Notices
Scion tC 1G Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

Oznium Full tC 3rd Taillight

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2007, 05:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

I honestly don't know how you can say that it looks different than OEM - it looks almost exactly the same - there just isn't any raised lettering on the bottom right corner of the taillight (i know it's there from when I smoked my original tail). Plus the LED Headz one IS the OEM one - just modified.

I'll try to take more pics - i've got a lot of stuff to do, however.

At the time that I bought the LED Headz kit, there was no direct replacement option (besides sending them your own taillight - which I did NOT want to go without on my daily driver).

If you want a full TBL right now - go with the Led headz kit by all means. Oznium's won't be out for 2 months. Most of us here know that Phil at Oznium makes a good product.
Old 05-18-2007, 05:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

To put it bluntly, if I didn't own a Scion and drove up behind yours, looking like they do in the pics you posted, I'd think either Scion does a horrible job with LEDs or the owner did some cheap mod. The LED's don't look like the same size as the originals, and also look out of alignment. Then again it could be just because of crappy pics and in fact look fine. But the pics from the LED_Headz look better and more consistent with the original LEDs. But to each their own, right?
Old 05-18-2007, 06:08 PM

10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

well... as i said earlier... i'm leaving out any comments until i see them in person.

i know how poor photos can turn out.. but just counting the number of leds in oznium's they come out to be 21 vs the 6+12 that ledheadz has.

with that, they are going to be spaced differently between both, which is the only thing i can assume from photos.

phil at oznium has great stuff, and as mentioned earlier again.. it's good to have some competition.

but as far as a product like this... real judging will have to be in person.
Old 05-18-2007, 06:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Thanks, Squall. Yes - the pictures aren't of the greatest quality - I'll eventually get good pics during the day and at night when I have my tripod.
Old 05-18-2007, 06:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

just waitin for Phil to get a Flowlighting TBL Million color going on! that would be sick!
Old 05-18-2007, 06:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Yes - he's working on that!
Old 05-18-2007, 07:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'd drop $100 on this.

Direct replacement (ie. PLUG AND PLAY - ZERO MODDING) is huge.

Now if I can just gather $100 that isn't being used for something else...
Old 05-18-2007, 10:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by krdshrk
I honestly don't know how you can say that it looks different than OEM - it looks almost exactly the same - there just isn't any raised lettering on the bottom right corner of the taillight (i know it's there from when I smoked my original tail). Plus the LED Headz one IS the OEM one - just modified.

I'll try to take more pics - i've got a lot of stuff to do, however.

At the time that I bought the LED Headz kit, there was no direct replacement option (besides sending them your own taillight - which I did NOT want to go without on my daily driver).

If you want a full TBL right now - go with the Led headz kit by all means. Oznium's won't be out for 2 months. Most of us here know that Phil at Oznium makes a good product.
there was and still is a direct replacement. We have serveral spare TBL's for exchanges. Please get your info straight.
Old 05-18-2007, 10:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Not when you first started selling these. It was "send us yours and we'll do it and then send it back."
Old 05-18-2007, 11:18 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Concept in Motion Crew
SL Member

^ Never did we have that plan. Our plans from every since the beginning of our TBL sales was that we ship you a modded TBL and you ship us urs back once u get the Full lighting TBL installed. We did think things through and never wanted people to drive around with a fat hole on their trunks.
Old 05-18-2007, 11:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ok girls... let's just take it easy.

Let it go.
Old 05-18-2007, 11:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by krdshrk
Not when you first started selling these. It was "send us yours and we'll do it and then send it back."
\

umm never, we always had a loan/exchange program. I even told u that prior to u purchasing the DIY kit.
Old 05-18-2007, 11:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by ack154
Ok girls... let's just take it easy.

Let it go.
Im just saying all the things Nick said were false. Ok so u got a sponsorship from Ozium for a free TBL made in china. Open up ur TBL and lets see whats inside.
Old 05-18-2007, 11:54 PM

10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

HEY.. HEY.... stop it..

things cleared up hopefully... no need to go further with this.... and as far as i heard.. he didn't get it for free.
Old 05-19-2007, 12:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

No, it's not a sponsorship - I paid $105 for this (plus shipping).

I've always liked Phil's products - I have enough of them on my car (HIDs, Underbodys, Cathodes, etc). When he offered us the chance (by us, I mean Scikotics), i leaped at it.
Old 05-19-2007, 03:51 AM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Sounds like a few are worried about the competition (not Trung)... All Nick did was showed a new product that was offered to him to TEST (THE KEYWORD IS TEST) out to see how he likes it and the VIEWS of people that can see it IN PERSON.... This is one of two prototypes that were shipped directley from china to be tested.............I was asked to run it for testing but passed it on due to tight funds.... I'm glad that Nick was able to get test it out......

Some of you play on words to much....you take things to heart.... Whats gonna happen when Phil put out the million color TBL??? You guys aren't gonna like the way the LED'S flow???? Come on and move on.....................

I'm done.................
Old 05-19-2007, 10:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm sure Oznium would not go ahead with a product that was inferior to anything already out on the market. There would be no reason for them to produce the tbl if it didn't at least match the high quality we expect and get already from the led headz.
The pics Oznium posted on Scikotics were alot cleaner and gave a better viewing angle of them lit up. Let's remember though these are prototypes... meaning they are for testing purposes and to work out any defects or issues that may arise during production.
I'm personally waiting for the million color, scanning version that Oznium is working on.
Old 05-19-2007, 04:17 PM

10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by thino74s
I'm personally waiting for the million color, scanning version that Oznium is working on.
yeah... no claims for that idea since it's been out there.. me and phil are content on that

i myself have had the same idea for the what to use... just no money to pursue the project.. but i'm sure phil's going to find a cheaper way to produce it and get to out to everyone... best wishes for him for that..

i just frankly don't have the resources
Old 05-19-2007, 06:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I've always liked Oznium stuff and the warranty is great. To have a TBL that you can swap in and out if you need to is highly valuable IMO. Besides, competition is good for the economy!
Old 05-19-2007, 06:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thats pretty sweet, but itll be later down the road mod for me

Quick Reply: Oznium Full tC 3rd Taillight