Notices
Scion tC 1G Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

Nokya Magnum Cosmic White 80W (5000K look)

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2006, 02:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I wore disposable plastic gloves when replacing my bulbs, just in case I accidentally touched it. But Still DO NOT TOUCH THE BULB, and try not to let it touch anything else either. If you got the plug n play harness, it will be a snap. Should take you 5 minutes max.
Old 12-10-2006, 07:14 AM
5 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I just received and installed nokya arctic whites this morning and thought i would try it out at night after work. Good test too since it rained here. My verdict...SUCKED!!! I could barely see any light output on a dark and wet road. I couldn't even tell if my headlights were on. The best thing about it was the white/bluish light. Other that that, no good for night driving on black and/or wet roads. I'm going back to my silverstars!!! Good thing these headlights were only $20.
Old 12-10-2006, 01:46 PM
web
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah, it's b/c of the higher Kelvin reading for those Arctic whites. Magnum whites are tested closer to 5000K so it's more visible light that is expressed rather than color. Mine did fine in the rain for me.
Old 12-12-2006, 06:29 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i finally have time to post some pics...These are the Nokya Cosmic White bulbs w/ kyo wireharness...this was the easiest mod i've ever done thanks to the help from you guys. I've had them in for a couple of days now...and IMO these very good quality bulbs. the light output at night is amazing i see a lot more on the roads than i normally did with the stock bulbs....the color is perfect...a crisp white w/ a tinge of blue...it is clearer in person my camera sucks.

Now i just need to change the parking light bulb...to better match the headlights
Old 12-12-2006, 06:29 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i finally have time to post some pics...These are the Nokya Cosmic White bulbs w/ kyo wireharness...this was the easiest mod i've ever done thanks to the help from you guys. I've had them in for a couple of days now...and IMO these very good quality bulbs. the light output at night is amazing i see a lot more on the roads than i normally did with the stock bulbs....the color is perfect...a crisp white w/ a tinge of blue...it is clearer in person my camera sucks.

Now i just need to change the parking light bulb...to better match the headlights
Old 12-12-2006, 12:58 PM
web
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ha-y-onscion

They look great. I'm glad you like them.
Old 12-12-2006, 01:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by brucefan
My verdict...SUCKED!!!