Notices
Scion tC 1G Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

Oznium Full tC 3rd Taillight

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2007, 06:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Nice!!! Just keep us updated! Thanks Phil!
Old 05-26-2007, 02:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

$20 off? I might need to get 2nd one from the actual production run... lol.
Old 05-26-2007, 04:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

all i gotta say is, just remember who brought it too you first... yeah, they have the kit ready NOW for you. you dont have to wait 2 months. being an led guy myself, the LEDheads guys used led's that were exaclty the same as stock.. actualy, the stock one is still in there, they just added one on each side. that is as close to factory as your gonna get, bar none. and w/ that, comes the dead spot on each end as the led bars have only 6 led's in them. yeah, its not perfect, but those LED's are bright and have a crazy viewing angle. plus, the exact spacing needed for the crazy screwed up lense that is on the TBL.. the spacing is everything.

the led's on oznium are bowed, that isnt the easiest thing to cure. the housing sort of make them do that. its the way the housing and lense are made. you have to get more custom w/ the PCB to get the angle right, but more importantly, the spacing. as that is realy the only crucial obstical.. and it does sort of change. i noticed that on mine when i built it.. so thats why they look uneven in brightness... its all where the leds line up w/ the larger clear spot on the lense.. the bow is due to the housing.

now they may have never had an un satisfied customer (oznium) but how many people that BUY pre-made led products know about led's and brightness and viewing angle? zilch.... so, yes, in that first pict they look dimmer than the STOCK TBL.. but unless you have them side by side, no one will be able to tell.. IE: the TYC's use 5mm led's.. in the led world, 99.9% of 5mm's are crap.. no auto maker uses them in there vehicles.. its always a high flux and or multi-chip square led. if oznium is using 5mm's, i hope he's got daymn good ones. bright and at least a 45degree viewing angle..

but again, my props the the people who brought this product to the scion owners. yes, ledheads were one of the first or thee first, so w/ that, perfection is slim.. they did/do offer a solid bright as factory, solution to a stupid problem. yes, oznium will prolly make them better, if not, he has to be a tool as the work/ R & D was already done by previous TBL modders/ designers and he could learn from that and hear what others would like to see different. thats the beauty of being second... and anyone second SHOULD product better than the first.. so i hope he's looking at this thread, seeing what people like, then applying it! if he chooses to do so, then i think he'll have a hard time keeping these in stock.. so, mad probs to him for bringing us one more option.

as for hating on the others who ask questions about the quality of the oznium version, thats BS.. you dont quite get it.... due to the fact that you dont know jack about led's and the oooodles of differnt verisions that exist.. so its only natural for an LED modder to question the output of another modders LED.. as they know what is what and what kind of output each type of led is capable of... you have no right to hate on them as there is no one single post about what led's oznium is/will be using.. so questioning is very approiate.. IMHO as i am very curious as well.

as for the led's to be used, i just came across these http://www.unique-leds.com/index.php...roduct_id=1942 and would maybe try testing those as 5mm's are easier to mount and connect as there are fewer leads. plus, those have a great viewing angle and a decent light output. 5mm's would give you more flexiblity on the placement so you can get the exact even output (ligning up w/ the stock TBL lense clearest squares)and fitting one on the very outer ends.

will the ozniums be a direct stock replacement? meaning they are premade, pre sealed, ready to go out of the shipping box to be bolted in? will they be modified stockers or come as a never opened, sealed unit, basicly built that way, not modified internaly then glued back up?

wouldnt be a fan of the million color TBL. but a bi-color, the other color being white for backups.. that woudl be cool.. but that wount be a PNP as extra wires woudl need to be run, but would be nice to have as an option as well.. and the scanning thing is kinda cool, but super illegal..

mad props to both of the TBL kit makers.. just be happy somone is taking inniative and getting $hit done!

here is a video of mine to show that the very end led is sorta custom and a small pita as the board has to be cut and its very tight height wise on the outer edge..

