messed up shipping...they shipped it to the wrong apt. anyways i want to do this mod tomorrow and i'm wondering if there is any tips i should know before jumping into it...i bought the nokya cosmic whites w/ the wire harness...i'm a bit worried about how to connect everything, being that i'm kinda new to this type of mod. need to know how to connect harness to new bulbs and car...Thanks
Old 12-07-2006, 06:24 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

haha i was like you too, man dont worry, just disconnect the old ones and keep them dont touch the tips of the bulbs, uhhh unplug it plug in the harness first them put the bulb in place and lock it and then plug the harness into the bulb =D

Quick Reply: Nokya Magnum Cosmic White 80W (5000K look)