Notices
Scion tC 1G Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

One clean allmotor SW TC coming right up sir:New Pics added

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 04:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^ im basing my view on actual racing and track times those calculators are nice and all but you cant really apply them to every car and expect it to be exact. me and my friends have noticed that taking the car all the way to redline, that their track times have been alot slower and lower in comparison to taking it down just a tad which have gotten them better times and better closer races against other cars. gears are one thing but you have to take into consideration also the design of the head and how it flows + also how heavy the car is... since our cars are so heavy taking advantage of using the upward TQ curve longer should be able to net us much longer push foward then just using smaller spurts of the TQ curve that might not give us the push of foward momentum we need to keep the car rolling faster. its more thoery and through alot of racing or track times that i've noticed how the car acts when shifting at different points... im not saying your wrong in your post and the links. that might be able to be applicable for most cars but not all...

go to countyline when u have a chance and try out different things to see what your track times show... again not saying your wrong.. just going along with what ive tested a hundred times and on the street and track... what may work for me might not work everyone else...
Old 10-01-2007, 04:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

damm menace got pretty damm technical on that lol .........lost me at pete, your pretty knoledgeable ahahaha
Old 10-01-2007, 05:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Don't want to argue, its physics, read the first link whenever you get a chance... How much do you charge for spring install btw, I got some eibachs that have been sitting in my house for a month...
Old 10-01-2007, 05:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

what year is your car...120 installed..takes about 3-5 hours
Old 10-01-2007, 05:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

'06 Going on vacation next week, so as soon as I come back, towards the end of the month. 120 sounds like a deal, what times are you available?
Old 10-01-2007, 05:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
1UP Crew
SL Member

I own compressors FTW!!!...lolol

Hittin the track soon??
Old 10-01-2007, 05:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Who me?
Old 10-01-2007, 05:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Menace
'06 Going on vacation next week, so as soon as I come back, towards the end of the month. 120 sounds like a deal, what times are you available?
weekends are the best for me..saturday or sunday... so give me a shout when ever your ready

hey joe.. get your compressors ready... looks like we have another install coming soon hehe..oh btw joe.. i need ur help soon on picking up an indash like yours. i wana hook up the xbox or nintendo to the car when i go on trips and stuff and need help sorting that out.. and i havent forgotten about your axle covers for center of the wheel.. so this wed. lets go to lowes and get it.. its like 2-5 bucks..

yea joe im gonna be going to the track soon.. wana come along?
Old 10-01-2007, 05:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
1UP Crew
SL Member

hey man. pics look awesome. from experience, this car is fast as f***! lol. beats my supercharged baby... by a bit. hehe. jk.
Old 10-01-2007, 05:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

lol ^^ all motor > s/c tc ....now that u have ur tires jason.. do u want ur rematch lol
Old 10-01-2007, 05:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
1UP Crew
SL Member

Originally Posted by TCpete
lol ^^ all motor > s/c tc ....now that u have ur tires jason.. do u want ur rematch lol

x2
Old 10-01-2007, 06:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
1UP Crew
SL Member

Originally Posted by Menace
weekends are the best for me..saturday or sunday... so give me a shout when ever your ready

hey joe.. get your compressors ready... looks like we have another install coming soon hehe..oh btw joe.. i need ur help soon on picking up an indash like yours. i wana hook up the xbox or nintendo to the car when i go on trips and stuff and need help sorting that out.. and i havent forgotten about your axle covers for center of the wheel.. so this wed. lets go to lowes and get it.. its like 2-5 bucks..

yea joe im gonna be going to the track soon.. wana come along?

Dude, u know my compressors are always ready to roll...lol

Just lemme know wen ur really ready...I'll install the indash while we sprinkle juice mine...lololol....
Na, but for real, we'll talk for sure im not the "mad mike" of 1UP for nothing!!!

Track time =
Old 10-01-2007, 08:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
1UP Crew
SL Member

Originally Posted by caveman

x2
f u guys. lol. pete, hook me up with some ajiako and im down. haha.
Old 10-01-2007, 11:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

nice wheels, from one sa90 owner to another!

how hard was the c-pillar install? where can i get one?
Old 10-02-2007, 01:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

sup Pete, good job on the pics, thats gotta be the nicest tc i've seen, nice mix of show and go. LMK when you guys go to the track, I already went once but lets just say traction control off and countyline dont mix, I almost ate the wall twice, in second gear.
Old 10-02-2007, 02:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

looks good bro...
Old 10-02-2007, 10:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm surprised you didn't need Hood Pins to hold down the VIS Carbon Fiber hood.....how was the fitment on them? Aren't you worried that one day the hood might pop open?
Old 10-02-2007, 11:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
1UP Crew
SL Member

^^^nope, the latch on the VIS hood is very sturdy
Old 10-02-2007, 01:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by SidePocketKid
nice wheels, from one sa90 owner to another!
how hard was the c-pillar install? where can i get one?
thanks..i know you have wedsports also from the SW thread..lol... the c pillar bar was easy to install but it was custom and from another car... not a regular c pillar bar for the tc... its mounted different so i have full ability to recline the back seats with no issues unlike the megan one. u cant really get it anywere you kinda have to buy it and make it fit the tc.

Originally Posted by 1tc4u2nv
sup Pete, good job on the pics, thats gotta be the nicest tc i've seen, nice mix of show and go. LMK when you guys go to the track, I already went once but lets just say traction control off and countyline dont mix, I almost ate the wall twice, in second gear.
yea bro i can imagine with out the t/c on you'd be slidin all over the place for high hp rwd cars that track is very tricky to go down and stay in conrtol.. but yea when we go again ill let you know. and thanks for the nice words bro.

Originally Posted by Racersky
I'm surprised you didn't need Hood Pins to hold down the VIS Carbon Fiber hood.....how was the fitment on them? Aren't you worried that one day the hood might pop open?
yea like caveman said.. the hood latch is very sturdy and well put together plus its a little lower placed on the hood so theres no real gap in that area.. ive gone about 125 with the hood on and its fine... i dont see any signs of vibration... its an awesome quality made hood so no worries..
Old 10-02-2007, 08:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i've seen this kid around my way that just got his rear hatch and hood from VIS and let me tell ya......it looks horrible. The fitment is atrocious and the weaving is out of place in certain areas. I don't know if VIS either fixed that. Where did you purchase your Carbon FIber hood from?

Quick Reply: One clean allmotor SW TC coming right up sir:New Pics added