Old 05-26-2007, 04:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by magyver
the led's on oznium are bowed, that isnt the easiest thing to cure. the housing sort of make them do that. its the way the housing and lense are made. you have to get more custom w/ the PCB to get the angle right, but more importantly, the spacing. as that is realy the only crucial obstical.. and it does sort of change. i noticed that on mine when i built it.. so thats why they look uneven in brightness... its all where the leds line up w/ the larger clear spot on the lense.. the bow is due to the housing.
Please remember that this is a PROTOTYPE - issues like that will be fixed before the actual product release.

Originally Posted by magyver
will the ozniums be a direct stock replacement? meaning they are premade, pre sealed, ready to go out of the shipping box to be bolted in? will they be modified stockers or come as a never opened, sealed unit, basicly built that way, not modified internaly then glued back up?
This is a Direct Replacement - they are premade, sealed, and 100% Bolt-On. You just have to unbolt the existing TBL, pull off the leftover adhesive from the sealant, pull off the tape protecting the glue on the Oznium TBL, put it on, then reconnect everything.
Old 05-26-2007, 04:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah, i get that.... was merely explaining why it is the way that it is as there were a few comments about it.. so rather than say its gonna be fixed, i opted to explain the reason for it.....

cool. one thing i noticed when i took out mine was the factory sealant came off in spots.. are you saying these come w/ there own sealant product already attached? or do they just go w/ out? i dont think its a big deal as i know mine is gone in some spots and i havent had any issues yet.. but i was just curious...
Old 05-26-2007, 05:08 AM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I appreciate your comments magyver

Yes, to clarify, they are direct replacements. They are not just OEM units modded with new LEDs, they are built from scratch with a new mold.

Comes with new "sealant" / foam weather stripping attached.
Old 05-26-2007, 01:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ok, so w/ that, how does it work for you to do that? i mean, scion owns the pattent on that whole TBL, can u just use there design, or do you have to come up w/ your own? mainly i ask because of the stock TBL has many little differnt sized squares in the lense.. are you planning on using a 100% clear lense w/ no diffusers? or is it gonna look exactly like the stock one? also, i ask as will you be able to sell blanks? as i would be interested in just a blank TBL so i can get more custom w/ it... LOL
Old 05-26-2007, 02:22 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I'm pretty sure there's no patent on this TBL design.

It is going to look exactly like the stock one in regards to the hundreds of different sized squares.

Blanks are a good idea.
Old 06-01-2007, 12:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Seen this in person and it rocks..... Maybe the LED heads will buy your stock one and try and sale em... haha
Old 06-01-2007, 12:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Scikotic-tC-
Maybe the LED heads will buy your stock one and try and sale em... haha
whats that supposed to mean? seriously, what point are you tryin to make?
Old 06-01-2007, 01:28 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

you guys are definetly makig good products that people want for the Scion tC,

now if only you guys can make some descent looking projectors for the tC you'd have alot of buyers !
Old 06-01-2007, 02:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^ cost. people want things cheap.. if you want quality projectors, then they'll want HID.. people throw a fit over $200, so a nice setup would/should be over $500.

but if they made them, would be nice if they came apart easily so they could be modded... painted, led'd, ect ect... that would be ****
Old 06-13-2007, 12:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I WANT!
Old 06-13-2007, 03:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I guess since VRD already has them available at a similar price, it may take away sales from those who don't want to wait.
Old 06-13-2007, 06:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

How long will the wait be though, i want to see a side by side of Led_Headz, Oznium, VRD, and LedMods.net
Old 06-13-2007, 06:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
The Family
SL Member

i want to get one that has the scanner on it. is there goin to be one like this. i want the light to go from side to side.
Old 06-13-2007, 06:52 PM

10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

*sigh*.... people and their knight rider dreams... :?
so many...

scanner is in planning
Old 06-13-2007, 06:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by SquallLHeart
*sigh*.... people and their knight rider dreams... :?
so many...

scanner is in planning
I absolutely love Knight Rider, i think i might do a scanner in my front!
Old 06-13-2007, 06:57 PM

10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

i've done that.... but uhm... something happened to it.

well.. more specifically.. something happened to the car that it was on.

i miss it..
Old 06-13-2007, 06:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Quick Reply: Oznium Full tC 3rd Taillight